Would it be cool if bring my RE CYF here?

Mathew1986

It's something I made up a couple years ago on the GameFAQs boards, and really having a time finding another board, I just decided though just a few minutes ago, why not try here? I really don't know which board I can use this under, but I would like to try.

It's basically similar to a CYOA, it's basically a story I create up, and you will be placed into the story, or whoever signs up in it. You'll be able to make a bio for your character when I get it up, but first I gotta see, is it cool if I make it here?

So...many..acronyms...

]

Yeah lol.

So here it is, question time.

1.What does CYOA stand for?

2.What does RE CYF stand for?

3.If I annoy you, will you kill my character off?

4.If I annoy you a lot will you kill him "Saw" style i.e tied to a chair until I bite my own arm off to find a key?

5.What genre will the story/stories be? (NO BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN SPIN OFF!!! lol)

I'm in if you are allowed to do it :-P.

Edited by jamie1000013

]

Yeah lol.

4.If I annoy you a lot will you kill him "Saw" style i.e tied to a chair until I bite my own arm off to find a key?

Could have googled that first one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choose_Your_Own_Adventure

I think he's basically doing the same thing, except he chooses how the story goes, and we provide characters and all that other stuff as I'm sure you've noticed. Kind of a reverse of roles for us.

In all honesty, I wouldn't be surprised if this gets shot down by the mods considering that there could be instant flaming if someone doesn't like how things turn out, but if you get the OK from the mods, count me in :)

]

Yeah lol.

1. I didn't really knew what CYOA stood for until now, I know what it's about and like though.

2. Resident Evil: Choose Your Fate

3. No

4. No, but it gives me ideas >_>

5. Resident Evil (It'll consist of all games spanning off of it, even RE4 and RE5 later if it gets that far)

And yeah, I'm basically waiting to get a aproved by the mods or admin before I do something like this, I hope they let me, if not, it's cool, atleast I tried.

In all honesty, I wouldn't be surprised if this gets shot down by the mods considering that there could be instant flaming if someone doesn't like how things turn out, but if you get the OK from the mods, count me in :)

Thing is, there can be instant and unprovoked flaming with anything. I don't think that'd be a good reason to shoot down what could prove to be an interesting thread. Although, it may be considered a forum game. Which I think is silly that they're outlawed, but whatever.

I probably wouldn't partake, but as I said, it sounds interesting. It's not like he's trying to start anything.

1. I didn't really knew what CYOA stood for until now, I know what it's about and like though.

2. Resident Evil: Choose Your Fate

3. No

4. No, but it gives me ideas >_>

5. Resident Evil (It'll consist of all games spanning off of it, even RE4 and RE5 later if it gets that far)

And yeah, I'm basically waiting to get a aproved by the mods or admin before I do something like this, I hope they let me, if not, it's cool, atleast I tried.

If you know what it stands for tell me then :-P. Thanks for clearing up some of my questions though.

Could be but it does sound quite interesting, does anyone have evidence of this working on other forums?

I used to use GameFAQs as well and they were quite popular there. They worked well as long as they were on boards with no topicality (otherwise they'd get deleted for being off topic) and they're fun to read (never participated myself).

Sounds like a potential spamfest.

Nah, wasn't really thinking of that, but this is something that I really did enjoy doing back Smackdown vs. Raw 2006 Social Board, where it became big at. I really don't have any proof, but I have saved some of my work on a website that me and a friend owns.

http://z15.invisionfree.com/Umbrella_Conspiracy/index.php?showforum=16

You click into "The Resident Evil Stories" and you'll see some of my work, its no longer active on SvR06 SB or HCTP SB(Where I tried to recreate it at) but failed on the HCTP SB, cause people started leaving and nobody joined it, but it was hughly popular back on the SvR06 SB, back when it was really active, I slowed down on it, personal problems, I would like to get back into it, it's really hard to find a board on GameFAQs, and even when I do, it'll just purge away too quick, or nobody would join it. I've tried other boards, but either was against TOS, nobody joined(cause board was dead), or it purged away very fast. So, I'm wanting to try to bring it back, as you can see in the link I provided that's the one I had on HCTP SB, then personal problems came in, nobody joined hardly, slowed down. But I'm back, and I'm wanting to try to get into it again.

[Edit]: Basically just waiting on a mod's permission(Not sure if I'm allowed to do it on here, or even what board should I try it on.)

Edited by Mathew1986
Adding more to my last post.

lol well you're not going to not vouch for him are you, otherwise he beats you up

OT, I can see it becoming a pain for mods to... well moderate, that said if it does happen I would be curious to read it.

Well, to the comment you made about my brother, that'd probably be the other way around lol, not really a fighter, he ain't neither, but he can be when he gets very upset, I hardly do anything if I get upset.

And to answer alot of peoples question, I've been trying to get ahold of a couple moderators to see if I'm allowed and where if so, but no responce yet, so I'll probably atleast attempt it here on the General Off Topic forum, seems like a good forum to host it at, and It would be off topic compared to the rest of the site, so I'll try it here, give me a few days, I'm gonna try to get sign ups ready and I don't wanna rush it(even know I can edit posts, which is very awesome.), I'm gonna try to get what I want in on it, and post Sign Up's when I have it ready, I'll try to work on it tomorrow sometime, sleepy at the moment but I will get around to it, and lets just cross our fingers that the mods won't get mad at me for this.

I figured out that we have to move now, so gotta postpone for awhile until we get done moving.

Edited by Mathew1986
Adding more to the message.