Halo no longer a part of MLG (2013 Pro Circuit)

Hishoa

https://twitter.com/search/realtime?q=mlg+halo&src=typd

http://i.imgur.com/rajN8.png

This will be the first time in the 10-year history of MLG that Halo will not be there

Let's look at the bright side.. the amount of those MLG-wannabe's you meet online won't have a leg to stand on anymore. I mean, unless they start tossing around the ol' "I'm ex-MLG, you stank-ass n00b!" retort.

So what does this mean? Halo has "officially" lost it's competitive label? Nobody thinks Halo "is for pros" anymore?

Apparently so.

And some of the biggest names in eSports are Halo players...

The Ogre Twins, Final Boss, i99...

It's weird, but I suppose they need to make cuts somewhere seeing how big PC gaming has taken off fo them the past two years.

Especially with all the LoL gamers jumping ship from Hydro.

Lol, I actually AM part of the MLG circuit.

Sidewinder.

I lol heartily with you to, good sir for you see Im on the Major League Gaming Circut too. me and my team all love Bryan Adams so we called ourselves The '69er's. i dont like to brag but, im kind of a big deal in the playing video games scene. Maybe you have heard of me? My MLG name is Tyrannosaurus_Sex.

So sad to see Halo 4 go from the Major League Gaming Circiut Roster. I will miss epic pwning all teh n00bs while making bank and getting mad chicks. R.I.P

I lol heartily with you to, good sir for you see Im on the Major League Gaming Circut too. me and my team all love Bryan Adams so we called ourselves The '69er's. i dont like to brag but, im kind of a big deal in the playing video games scene. Maybe you have heard of me? My MLG name is Tyrannosaurus_Sex.

So sad to see Halo 4 go from the Major League Gaming Circiut Roster. I will miss epic pwning all teh n00bs while making bank and getting mad chicks. R.I.P

Hahaha!

Aww, poor baby. Unlike you, some gamers actually made it big. I was on TV in the UK and America. For 14 month here we were on a show called Xleague and made it to the top Playoffs every time. 2009-2011.

Team was called Team Infinity.

Then Chilled Gaming took me and Monster Cadet on and we played the MLG i38 in California in 2011. We came 6th out of 700 (approx.) teams for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

We also had teams on eNemyDown and Matchbox 360.

(I had a few interviews with eD for things such as the teams we had played to reach our position, and another one for Gamerscore).

I never played on eD but a different cell of our clan did.

Made quite a bit of money, and made a few sponsorships. Was a good 3 years.

Then XL shut down and I couldn't deal with the MLG stuff anymore.

Don't bother acting like an idiot towards someone who was simply stating something.

Hahaha!

Aww, poor baby. Unlike you, some gamers actually made it big. I was on TV in the UK and America. For 14 month here we were on a show called Xleague and made it to the top Playoffs every time. 2009-2011.

Then Chilled Gaming took me and Monster Cadet on and we played the MLG i38 in California in 2011. We came 6th out of 700 (approx.) teams for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

(I had a few interviews with eD for things such as the teams we had played to reach our position, and another one for Gamerscore).

Don't bother acting like an idiot towards someone who was simply stating something.

oh my fucking god

http://digboston.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/facepalm.jpg

Hahaha!

I bet you're a real hoot at parties!

Hahaha!

Cool story bro, at what part do you shut up?

I was never big into the MLG thing. I love gaming and I'm pretty serious about my goals there, but working full time as a nurse on the graveyard shift doesnt leave enough time and schedule flexibility to coordinate a real team. I did play Halo 4 a while back with a solid team and we won every single match we played for like 7 hours straight. There were a few tense ones but most matches we rolled.

I'm sorry for the hardcore Halo mlg players that it has fallen from grace. I dont really see why though. It has ZERO to do with how competitive the "vanilla" game is because they can tweak weapons/settings/spawns/etc to make it suit MLG just fine. I bet you ANYTHING it boils down to $$$$$$.

Now that Microsoft wholly owns Halo, they probably demanded too large a chunk of advertising revenue and the MLG coordiantors told them to fuck off. I would bet my xbox on that.

I bet you ANYTHING it boils down to $$$$$$.

Now that Microsoft wholly owns Halo, they probably demanded too large a chunk of advertising revenue and the MLG coordiantors told them to fuck off. I would bet my xbox on that.

DING DING DING! I think we have a winner!

MS are a pain to deal with when trying to run one off tournaments let alone an ongoing circuit so I have no doubt in my mind that overly restrictive conditions from MS and huge amounts of money offered by Activision are the only reasons behind this.

DING DING DING! I think we have a winner!

MS are a pain to deal with when trying to run one off tournaments let alone an ongoing circuit so I have no doubt in my mind that overly restrictive conditions from MS and huge amounts of money offered by Activision are the only reasons behind this.

Exactly. Like it or not it its retail version of MP for the masses, Halo 4 has infinite amounts of customization available and could EASILY be tailored tosuit MLG. The game is neither competitive nor casual. It is a sandbox within which players and content creators can choose to craft either a competitive or casual experience.

343i in their infinite stupidity have chosen to make the matchmaking options casual. The MLG circuit could easily take it the other direction. It's all business, and this time Microsoft has ruined it for the Halo faithful within the MLG community by demanding too large a piece of the money pie.

Exactly. Like it or not it its retail version of MP for the masses, Halo 4 has infinite amounts of customization available and could EASILY be tailored tosuit MLG. The game is neither competitive nor casual. It is a sandbox within which players and content creators can choose to craft either a competitive or casual experience.

343i in their infinite stupidity have chosen to make the matchmaking options casual. The MLG circuit could easily take it the other direction. It's all business, and this time Microsoft has ruined it for the Halo faithful within the MLG community by demanding too large a piece of the money pie.

I don't think Halo 4 could be suited for MLG. From what I've read, the only way to get rid of instant respawns is gametypes modified by 3rd party programs -- the same for the sprint always being enabled. It's also impossible to tweak the ordinance system to behave like the weapon respawns in previous titles (assuming MLG would've done away with personal ordinance drops to begin with.)

Hahaha!

http://i.imgur.com/Fq3YGWV.gif

I don't think Halo 4 could be suited for MLG. From what I've read, the only way to get rid of instant respawns is gametypes modified by 3rd party programs -- the same for the sprint always being enabled. It's also impossible to tweak the ordinance system to behave like the weapon respawns in previous titles (assuming MLG would've done away with personal ordinance drops to begin with.)

I'm fairly certain I was able to remove both personal ordinance drops and map-based ordinance drops and place static weapon spawns on the maps when I was toying around with forge in Halo 4 a bit. As for sprint, since everyone has it and it isn't game-breaking I don't think it's a big deal. I'm also fairly certain you can tweak spawn timers and remove the option to respawn instantly but I'm not 100% on this last point. I think it's doable for MLG and still stand by my opinion that it boils down to $$ not the game itself. Then again I'm not an MLG player so I'm no authority.

Even if you can't disable instant respawns, the tournament circuit has aribtrators watching matches and they could simply state that anyone that uses instant respawn will be disqualified or penalized in some fashion. True competitive players would adhere to that if they wanted to play the circuit.

• 3 months later...