Game HAS Been Moved to June 7th In North America.

This seems strange, i've seen games been pushed back in a certain region for a week or 2 but nothing like this. I can't think of a reason why they would do this, if the game is good to go for Europe/Australia, then why would it take so long to release in America? It's a shame cos US retailers are probably the ones to lose on this as those badly wanting the game will import if they can.

Wonder if it got something to do with the involvement of US Soldiers (in the game) stepping up to another real life enemy (in the game). Maybe they need additional warnings / disclaimers and such made to make 100% sure that it is no way based on a real life situation and so on?

Yeah, i think about that too. Maybe they change some names/organisations (like in MOH) or some sound/music/speech.

Yeah, it is very strange. I'd be willing to bet it has something to do with censoring certain US elements of the game, but surely that wouldn't require two months to remove? I was hoping that they're taking time to really polish up the product, but seeing as it's relasing in Europe on time I can't see them just polishing up the NA version.

Though I am glad we finaly get something before the US, this is a real failure on their part. This almost ruins the game for me also, because I was expecting to co-op it with a friend in the US, and now, by the time he gets it I will have done everything and experienced every little thing in the game, so it is almost not even worth him getting it, or even worth me playing it till then.

Such a shame as this was my number one game to buy this year. Even more than BF3.

Though I would never want to delay a game I want, but if we all cant have it at the same time they should have just delayed it for everyone.

It was like that MGS3/SOCOM3 thing all over again where the UK didnt get the games till a fucking YEAR after they were out. By that time, next gen consoles had come out and nobody sold the shit anyway.

By doing what they have done, no matter how awesome the game is, they have seriously fucked it. They will get some seriously bad reviews for this.

:mad: Just spoke to someone close to distribution... All of a sudden he was no longer in a position to comment on the EU-release. On several Dutch websites (to order games), the April 21th is gone as well without being replaced by any date at all.

And to make matters (just a tad) worse; this Friday is Good Friday and in some countries/areas the postman might not even be working (if the game even gets sent out the 21st).

See what happens; would be nice to spend entire Easter-weekend getting to know this game...

I don't see there being any reason to delay it in the US.. If anything its a stupid choice since its a game based off of the USMC..

I think the games opening cinema has something to do with it, Its pretty lenghty and talks about the cold war and how the CIA trained Osama. Also the twin towers get a mention, it's all done in a comical allmost cartoony way and made me laugh but i guess they were stepping on some toes back in the US.

Disclaimer:

(no, i dont think what happened to the twin towers is funy im just talking about the opening cinematic of the game as a whole)

Edited by TheLegendOf1977

After picking the game up yesterday I can report that it portrays Americans as racist, uneducated and retarded. The game is a step up from Dragon Rising and the intro vid is by far the funniest I have seen in a long time. Shame the lobbies are as good as empty roll on June 7 till I can get some of my Yankee buddies to join coop

After picking the game up yesterday I can report that it portrays Americans as racist, uneducated and retarded. The game is a step up from Dragon Rising and the intro vid is by far the funniest I have seen in a long time. Shame the lobbies are as good as empty roll on June 7 till I can get some of my Yankee buddies to join coop

Well said... :)

Ow, if you wanna play in a lobby, hook up with peeps from here in the meantime; more than enough people looking for players (over invite) and I usually see around 10 to 15 lobbies on XBL for each mission-type.

Is the copy you guys got (I'm going to assume you are in the UK) region free?.

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/general-discussion-1335/461415-rr-import-thread.html :)

Unsure if you run into problems PAL vs. NTSC; my TV accepts all formats/inputs so I never worry about import as long as it's region free (BD / XBOX)

Edited by OctagonQontrol