I don't seem to play well with others...

Boba Phil

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh. I often only play online with people I know. I think a lot of people are turned off by how rude and annoying some players can be on Live (myself included), so you're def. not alone.

There's also nothing wrong with this. Don't think you're abnormal for wanting to play by yourself. Sometimes games create the perfect escape from other people... why spoil that moment with some asshole screaming "FAGGOT" in your ear?

This is my first year of gold and have only done a few games online, just to try them out.

Like what has previously been said, i'm no good against other human opponents and having it screamed in my ears only puts me off due to not being bothered about any game enough to carry on.

Ive got gold and I hate online multi with strangers and I don't have very many friends who do either. My goal is to get to 100k GS without EVER having a full 5 star rep.

And I don't know how to break it to you spyder, but have you seen your gamercard?

Playing by yourself just doesn't sound right, lol.

And, the one or two times I did play COD with a couple of mates, I just remember two teenage Americans kids that just kept shouting '9/11!!! TWIN TOWERS!' over and over. It was odd and disturbing.

Thanks for making me feel better though. I know a lot of people like PvP for the replay value, but I like the change more, once I'm done with a game, why go back to it? :)

I have come to accept that I will probably never get most of the online achievements in the video games I play. I tried playing red dead online most recently. It didn't go well at all. I joined 3 different servers and there was always someone in the server that would kill me within the first 30 seconds of me spawning. I really don't enjoy it at all and I'm not going to let the online aspect ruin a game for me, so I just don't play it anymore. I only every play online with friends and 9 times out of 10, the game is coop.

There's nothing bad about it. I've been staying offline in favour of single player games a lot lately as well, just not as long as you have.

The attitude of others is definitely a turn-off, although I wasn't that kind when I played myself. :chair

My suggestion, exhaust all your single player fun then try some online games again, maybe something not so mainstream as Halo or CoD since that might attract the most bad players.

It seems like a such a big waste to have a Gold account and NOT play online for months at a time. Wow.

I once saw a guy on my Friends List who was SILVER for a few weeks and offline. One night he connects. I assume he is still SILVER. I don't check his gamercard. A few minutes later he is signed in again so I check and he is now GOLD. He then proceeds to go into a single player game for . . . I don't remember, something like Bioshock 2 or Mass Effect. Even later on he is online in "AWAY" status at the main menu of the game for 6+ hours.

Do people generally think that they can't earn achievements or play when they are SILVER? :confused:

I don't think I even wanna try COD or Halo multi, since everyone who plays a lot can level up...I'm crap enough as it is! :)

Although, I did buy/dl Burnout, maybe I should give that a try.

And, in the past, the on-line I have played has been co-op and tremendous fun, even with strangers, as long as they are 'nice' enough.

Also, can I just mention it, since I don't like PvP, it bugs me when they release a demo that's 'Multi-player only'...since I never even want to try it. :(

I don't think I even wanna try COD or Halo multi, since everyone who plays a lot can level up...I'm crap enough as it is! :)

Though with halo, when playing ranked, it tries to match you up with people around your skill level, and social matches are just for fun, so there's not as much pressure on winning.

Besides, If you want to get better at a game, you actually need to play it.

I don't play online multiplayer much either really. Before playing 12 vs 12 Tiger Woods with people on here the other day, my last online interaction with people was 35 days ago on Red Dead.

For me you can't beat just playing with a group of friends but it seems my friends don't seem to buy the same games that I do :(

I have come to accept that I will probably never get most of the online achievements in the video games I play. I tried playing red dead online most recently. It didn't go well at all. I joined 3 different servers and there was always someone in the server that would kill me within the first 30 seconds of me spawning. I really don't enjoy it at all and I'm not going to let the online aspect ruin a game for me, so I just don't play it anymore. I only every play online with friends and 9 times out of 10, the game is coop.

The same thing happens to me if I don't play with my friends.

I rarely play MP now because I am bored if I am not playing with my friends, which is rare because they play every game but the one I am. So it can be annoying sometimes. And like other people have said, there are a lot of annoying people on LIVE compared to when I joined nearly 3 years ago.