Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

End Boss question..??

I am at the end boss now and I tried to fight him but the doom timer killed me. I only have about 10k HP right now. I don't know if I should go to the gem next to the door and start a new game+ or if I can actually beat him. Plus I beat Caius and didn't pick up the Chaos's Revenge :( Any tips?

I am at the end boss now and I tried to fight him but the doom timer killed me. I only have about 10k HP right now. I don't know if I should go to the gem next to the door and start a new game+ or if I can actually beat him. Plus I beat Caius and didn't pick up the Chaos's Revenge :( Any tips?

if you forgot to pickup the chaos weapon then it is gone, someone else had same issue and went back to the bridge to try find it, it most likely gets cleaned up by the game engine if not picked up during that part of the story.

PS I ended up taking NG+ as my first play was not correctly setup. got to the 2nd phase and my quest ended there.

You need to fully understand the enemy and the tactics it uses and have the schemata setup to counter most and attack when needed.

HP of around 10k should be enough, as you can not get it much past that on NG

Did you do most of the Prayer Canvas quests and also most of the 60+ sidequests as each of these give Lightning status boost.

My setup on Day 8 after doing 56 SQ and 50 CoP is around 10-11K depending on gear.

Playing on Easy mode.

Edited by ecto69

I did a lot of quests and prayer Canvas ones as well. I don't fully understand what you mean by you got to the second phase and your quest ended. But I will try to find a good setup but I don't know what to do if I cant beat him ): He is so much harder than Orphan.

That was the idea behind this game to make it more difficult with 3 levels. The best way to play this game is on Easy, no need to use the others until later on NG+ or NG++

2nd Phase aka 2nd version/form of final boss (there are 4)

I could not beat him hence just moved onto NG+

Mind you I did not customize or tweak my setup to final boss. just went in blind to test it out.

Edited by ecto69

For pure physical damage, the Whirlwind Kick special ability can deal massive damage if you equip a Lv* Kick ability on that yellow martial art garb (that garb comes with a Lv.2 Kick but is simply too weak). Practice on your Just Attack timing, and combined with Deprotect & Brave, can easily defeat Bhunivelze, even Bhunivelze+ on Hard. This setup is even more efficient than spamming Artemus Arrow.