Last fight on hard "Spoilers"

Chpainkiller

Hi

So I am at the last fight on hard and I am getting my ass kicked phase one I can do 8 out of 10 times phase 2 is fucking impossible with the heavys coming in and cant stand still for more than 3 seconds .

Whoever thought 1 Hit kill moves at the endboss was cool: you should go to hell

Any tips for this fight what is your choice of weapons?

Hi

So I am at the last fight on hard and I am getting my ass kicked phase one I can do 8 out of 10 times phase 2 is fucking impossible with the heavys coming in and cant stand still for more than 3 seconds .

Whoever thought 1 Hit kill moves at the endboss was cool: you should go to hell

Any tips for this fight what is your choice of weapons?

I had done on Normal and can say hard is same. Just using full shotgun to kill off enemies but making sure you keep moving all time because Paul's powers on you if you moving slow or stand still so you died from it. Full shotgun is your best friend this is what I used and using Time Bomb on group of enemies and Rush / Dodge when Paul powers on you. In 2nd round after all enemies dead then Paul will blast power nuclear 3 times so you basically quickly run away from first then 2nd will be where u are so run away again then 3rd is where on you so run away then it done kill Paul. :) :)

First round is cheap and easy but 2nd round can be tough for reasons. So Full Shotgun, Time Bomb, Rush and Dodge is your best friends. :) :)

Also there restocks in middle of area if you manage get to it without them try shooting u or Paul powers on you. :) :) all good.

thx to be honest I completed Dark Souls 1 last week but this fight is more frustrating than anything in dark souls for me ^^

Hehehe I bet so. You welcome. Yeah good luck to try finish off on Hard. I doing on Hard once someone answer in achievements guide about if able replay missions in Timeline on Hard or have be start on New Game via Main Menu. I need know before starting on Hard :) :)

I really, really hated this fight, worst part of the game. It doesn't make it clear that Paul is casting Time Blast on you and that it can instantly kill. Add the that the guy in the second wave that can nullify your powers..

The things that worked for me:

Firstly and most importantly - KEEP MOVING. If you notice the colour of the floor going red, get out of there without delay. You can also just keep jogging around the outside of the pool and the troops will not be able to hit you with their bullets until you get pretty close.

Secondly, don't forget you can use Time Dodge offensively as well as defensively. All of the guys you fight at the end except the one with the time power-cancelling bubble are classed as light enemies so you can dodge towards them and they will be sent flying backwards. Have a shotgun equipped and you can end them while they are hanging in the air. You can also use the insta-kill sprint power on all of them.

Third, i'm not 100% on this but I think Paul's Time Blast can kill his own guys. It's probably too much trouble to do this much deliberately but it's worth bearing in mind.

This all just leaves *that guy* with the anti-time power bubble who turns up during the second wave. Seriously, screw that guy. I ended up waiting for Paul's Time Blast to end, then trying to take pot shots at him with the assault rifle before the next one. You can try using Dodge or Sprint near him (but obviously not too close) and take advantage of the slow time to take some shots at him, plus Time Shield to get some extra, but don't get carried away or you'll end up inside the bubble and/or Paul will destroy you. Patience is key on that guy. Time Blast doesn't appear to work even when the bubble is down.

If someone still struggle with the boss, here is my easy strategy with time rush and melee :D For me it is the easiest an fastest way to beat this encounter.

At the end of the fight I only shoot the boss twice with my pistol, and use 3-4 bullets in the back of the larger enemy in round 2, that all, all other with melee and I need only 3.5 minutes for the entire fight.

[ame]

[/ame] Edited by 360GameTV

If someone still struggle with the boss, here is my easy strategy with time rush and melee :D For me it is the easiest an fastest way to beat this encounter.

At the end of the fight I only shoot the boss twice with my pistol, and use 3-4 bullets in the back of the larger enemy in round 2, that all, all other with melee and I need only 3.5 minutes for the entire fight.

