Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

Achievement Discussion Thread

Just like in the Title. What was your first impression after looking at the achievements list of Lightning Returns? My first thought was: "Thank god there are not 14 and 16G achievements no more." Plus I was wondering why there only a few secret achievements, I hope the story is not going to be short.

• 1 month later...

Good news is that there are no 5-staring certain enemy achievements. They only require you to defeat them.

Still, 5-starring them is not that hard, if you know what abilities to use and boost Lightning's stats. All previously fought bosses, in fact, can be fought again, in a simulation/memory kind of thing.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have say, an upgrade Aerora + Imperil + Deshell = easy mode stagger, especially with Caius' weapon, unless resistant to it, then thundara. The only boss, I ever had some kind of problem was Caius Ballad. I tried out "Hard Mode" after I beat the game on normal.

Looking forward to a nice challenge on "Hard Mode" but I never got one, 5 Star every boss fight. I literally did two main stories completed in one day. Done with all of the main quests after the third day and got the rest of achievements shortly after, on new game plus.

I went with high melee damage/physical tank with Bravery Thief headslot on first slot, debuff/dispel/magic tank on second slot, pure magic damage (Aerora/Thundara/Fira/Blizzara) on third slot. Steamrolled everything.

• 4 months later...
I have say, an upgrade Aerora + Imperil + Deshell = easy mode stagger, especially with Caius' weapon, unless resistant to it, then thundara. The only boss, I ever had some kind of problem was Caius Ballad. I tried out "Hard Mode" after I beat the game on normal.

Looking forward to a nice challenge on "Hard Mode" but I never got one, 5 Star every boss fight. I literally did two main stories completed in one day. Done with all of the main quests after the third day and got the rest of achievements shortly after, on new game plus.

I went with high melee damage/physical tank with Bravery Thief headslot on first slot, debuff/dispel/magic tank on second slot, pure magic damage (Aerora/Thundara/Fira/Blizzara) on third slot. Steamrolled everything.

Try chaos Aeronite on Hard mode. That's the biggest challenge the game can offer.