Are you going to get elder scrolls online?

smokevf

Are you going to get elder scrolls online?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to get elder scrolls online?

• yes
    • no
    • maybe
    • Hell no! not paying monthly will wait till its free to play

Meh.. playing the PC early access right now and I'm still not impressed, despite how excited I was for this game. The Elder Scrolls games are awesome, MMOs are awesome, but combining the two = not awesome. I'm not tooooo disappointed since I wasn't expecting much after the bad press, and I got the Imperial edition at a discount (and most likely won't be playing once the month ends).

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I plan to buy- I almost caved today for the PC early access but held out.

I do hope they can deliver on content and not have to switch to F2p like every other subscription MMO of the past 5 years has had to.

One good thing about getting the console is that we get to see what they add in for the PC over the next 2 months as I presume it will be the same content across all platforms.

I was interested until realized this seems like a money laundering scheme. You pay $60 for Gold $15 or whatever for the content and then another x amount to get the imperial edition to get a race that should be available from the start.

I would say if you want that race, get the imperial edition. you can't really find them anywhere on disc...sold out...but digital you can. 15$ a month is not bad at all. I spend 10$ a day on drinks and cigs..THAT'S BAD!!

This is exactly how I feel, but each day I am getting closer and closer.

Same, especially now its out on PC, and I can see properly what it looks like.

I've just never really been able to get in to MMO's that much. But as I already know a lot of about the Elder Scrolls games, I feel like it will be more accessible.

I think I will be trying it out.

My friends that got this on the pc have said this is a scam.

How is this a scam its a PTP MMO like all the others before it there is nothing different with this game than any of the other PTP MMO's. Also unlike a lot of the other PTP MMO's this one is not charging for there first year of updates.

Some people point out that you have to buy the imperial edition to play as the imperial class. However you can upgrade to that version on the PC so I cannot see them not allowing you to pay to get the class on the consoles. Plus the Imperial class is only good for Tank classes as there racial skills are not that good.

So your opinion is completely based off the most mainstream RPG developer out there? Maybe if you tried RPGs from other developers besides Bethesda (Fallout 3, Skyrim, and Oblivion) and games that run on their broken engine (New Vegas) you might like them. Not saying you would but those games don't even begin to touch what this genre is fully about. While they are good games, for the most part they wouldn't be able to give you a full opinion on RPGs as a whole. There is plenty of variety in the rpg genre, and you have barely seen the tip of the iceberg (based on the ones you said you have played).

If he doesn't like mainstream RPGs that are extremely accessible to new players I seriously doubt he'll like something more in depth.

Hmmm did you check the poll? My response is fully on topic, no need to derail the thread

Ah ok, fair enough. My bad. I just thought you were coming along to a random thread to a game you had no interest on just to say that...

Anyway, please accept my apologies!

Man June can't get here fast enough... too excited for this game. Anyone know if the console version will launch will all the content PC acquired post-launch? Like Craglorn for example?

Possibly not as it's a separate team working on the ports however I would not count it out it depends on how they are structuring the DLC windows on the consoles I have a feeling it will probably be a few months behind the PC version all the way through its cycle

Also here's hoping they have a few betas next months and possibly a PTS like the PC had