Does it feel like Bioshock?

Jordbrett

I have just been playing Bioshock 2 (finishing Minerva's Den after 2 years of starting it, shameful i know) to get reacquainted before my copy arrived tomorrow, i am pretty sure from watching gameplay it will be as or more awesome than the first two games experiences.

This is a good read to answer your question:

"I just started playing the game, and I’m struck, on the one hand, by how wildly different the world looks, but also by how very BioShock it still feels."

I certainly hope that the intro is as epic and intriguing as the introduction to the first bioshock: the plane crash, wading water and watching the plane sink, finding the lighthouse, decending into Rapture....

Without spoiling anything: the way you're introduced to the world is very similar. Very.

And it definitely does feel like a Bioshock game. Except they traded in the dark and water areas for a bright beautiful colorful environment which is nice for a change especially in the grey color palette of FPS.

That's not to say there isn't any creepy & dark areas because there is but it's not overwhelming.

I think Infinite definitely has the bioshock feel, but it's an evolved bioshock. A lot of the more clunky interfaces have been smoothed out, but everything that made bioshock unique is still there.

As one commenter said, the biggest difference between Rapture and Columbia is atmosphere. As soon as you stepped foot into Rapture you knew you had come to a dangerous place that was decaying. However with Columbia there is this utopian presentation that doesn't quite conceal the corruption under the surface.

It's a brilliant contrast and I am just in love so far.

I finished the game this arvo and by the end of the game had walked through parts of Rapture.

Nice spoiler dude.

Yeah thanks jerk.

Well I hate my life now...

Anyway, only a little bit in (couple of hours) but it does have a Bioshock feel to it. Whilst I certainly miss the Little Sisters and Big Daddy's the new enemies are fantastic and the story is just wow, I'm really liking it!

Without spoiling anything: the way you're introduced to the world is very similar. Very.

And it definitely does feel like a Bioshock game. Except they traded in the dark and water areas for a bright beautiful colorful environment which is nice for a change especially in the grey color palette of FPS.

That's not to say there isn't any creepy & dark areas because there is but it's not overwhelming.

Sweet, glad to hear that. Cant wait till 4pm when I can dash out of my office and pick up my copy.