Achievement Guide and Roadmap

echoes999

Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare

Overview:

Estimated achievement difficulty: 3/10 for 250:gsicon:

Offline: 0 (0)

Online: 10 (250:gsicon:)

Approximate amount of time 5-30hrs for 250:gsicon: (Lots of luck involved)

Minimum number of playthroughs needed: N/A

Missable achievements: 0

Does difficulty affect achievements?: No

Unobtainable/glitched achievements: None

Extra equipment needed?: None

Overview:

The Plants VS Zombies mayhem continues in another free add on for Garden Warfare. This DLC pack is called Legends of the Lawn and overall is a fairly easy 250 pts. Your time will consist of playing three different competitive modes to get SUBURBINATION DOMINATION, LORD OF THE ORB, and NO NACHO TACO FOR YOU.

Besides getting enough points to buy sticker packs to unlock the zombie backups and laser bean you will be spending the rest of your time in Garden OPS probably pulling your hair out. Getting a treasure yeti wave and a vampire super wave is completely luck based and could happen on your first try or eight hours in. Its completely lucked based but I will give you some pointers to help you hopefully get it sooner rather than later.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2818/92717-lo.jpg Backup - 10:gsicon:

Summon a Backup Dancer, Vampire Zombie and Heal Zombie

Just like the last DLC you will have to unlock these zombies to use in the Gardens and Graveyards mode. The only pack I've found them in are the Legends of the Lawn packs that cost 30,000. Keep buying the packs until you have unlocked all three and then just use the zombies at some point in Gardens and Graveyards or taco bandits to unlock the achievement. Note: Some people have reported receiving them in the 20,000 supremium packs. It's entirely possible but over the course of playing I never personally got them in that pack.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2818/92718-lo.jpgLaser Eyes - 10:gsicon:

Grow a Laser Bean

Once again buy the Legends of the Lawn packs for 30.000 until you get the laser bean card. Use it during the Gardens and Graveyards mode when you are on the plants team to unlock the achievement. Note: Some people have reported getting Laser Beans in the 1,000 packs so it could be possible. I never personally got one from those packs and i bought quite a few.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2818/92719-lo.jpgSunblock -20:gsicon:

Vanquish Baron von Bats in Garden Ops

I've encountered the Baron in public and private games on easy and normal. So for the sake of the achievement play in a private match on easy. The Baron only appears in round 5 or round 10 as one of the bosses. Once you get him just defeat him, but remember if you are playing with other people that only the person who lands the killing blow will get the achievement.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2818/92720-lo.jpgTreasure Hunt - 20:gsicon:

Vanquish a Treasure Yeti in Garden Ops

Treasure Yeti's only appear as a bonus on round 3 and 8. Play a game solo on easy in a private match. Play to round three and if you don't get a treasure yeti quit out and try again. When you do get a treasure yeti just kill him in less then 130 seconds otherwise he will disappear. If you are playing with others just remember you have to be the one to kill him to get the achievement.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2818/92720-lo.jpgTreasure Chest - 50:gsicon:

Collect 7 Diamonds from the Treasure Yeti

This achievement can be frustrating to get because for some people it is really hard to get lucky enough to even get the yeti to appear. The treasure Yeti will only appear in round 3 or 8 during the bonus rounds. Once he appears you have 30 seconds to reach him and then 130 seconds to kill him. While you shoot him he will drop coins, coin bags and sometimes diamonds. The best way to do this achievement is to play solo on easy in a private match. If someone other than you picks up the diamond you will not get credit. Start a match and play until round 3. If you don't get the treasure yeti quit and try again. Keep doing this until you get the yeti. At this point to keep your sanity its very important that you don't kill the zombie that spawns with the yeti. Keep shooting the yeti until he either dies or time runs out. Hopefully he will give you a few diamonds. Sometimes he wont drop any. After he's gone let the zombie you kept alive kill you. Then use a ticket to retry the wave. You will get the treasure yeti again. Do this until you've used up all three of your tickets, thus giving you four chances at the yeti. If you're lucky you will get 7 diamonds during this process. If not you will have to find him again by starting over.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2818/92722-lo.jpgGraveyard Shift - 30:gsicon:

Defeat a Vampire Super Wave

This is one of the most frustrating achievements in the DLC. A vampire super wave only happens in round 10 in Garden OPS. When you get three pictures of the Baron on the slot machine you know you got it. No matter how much I played solo private match I never got a vampire super wave. The only time that I've ever been lucky enough to get them is when I play public matches on normal difficulty or higher. I've also only had them appear on the night maps and when four people have been in the game, but I don't think it only has to be on night maps. So good luck with this because just being lucky enough to get it is the hardest part. After you do get it just survive the wave to unlock the achievement.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2818/92723-lo.jpgVampire Hunter - 25:gsicon:

Vanquish 50 Vampire Hunters

Another frustrating achievement based on luck. The only time the vampires show up are during the vampire super wave. If you are lucky enough to get one then about 20 vampires will be there for you to pick off. You can also do the same trick as the treasure yeti and let one of the last enemies kill you so you can use your wave retry to kill 20 more and so on until you get the achievement. If you're not lucky and don't get a vampire super wave you can also wait until you get just a single Baron on one of the boss waves. You can dodge his attacks and every once in awhile he will spawn 3 vampires that you can kill. Keep doing this until you hit 50 if you want. Vampires can also be spawned in Gardens and Graveyards by other players but it would take forever going this route.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2818/92724-lo.jpgSuburbination Domination - 30:gsicon:

