Teacher with a grudge?

iBlessing 09

Last year I accidently humilated my teacher and since then he has a huge grudge on me. He's my IT GCSE teacher and since then he's marked my grades extremely low and is threatening to move me into a lower class where I'll only get 1 GCSE, rather than 3.

At the moment we're doing a project where we have to create a video clip to advertise something so I'm doing one advertising MW2 which is practically a short montage, sad I know. All we have to do is a 45 second video and they expect us to do it in Windows Movie Maker. Not being big headed but everybody in my class is bad at IT except for a few students, also I'm the only one doing mine on Sony Vegas. My friends have told me mine is the best in the class, even though mines not very good because it's only taken me a hour so far. Yet he gives a A to somebody else that has added a 'drag and drop' effect on Windows Movie Maker and has added the default transitions. The he says I'm on a D and will put me into the lower set if it carrys on like this.

Does anybody have any tips so that he likes me again, beacause I used to be one of his best students. Also, how can I make my parents believe he has a grudge on me, apparently he's "to profesional" to hold a grudge on a accident.

Note: Here's what I've done of it so far.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mGWJbVucq8]YouTube - IT - Design a video clip[/ame]

Note: Sorry about the bad grammar, I'm in his class at the moment and am typing this quickly.

Edited by iBlessing 09

I think your getting what's coming to you TBH. If you're not nice to people they won't be nice to you.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=210666

Also who has class at 7:30 at night time?

Has anyone else in your class done a game? You may have to show him an unedited MW2 video so he can see the difference. Also no way was that 45 seconds long it was 30 seconds long at best.

Edited by jamie1000013

You must have done something pretty special to piss the teacher off that much, I was a little shit in school and never had any long term grudges.

If you truly believe you are being unfairly treated raise the issue again with your parents.

If they still don't believe you i think you may want to look to yourself as to why the authority figures in your life aren't responding.

I had one years ago back when I did Science in school. Thankfully after his dreadful, cringeworthy and embarrassing report (the only one of 14) at a parents evening they believed me and told me not to worry.

He quit two years after then IIRC - And I passed Science. :cool:

Could you not ask your parents to have a meeting with him?

He runs night lessons on Tuesdays and I went to it to try and get in his good books, I don't think it worked.

Also no way was that 45 seconds long it was 30 seconds long at best.

It's unfinished, we've got another 6 hours on it.

Yeah, I'm sometimes say things in the wrong way. Just a little :D

Edited by iBlessing 09

I find it hard to imagine how you could've accidentally humiliated your teacher. It's not easy to do that so there must be something that you're not telling us. For example, I have a teacher that I hate and I've said to his face; "You suck as a teacher and I find your methods to be unprofessional. I don't learn anything in this class. Your lack of enthusiasm makes me not want to try to participate in this class more than is needed to pass." and he doesn't hold anything against me. Again, what exactly did you do to him?

Well, Law students also have class at that time. Since our teachers are actual lawyers not all of them can give classes in the morning so some of them choose to come to school at night. :woop:

Edited by removed-user

I find it hard to imagine how you could've accidentally humiliated your teacher. It's not easy to do that so there must be something that you're not telling us. For example, I have a teacher that I hate and I've said to his face; "You suck as a teacher and I find your methods to be unprofessional. I don't learn anything in this class. Your lack of enthusiasm makes me not want to try to participate in this class more than is needed to pass." and he doesn't hold anything against me. Again, what exactly did you do to him?

Well, Law students also have class at that time. Since our teachers are actual lawyers not all of them can give classes in the morning so some of them choose to come to school at night. :woop:

Wow, I don't know why but I just heard Duke Nukem say "You've got balls of steel" after reading that :-).If I ever said that to a teacher I would get kicked out of class lol.

Edited by jamie1000013

I cant really say anything until you've told us what you've done ;)

If its something major then your in the shit big time :p

According to one of the TA's (teaching assistant) at my old school, they all used to talk about me in the staff room, saying how crap I was.

