If you liked rise of the Argonauts.......

ICEMAN22D

I was quite a fan of Argonauts. Reminded me of Mass Effect when I played it (ie haivng a very good story but with combat that let down the overall package). But I think I liked it mostly due to the subject matter (as Im quite into mythology).

I would appreicate an update on how the game is now you have played it some more.

This is nothing like Rise of the Argonauts. Even with them both being based in Greek mythology, the similarities are few, very few.

In terms of gameplay, they play nothing alike past being hack n slash games, but be assured RotA is a far more accomplished Hack n Slash, this game is pure button mashing with a god awful 'advancement' system, boring combat and ugly visuals.

RotA wasn't perfect, but it had a nice quirky look to it that set me in mind of WoW to some degree. This is nothing like that.

Truly, I struggle to find anything to recommend this game, even to fans of greek mythology.

Ok let me rephrase the game reminds me of RotA, it has button mashing, the visuals ain't great but definately playable. I haven't played it much as of late cause I got red dead redemption. It has got lots of flaws but equally the storyline is good if your buying the game for the story line.

If you just want a game to buy for GS then I wouldn't recommend this, I bought it on a whim and now i'm regretting it.

• 5 months later...