Achievement whored this game, pleasantly surprised

I saw over on CAG that the game was only $9.99 new at GameStop, so I printed out the achievement guide and snagged a copy. I played two sessions which totalled just over 3 hours. The roadmap estimates 2-3 hours, and usually I find that the estimates are on the short side, but not this time. I could have gone through faster had I not missed the trilobyte minigame which meant I had to play part of that level again to get Fossil Fuel and to get the final achievement for getting all the other achievements.

But all in all, the guide isn't even needed to get through the game. Most of the collectibles are out in the open, with only a few hidden behind a crate. Some of the paint tubes might elude you if you don't repair all the paintings in that level, but the rest are there for the taking. So basically, as long as you collect everything in each level (except for the pointless audio guides and graffiti jobs), you will get all the points the game has to offer. Check your stats before leaving an area to be sure you have gotten them all. There is a section of the roadmap that lists what achievements you should have by the time you complete a level. Consult this and it will be a breeze!

Rent, buy cheap, or borrow from a friend, and you will be +1000 in no time, with very little hassle. Some of the cutscenes are kind of funny too. At ~ 3 hours, the game doesn't get monotonous or annoying. If it were 10+ hours, it might be another story, but for what it is, you might as well give it a shot.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree that this game is worth playing through. It has good voice acting, acceptable graphics, and you're rarely at a loss for where to go or what to do next. The monkey sounds get annoying in one level, but that may just be me. Some of the spoken lines are amusing even if they just make you roll your eyes. The gameplay isn't bad at all, either.

This is only the third game I've sat down and, in one sitting, banged out all of the achievements. Unlike "Lost: Via Domus" and "Avatar: The Burning Earth", I had a good time doing this.

• 3 weeks later...
I loved this game, defo one of the most enjoyable games I've played this year. I'd defo give this a rent, even if you think you'd hate it.

You're absolutely right. This game is definitely worth a play through. It's not worth a full retail purchase but it is enjoyable.

I whored this last night too...pleasantly surprised. Nice and easy and rather amusing (if you liked the film).

Just got it in the mail from Gamefly today. Looking forward to seeing it. Boba Phil...you should see my Boba Fett costume. it is movie authentic. Send me a message over live and I will send you a photo!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...