(Vote) Which Pre-order Bonus will you get?

Nusentinsaino

Which retailer will you pre-order from?  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Which retailer will you pre-order from?

• GameStop / Game - for "The Naked City" Case and "Badge Pursuit" Challenge
    • Amazon - for "The Broderick" Detective Suit
    • Walmart / Play - for the "A Slip of the Tongue" Case
    • Best Buy / Zaavi - for "The Sharpshooter" Detective Suit
    • Rockstar Warehouse - for the official L.A. Noire game t-shirt
    • Target - for the $5 gift card and free Rockstar Games t-shirt

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Voted Amazon, but I'll get the money credit not those detective outfit.

It gave you an option to get money credit? Do you know if I can change from the suit to the money?

Amazon.

Just a heads up you get a $15 credit and a suit, which if you decide to sell on eBay, you will have no trouble getting $15 for. So basically $30 in preorder bonuses.

Also please note every game on Amazon has an option for release date shipping. You might think this would cost $5-$10 but in fact only cost 99 cents. So if you want the game delivered to your door on the day of the release, it's not a bad deal. Last game I ordered got here at noon. Not a bad deal at all imo. Especially if you have to drive far to Gamestop, gas is not cheap. Anyways, Amazon all the way :D

Edit: Btw where the hell is the Rockstar Warehouse the poll makes mention of? I've never heard of it and sounds iffy. It's not like Rockstar makes a shit-ton of games, but those they do are pretty awesome. That said, I doubt they would make a store front just for their games and merchandise.

Just a heads up you get a $15 credit and a suit, which if you decide to sell on eBay, you will have no trouble getting $15 for. So basically $30 in preorder bonuses.

Also please note every game on Amazon has an option for release date shipping. You might think this would cost $5-$10 but in fact only cost 99 cents. So if you want the game delivered to your door on the day of the release, it's not a bad deal. Last game I ordered got here at noon. Not a bad deal at all imo. Especially if you have to drive far to Gamestop, gas is not cheap. Anyways, Amazon all the way :D

Did you also checked my answer to Lone Soldier's question? I have no idea which offer you'll get on amazon.com, I've preordered mine from amazon.DE and there you'll just get the suit, the money credit was just available for 2-3 months.

That release date shipping is new for me cause I'm always getting my preordered amazon.de games directly at the release date delivered without any extra fees but I guess every amazon shop has something differently.

Back at the official L.A. Noire forums they made a poll for which pre-order bonus you would get, and I was surprised at the results.

(See results here.)

How about you guys?

I have gone for Play.com - Slip of the Tongue , as I get £5 off due to a voucher from McDonalds recent Monoply promo.

I must admit I would of gone for GAME if it were not for the £5 off , but no biggie as I intend to buy all DLC for this game......and hopefully it is available from day one or there abouts.

Just a sneaky question.. couldn't you buy it from gamestop, scan your Power Up card and get the DLC from them, buy it from Wal-mart and get the DLC from them, then take one of the copies back to wal-mart?

(Receipt + Unopened game = Full refund) :confused: That way you get both on day one for free. Just wondering

Edited by ImAKing1987

I went with Gamestop because as nice as a new outfit for my character is, I'd much rather have free dlc. Plus, the outfit will be released as dlc most likely (see RDR) and will most likely cost a shit-ton less than the dlc (I'm guessing 160 vs 800)

Also, I didn't know about the machine gun bonus for being a power rewards member :D

Finally, this should put me to enough reward points where I can get a new game for points, so all in all, Gamestop FTW

frickn A. Now the cases have achievements....wtf. Well im still going with amazon. I get 15$ credit + no taxes which equals almost 6$ here so technically ill be saving 20$ with amazon and get a suit.

Then when the 2 DLC's are released even if they are 800 MSP(10$ ) Im still coming out with a suit and no money spent on DLC's :D

Ill be pissed if the DLC's arent released for 2-3 months though

but im going to go with 400-560 for the pre order cases. So i may come out on top ^^

Did you also checked my answer to Lone Soldier's question? I have no idea which offer you'll get on amazon.com, I've preordered mine from amazon.DE and there you'll just get the suit, the money credit was just available for 2-3 months.

That release date shipping is new for me cause I'm always getting my preordered amazon.de games directly at the release date delivered without any extra fees but I guess every amazon shop has something differently.

In fairness your currency is stronger than ours. I had checked recently but can't remember the exact figures but I believe a Euro is 1.5x that of the Dollar, and Pounds or quid close to 2x that of our dollar. So In fairness you basically had our offer, but for a limited time it seems, just for the sake of argument, round the number to a favorable 2x, meaning it would equate to $10 + the detective suit bonus. You basically had the same offer =P

So In fairness you basically had our offer, but for a limited time it seems, just for the sake of argument, round the number to a favorable 2x, meaning it would equate to $10 + the detective suit bonus. You basically had the same offer =P

The exchange rate at the moment is 1 EUR = 1,411 USD. And no I JUST get the money credit of lousy 5 EUR and no detective outfit. ;) They've added that outfit after the money offer expired, so either money or outfit after the money offer but not both together like your preorder bonus. I also saw on amazon.fr they'll get the official strategy guide as a preorder bonus, that's sweet I guess.

The exchange rate at the moment is 1 EUR = 1,411 USD. And no I JUST get the money credit of lousy 5 EUR and no detective outfit. ;) They've added that outfit after the money offer expired, so either money or outfit after the money offer but not both together like your preorder bonus. I also saw on amazon.fr they'll get the official strategy guide as a preorder bonus, that's sweet I guess.

Ouch! Deutschland getting no love. :(

Well that sucks...

I'll get the GameStop pre-order bonus edition of L.A. Noire because I live near 5 different stores and I rather pick it up right away instead of waiting a couple of days for it to arrive by post.

Depends on where you are talking about getting it from. Amazon offers release date shipping for 99 cents. Which means you get it on the day of release. I have found that to mean at noon where live. So I assume you mean walmart or something?

sadly i cant get this game, otherwise i would preorder on amazon :D get some money towards Duke Nukem!

This guy know where it's at, Amazon is the way to go, because there is no sales tax, and you get $15 towards another game.(or anything sold by amazon) DLC is nothing special to me, because it will all be available :). Also, i bought "Portal 2" from amazon for $54.99 and i got $20 in Amazon credit. Amazon has way better pre-order intensives compared to Gamestop.

My $15 credit is going towards "Alice:Madness Returns"

Just a sneaky question.. couldn't you buy it from gamestop, scan your Power Up card and get the DLC from them, buy it from Wal-mart and get the DLC from them, then take one of the copies back to wal-mart?

(Receipt + Unopened game = Full refund) :confused: That way you get both on day one for free. Just wondering

My copy from Gamestop has the code packed inside the game. So, you would have to open it to get to the code.