The greatest thing about G.O.W 2

RebuiltChosen

Maybe it's just me who is not looking forwards to the using a Locust as a shield, but I think it is a pointless feature. The cover system in Gears of War was fantastic and with a little more work would be perfect so why introduce such a needless feature? I know Epic want to be seen to be developing the game mechanics, but games have been ruined by spending time adding to areas that were fine before they started!

I'm just happy to have a new campaign and multiplayer maps to play through, the new features are a bonus.

People have such high standards for a sequel, but unless you have to wait 5 years in between, you shouldn't expect a major jump from game to game. I'd rather get a game with a whole new campaign, a couple new features, same graphics and new multiplayer maps every 2 years than have to wait 10 years and get a completely re-vamped game that ends up being too different from the old game so that you wonder why it even has the same title.

I'm just happy to have a new campaign and multiplayer maps to play through, the new features are a bonus.

People have such high standards for a sequel, but unless you have to wait 5 years in between, you shouldn't expect a major jump from game to game. I'd rather get a game with a whole new campaign, a couple new features, same graphics and new multiplayer maps every 2 years than have to wait 10 years and get a completely re-vamped game that ends up being too different from the old game so that you wonder why it even has the same title.

Couldn't have said it better.:p * cough * RSV2 * cough *

Edited by kiwi18

than have to wait 10 years and get a completely re-vamped game that ends up being too different from the old game so that you wonder why it even has the same title.

Killzone 2 anyone?

It has Gears is it's name, and my name is RedGearz, you can pretty much guarantee that i will bag this the day it comes out, do it in single player. If only you could have 4 player campaign, it would own.

Maybe it's just me who is not looking forwards to the using a Locust as a shield, but I think it is a pointless feature. The cover system in Gears of War was fantastic and with a little more work would be perfect so why introduce such a needless feature? I know Epic want to be seen to be developing the game mechanics, but games have been ruined by spending time adding to areas that were fine before they started!

First off.. the cover system isnt all that good...

I dont know how many times i tried to do a roady run and got stuck on a wall.. :mad:

But i think just changing the run button would sort that out...

And I think it'll be cool to use locust as cover...

But i think that Epic hasent shown us the best thing about Gear Of War 2 yet ;)

I just hope they get rid of the stupid charging shogun thing...

I also agree with Blackjaw x...

Thats exactly how i felt about R6V2

Edited by Deadly Moves

After watching that video on marketplace was blown away by just about everything in it. The multiple locusts running next to the brumack(spelling?!), the human shield ability, new execution types, chainsaw duel, also looked like the weapons had been improved (that pistol and gun he was using prior to it seemed like a narrow barrel shotgun or something).

Would of liked to see the vehicel that derrick was carrying that Cliffy B spoke about, can't remember the name of it.

Also was that Carmine I saw on the derrick with Marcus? or is that just a generic person now as he seemed to have the same outfit on?

Edited by Shipley0110