Capture 20 Gardens in Suburbination

Suburbination is a new game mode in this DLC that is just like Domination in other games. There are three points that you have to capture and hold to win the game. For this achievement you have to capture 20 points over the course of however many games it takes you. This one really doesn't take long if you move from point to point during the game. You don't have to be the first one there to have it count for you. You just have to be standing in the circle when its captured.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2818/92725-lo.jpgLord of the Orb - 30:gsicon:

Collect 50 Crazy Orbs in Vanquish Confirmed

Another new game mode. This one is just like the kill confirmed mode in Call of Duty. Whenever you kill an enemy they drop orbs and to get credit you just need to collect their orb. Repeat 50 times. Just be aware that when your teammates die they will drop orbs to but if you collect them they don't count for the achievement. Just enemy orbs.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2818/92726-lo.jpgNo Nacho Taco for You! - 25:gsicon:

Vanquish a Zombie carrying a Nacho Taco in Taco Bandits

Another new mode that is basically like a one sided capture the flag. The zombies have to grab tacos from Crazy Daves taco cart in the level while the plants try and defend their tacos. To get this achievement you have to be on the plant team and all you have to do is kill a zombie who's carrying one of the tacos.

Edited by echoes999

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The achievements aren't hard, just frustrating as shit. There is an insane amount of luck required just to get the Super Vampire Wave and finding the Yeti + farming him for diamonds. Everything else is simple and quickly obtainable.

Not everything. I already bought 20 packs and I don't have the freaking heal zombie. I'm beyond pissed with this game. :mad:

Not everything. I already bought 20 packs and I don't have the freaking heal zombie. I'm beyond pissed with this game. :mad:

If I could trade with you I would - I've *only* had heal zombies so far! :(

Given how much of a pain these new achievements seem to be, I'm hoping that they might be able to tweak the probabilities somewhat if it's all server side.

I would put the completion time to around 15-20 hours tbh. It could take 7-8 hours just to find the goddamn Yeti!

Haha. I put the time as that because that's how long it took me. But I got lucky I suppose because it only took me about two hours to finish the yeti and I got the vampire super wave on my fourth try. It almost took me longer to get lucky with the sticker packs for the correct zombies for the backup achievement.

I cannot express enough how disappointed I am with some of these achievement selections. Relying on luck doesn't make me feel like I've achieved anything! At first the Treasure Yeti was giving me a tough time, but I followed this guide and quit out after round three if he didn't show. Sure enough I wound up getting him quite a few times. But even getting diamonds from him was a gamble that drove me nuts. I did an entire series where I'd kill him, die, reload and he didn't drop a single one. This happened twice in a row!! Imagine my frustration. The the next time I got him he wound up dropping at least 10 diamonds in ONE go, I didn't have to die or anything. Wtf??

Then there's the Zombie backup achievement. I can either grind for HOURS to make 30000 coin to buy these packs that RARELY give me that damn zombies I need or I can pay 2 bucks a pop...wtf? Why is this even an issue. Either give us a consumable pack or drop the damn price. Seriously, I can drop 1000 on a consumable pack and get good stuff that I need and/or want. Not this though. I've bought at least fifteen or more pack and have gotten at least 20 back up dancers, 3 heal zombies, and NO vampire zombies. Sigh*

Finally there's the Super Vampire Wave. I've played at least fifty matches of Garden Ops through wave ten. Four players, usually on hard, and nothing. I even switched to JUST night time maps after reading this and nothing. Give us achievements that require us to achieve something. Don't force us to rely on luck before we can even attempt these feats. And what if you fail to finish the vampire wave? You have to cross your fingers and hope you get lucky again? FML. Out of fifty matches I only came across THREE super waves. Why make these so freaking rare? It doesn't make any sense to me at all. I'm about fed up with these last two achievements I need.

HaloTitan sums up my feelings perfectly. I actually used to enjoy playing this game.

Also, Lord Revan's suggestion to up the completion time is a good one. I've been looking for the Vampire Super Wave for nearly 20 hours.

Somethinng like this:

Approximate amount of time to completion: 5-30 hrs (Luck based bullshit)

I got a Laser Bean card in a regular 5,000 coin pack, so it doesn't have to be in one of the new 30,000 packs.

I also managed to get a Treasure Yeti to spawn (finally), and he vanished on me. He glitched himself in a corner and just as he was about to die, he disappeared. The timer ran out, so I was going to let the foot soldier zombie kill me, but I was using the Toxic Pea which causes damage to enemies if they are too close to you. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

I even took to twitter to ask the developers on some tips and all they gave me was some general bull crap that we already knew, like you need to have 2 or more players to get the super boss waves to spawn. I agree that this game used to be fun. But now that there are like 5 games coming on in the next 2 months that I look forward to buying, I want to 100 percent this and move on but that one vampire super wave achievement is preventing me from doing that!

So here is a funny story. I was doing the garden ops in order to get the vampire super wave and lo and behold I got it on the second try!! EA then found out and said: "man we can't let this man to get the achievement that quickly. Let's make him lose connection to the servers!!" Yeah screw u EA and your cruddy servers!!