My maths teacher hated me the worse, I walked into her lesson one time and she was laughing with another kid, then she saw me.... her face dropped and looked like she wanted to stab me XD

I always used to annoy her and eventually I just said "cheer the fuck up, you moody bitch"

Cue me getting suspended for 3 days, and her having a grudge on me for the next 3 years >_>

Don't do a video on video games. Most teachers don't respect that medium of entertainment.

Also, put some quality time into it and come up with something cool. I get you like video games but if your other videos have been based on video games then it's time to do something new.

In terms of grudges, you'll just have to tell them what you did. No one here knows what you did so it's hard to judge. Either way, my brother has had a lot of grudges in highschool because he constantly corrects his teachers for saying wrong information. If you're one of those people then you can't fix the grudge.

I just watched your vid at lunch, and tbh atm it's a quick scope montage - the reason your probably getting a D.

Because it's not really advertising =/

I suggest you record some clips (3rd person etc.) and maybe some shots from the campaign, like maybe at the end of that mission where you wave the flares (Whisky Hotel?)

Edited by jtr1gg3r

i really want to know what you did to your teacher to make him hate you that much lol.

Me too. All I can think of right now is like an elaborate Benny Hill farce where the poor guy accidentally attaches a tow cable to his pants thinking its his key ring & then we get a comical wide pan of the cable hooked up to a lawnmower outside manned by iBlessing & his cronies. Hilarity ensues.

well from my own experience, teachers can be twats

my english teacher for the final 3 years was a scouse dick who didn't like me or the way i looked (likewise i hated him, did no work, and payed no attention to rules)

our hatred actually stemmed from what could have been a sensible question he put to me, but he worded it terribly, like "why don't you get a haircut?" and sounded exactly like the twats i was having trouble with at school, i took it badly, and might have said something out of place. a year later i'm growing a bit of a chin warmer, he commented on that, i did say something wrong - we never spoke to each other after that, and there was nearly 2 full years til my GCSE's.

(actually we did speak, my friend moved my chair as i sat down, i hit my back on it, stood up and pummelled him for a bit, at that point he walked in, said nothing but looked annoyed at me, i said "grahams being a bastard, sir!", well, i got sent straight to see the head....)

also my biology teacher had a grudge set from when my sister was there, no matter what went wrong in that room, or who was involved, it was me who got the blame, and got removed from the class (like when a friend, at the other side of the room, knocked over their beaker, i laughed, got sent out, forced to copy out of a text book for the next 3 lessons, and banned from experiments for the duration of biology)

jokes on you mr clarke (or whatever his name was, i still got CC and i didn't even try :p )

so in my opinion, if you've done anything wrong or not, you're fucked.

but thankfully, the marking of your work for exams and things will be done by somebody who doesn't know you. also, all of your course work should be adjudicated by an exterior body.

Yeah Blessing, you are usually kind of rude to people here on the forums. Anyways, if you want to get on his good side, you may want to re-imagine your project. Using a montage for an advertisement is more of an excuse to show off. I watched the whole thing, and all I got out of it was a few clips at fast speed...showing me absolutely nothing about the product besides when it releases. I know you aren't done, but so far it's really going no where. The only voice in it (doesn't really matter to have one I guess) was cussing. I'm pretty sure that video is not going to get you on your teacher's good side, but most likely just prove to him he was right in grading you poorly. If I were you I would take a more professional approach to this, either with a different product or a different idea on what you chose.

Your clip: If you do decide it's what you want, see if you can darken the image of the video a little, it's really bright (maybe to some of the editing you did?). Also the music sounds wrong changing so fast, as well as suddenly adding lyrics and being a very different sound.

If you're still stuck on doing a Modern Warfare 2 video, see a great example below. It contains comedy which works well in advertisements. It also features a "need to get this right of way" type message and throws in the "wal mart" part to tell you where.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1LLd1dfbHs]YouTube - Modern Warfare 2 commercial[/ame]

Edited by Tyger7

I don't know if your school system works like this, but can't you just go talk to the principle about it? I know that if I had a problem with a teacher I could go do that. Last year a class actually got another teacher because they couldn't get along with him/he didn't teach very well.

