Glitch with neloths quest "azras staffs"

Munalos

Basically as what the title states. I'm really confused on how they could overlook something as simple, and plain as this in beta testing. If you've already gone to volkun or w/e and took his mask he is already dead, done deal right? The doors open you leave. Later on you start new dlc, which is amazing, besides the fact of these stupid little bugs that hinder main quests... Basically he tells you to go back to the place and retrieve an item for him. I got there cleared out some enemies entered the main chamber. - The coffin pops open then nothing. He's already laying on the floor DEAD. The doors are SEALED. And no way to get to the item, basically stopping me from doing anymore of his quests. I dont see a way around this... Just seeing if anyone else ran into this.

The radiant quests are kind of broken. I have one for the librarian at the College of Magic where I am supposed to bring him "Wild Elves". I have 2 in my inventory that I cannot now get rid of (marked as quest items) and he won't take the ones I have. Basically, he is now locked. I haven't gotten to the point where Neloth gives out these sort of things, but it sounds like these are also broken.

The radiant quests are kind of broken. I have one for the librarian at the College of Magic where I am supposed to bring him "Wild Elves". I have 2 in my inventory that I cannot now get rid of (marked as quest items) and he won't take the ones I have. Basically, he is now locked. I haven't gotten to the point where Neloth gives out these sort of things, but it sounds like these are also broken.

See and this bothers me. From my exprience in morrowind which I would still play to this day if they released dlc for original xbox. Is that ancient telvanni wizards give you good and quirky quests, which in return give you good items. I love the dlc and what it is about, I'm just kind of upset they didn't take the time to fix little obvious things. Epic sad face. ;[

See and this bothers me. From my exprience in morrowind which I would still play to this day if they released dlc for original xbox. Is that ancient telvanni wizards give you good and quirky quests, which in return give you good items. I love the dlc and what it is about, I'm just kind of upset they didn't take the time to fix little obvious things. Epic sad face. ;[

Yes, and if it bothers you that much, stay on Morrowind.

Looking at my completed quest, the staff quest was actually given to me. Yet it was located in volunruud.

Ah, I see. I just got a bad pick on locations. That would be my luck in this game. I'll just wait for a patch and hope for the best.

Yes, and if it bothers you that much, stay on Morrowind.

I've played the game for 300+ hours, even more so on oblivion and morowind. Pretty sure if it did bother me that much, I woludnt play it obviously. Trying to help people know things + I was stating my personal opinion. There's no reason for you to come in here and be an ass. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem and found a fairly easy fix, but you need to have a Kinect. You need to have a follower with you, any follower except Serana because for some reason the ally commands do not work for her. When you first enter High Gate Ruins go forward until you are by Anska. You can climb the rock pile thing next to her and use Whirlwind Sprint to get to the door that you would have left from after defeating Volkun. Stand facing the door and give your ally a couple minutes to get to the other side of the door, but do NOT use wait as this will cause your ally to be next to you on the same side of the door, just stay by the door for a couple minutes. When your ally is on the other side you can use the kinect voice command to have the ally pull the chain and open the door getting into the chamber with the staff. Hope this helps

I had the same problem and found a fairly easy fix, but you need to have a Kinect. You need to have a follower with you, any follower except Serana because for some reason the ally commands do not work for her. When you first enter High Gate Ruins go forward until you are by Anska. You can climb the rock pile thing next to her and use Whirlwind Sprint to get to the door that you would have left from after defeating Volkun. Stand facing the door and give your ally a couple minutes to get to the other side of the door, but do NOT use wait as this will cause your ally to be next to you on the same side of the door, just stay by the door for a couple minutes. When your ally is on the other side you can use the kinect voice command to have the ally pull the chain and open the door getting into the chamber with the staff. Hope this helps

You are a friggin' genius! :drunk

• 2 weeks later...

I had a misc objectives in Skyrim asking me to kill bandits... and they where actually the shadow whatever you had to kill for the thieves... i got to the cave and the arrow point an empty chair.... it didn't repopulate for me to do the quest, yet its a while since i got back to that location... but really its kinda a minor bug that didn't bother me too much.

Personally i had only so far(im lucky i guess) minor bugs... A kind of funny one is one of my houses of heartfire, i put a steel armor on it... for some reason can't change it, even if i remove the armor, when i come back its back on it... giving me a duplicate... i manage to at one point have the helmet and braces cleared out... but the cuirass and boots would remain, so i gave up and let it there... its not a bad looking armor anyway.

As for Neloth, best thing he gives is one black book, and his staff enchanter, located in the locked room he eventually unlock..usefull stuff.

• 1 year later...

FYI I had the same problem about going back to get the staff after killing the dragon priest and not being able to get the gates open. I didn't have the Kinect up yet so decided just to give it a go without it. After reading the post about going back to Anska, I did that and shouted myself up to the ledge (no easy task, had to find just the right place in the rubble across from the ledge) my follower did exactly what was posted and in about a minute he was on the other side of the down gate. Once you choose "I need you to do something for me" the pulsating curser will reach the chain. My problem was my follower got stuck on the gate and kept telling me "nope can't do that". So I used unrelenting force on him after I gave him the command again to pull the chain and it jostled him off whatever he was stuck on after a couple tries. Went right in and grabbed the staff. I'm not a magic user so staff's aren't that important to me. I just gave it to Neloth. Hope that helps all the non-kinect users out there :woop:

I was sent to Morvunskar to retrieve the staff. I went into the tower, and found the daedric lord Sanguine fighting the mages there. He wasn't hostile towards me, but he killed all the mages. Afterwards he just stood there. Not really sure what happened there.