Thank you for this

I saw you post that over on TA , didn't work for me at all. Most of the time I wasn't getting the B prompt after the dash move , the positioning you use at the start of wave two is great though for taking out the 3 guys with a blast.

one word sums up this boos .... cheap :mad:

Keep at it guys it took me 20+ tries and I got taken out by a blast during the take down animation on the 1st enemy a few times in those attempts :mad: :mad: :mad: :D

I saw you post that over on TA , didn't work for me at all. Most of the time I wasn't getting the B prompt after the dash move , the positioning you use at the start of wave two is great though for taking out the 3 guys with a blast.

one word sums up this boos .... cheap :mad:

Keep at it guys it took me 20+ tries and I got taken out by a blast during the take down animation on the 1st enemy a few times in those attempts :mad: :mad: :mad: :D

Had the same prob with regards to amount of tries and the B prompt just wouldn't come up 70% of the time. Still took me a few more after watching the vid as I still somehow would get 1 shot even if I was moving/dashing. I then spotted the FULL-AUTO Shotgun that is in the back of the pool and happy days, got it first try after that ;)

hm sounds strange, I have never problems with the B-Button:confused: :(

Yeah watched your video and it looked flawless as strategy but the B button was just so inconsistent for me , the rest of the game it would work as it should but during that fight it was 50/50 as to whether I would get a B prompt when i dashed at them. I picked up the shotgun after the 10th or so retry and just dashed passed then and aimed for their back packs.

Still I had to contend with it being very tough to see if I was in his time blast or not. I think that was what made this so hard, not being able to tell if his blasts were in range as you dashed, the floor would be red at times as you moved and it was impossible to tell if you were going to die or not.

This is gotta be one of the most frustrating boss fights I've done recently. With all the bright flashes all over the screen, I can't tell when I need to take cover, half the time I can't even tell what's killed me. Died several times after defeating the first wave of bad guys, before I worked out it was some sort of wave coming from Serene.

It's really making me hate the game, it's such a cheap way to end the game.

This is gotta be one of the most frustrating boss fights I've done recently. With all the bright flashes all over the screen, I can't tell when I need to take cover, half the time I can't even tell what's killed me. Died several times after defeating the first wave of bad guys, before I worked out it was some sort of wave coming from Serene.

It's really making me hate the game, it's such a cheap way to end the game.

Man I spent more time trying to beat the boss fight then actually playing the game. I finally beat it but damn it was hard especially with the red bubble monarch troop that kept killing me or dying stupidity or something else. I don't know if it was me but Time a Rush most times would just aim my gun after a second or 2

It's a pity I didn't know about this stupidly hard (compared to the rest of the game) battle before I bought the game. While a challenge is all well and good this was so out of place and ruins the game for me. Also whoever decided that you go right back pre cut scene when you die wants a good kicking.

Man I spent more time trying to beat the boss fight then actually playing the game. I finally beat it but damn it was hard especially with the red bubble monarch troop that kept killing me or dying stupidity or something else. I don't know if it was me but Time a Rush most times would just aim my gun after a second or 2

I couldn't tell what was killing me half the time. Finally beat it this morning after another several attempts, gotta be one of the worst boss fights ever. You don't even fight Paul himself, just his minions. I thought he was gonna turn into one of those shifters the game spends an hour setting up. Bit of a shoddy way to end the game if you ask me, shame. They're obviously keeping stuff aside for the sequel or DLC.

It took me about 6 or 7 tries to beat this on Hard and luckily I never got my powers taken away in the 2nd phase. Once I learned the proper way to avoid Paul's time blasts, it became much easier. As somebody else said, having the checkpoint BEFORE the cutscene really made this more tedious.

What a fucking stupid fight. Fun game until the end.

I keep getting caught by the smaller blasts because I have no fucking clue where they are going to detonate or when. There is just orange all over the ground.

Exactly. I didn't get killed by an enemy one time. Took me like 8-10 tries. Like everyone said, the long load times and checkpoint before the cutscene is what made this annoying. Otherwise I don't think it would have been bad.

What worked for me (finally) on Hard was standing next to the door that the heavy comes out of before you shoot Paul at the end of Wave 1. The minute it opens and the bubble thing on the heavy closes, cast Time Bubble and unload with the Auto Shotgun. That either kills the heavy or gets close, and if you're lucky it kills the 2 grunts. That leaves enough time for a Time Blast to the door to the right that the others come out of.

If you pull those both off, you just have the 2 shifter-type guys to deal with at the back of the room and then Paul. I probably tried 20 times carefully circling the room, always to drop dead because I got stuck on a box running away or some other dumb shit. This approach took 3 tries and I was done.