Tyger gave some really good advice, you should follow that if what I wrote doesn't work out.

(You should also note that I'm in Denmark, very different school system.)

I'm not offering you any advice, 'cos generally you won't listen or it won't help. However, what DID you do to piss him off?

Not to turn this into a pissing contest/bragging thread, but either your teacher is an over sensitive pussy, or you really went to town. For example, I called my tutor (after a week of being on my new course) a god complex suffering, over compensating cunt, to which his reply was to sign my EMA form and for my head of department to publicly side with me. What can I say, I'm liked.

Still, what did you do?

Sadly, I've done the same. I remember telling teachers to "shut up", "piss off", "you're a terrible teacher", and stuff like that. But they never did anything back because they understood that I had intense anger management problems.

The best thing to do is to go up to him after class or whenever you can talk to him one-on-one and just try to solve it with him. Tell him you're sorry and that it was an accident.

However, I don't agree with teachers giving you low grades just because they don't like you or something and if this continues to happen, I suggest you go and speak to the principle or school council (or whatever) and tell them what the teacher is doing. A teacher should never bring grades into something like this, they should keep grades out of it. They need to be honest when grading.

Well, I hope you solve this problem with your teacher. Good bye.

Ok this is what happened. Basically, he was my favorite teacher and he could take a joke, one day I over heard him saying he was gay to another teacher and he saw me so said he was joking. He didn't seem like he was lying so I believed he was joking. For a few weeks after that, I only have him for 2 hours a week, I would make stupid little hints about him being gay. Then one day I said it and right in the middle of the lesson whilst everybody was listening to him he started shouting at me saying something along the lines of

"YOU KNOW THAT IM GAY! WHY DO YOU HAVE TO KEEP BRINGING IT UP, DO YOU WANT EVERYBODY TO KNOW SO THE WHOLE SCHOOL HUMILATES ME! WHY DID YOU THINK I LEFT (OTHER SCHOOL)!".

Then everybody started laughing and I got kicked out of the class.

Sounds like a bad teacher to me. Teachers should be professional and grade work on the content, not any outside factors that could cloud their judgement. If you feel he really is picking on you, make yourself heard and talk to his superiors, or get your parents to do so.

Just out of interest, what did you do to humiliate him?

Ok this is what happened. Basically, he was my favorite teacher and he could take a joke, one day I over heard him saying he was gay to another teacher and he saw me so said he was joking. He didn't seem like he was lying so I believed he was joking. For a few weeks after that, I only have him for 2 hours a week, I would make stupid little hints about him being gay. Then one day I said it and right in the middle of the lesson whilst everybody was listening to him he started shouting at me saying something along the lines of

"YOU KNOW THAT IM GAY! WHY DO YOU HAVE TO KEEP BRINGING IT UP, DO YOU WANT EVERYBODY TO KNOW SO THE WHOLE SCHOOL HUMILATES ME! WHY DID YOU THINK I LEFT (OTHER SCHOOL)!".

Then everybody started laughing and I got kicked out of the class.

Wait, so did you know he was homosexual? If you did then you're a cold-hearted asshole, no offense.

But if you didn't then why did he say "You know that I'm gay"? Doesn't make any sense to me.

My math teacher hated my guts luckily all my other teachers liked me a lot and was allowed to bend minor rules like being in the building during breaks. The vice head teacher would pull me out of classes to do odd jobs as well because i could be trusted to do it.

one time during winter i went inside the main corridor. one to get warm on the radiator and two to escape the bullys with snowballs etc etc.

anyway she came out her room and went off one at me. my english teacher came along the corridor at the same moment "whats wrong he said" "blah blah blah in the corridor" she said. he stuck up for me and she moaned at him. he gave her the oh fuck off look and she just slammed the door lol.

had tons of problems my first 3 years with that bitch