Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

Weapon Upgrade Chart

There did not seem to be any charts out there on which upgrade components and how many of them are required for each weapon.

NOTE: still working on adding more details (need to figure out best way to show AUX features as some have 2 of them so it would increase rows by 3 for those)

NOTE: to upgrade Demon Knife fully costs 138,000GIL for a total cost of 358,000GIL and it becomes the same as Heaven's Cloud. This is prior to apply the final Holy Forgefire upgrade as this has no GIL value.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m150/ecto9/ffxiii/upgrade/weapons2.jpg

Above is work in progress, weapon upgrade for some of the most used or useful weapons.

I will also try and add the method of how to get each of the high end components.

EXAMPLE:

You can buy the demon knife for about 220k and upgrade it for cheaper.

Hard Hitter value is most important once you reach the 5,000 strength cap.

1. 220,000GIL (can not fully upgrade, can make stronger in favor of speed)

NOTE: 115 upgrade points (cost to fully upgrade 138,000 = total 358,000)

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m150/ecto9/ffxiii/weapons/dk.jpg

2. 800,000GIL (note I did not click upgrade so it shows as HH Lv2)

NOTE: 45 upgrade points. if you readjust points to other upgrades it can be made same as Demon Knife

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m150/ecto9/ffxiii/weapons/hc.jpg

3. 450,000 (note I did not click upgrade so it shows as HH Lv2)

NOTE: 70 upgrade points

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m150/ecto9/ffxiii/weapons/m.jpg

Edited by ecto69

• 3 weeks later...

Nice, I have upgraded Masamune. I did ATB full / Hard Hitter Full and whatever I could on strength. Very powerful especially if you stick them with Curse. Heavy slash knocks big enemies over. It's funny watching Earth Eaters getting smashed to the floor :D

Do you have any tips for collecting more Forgefire items (the red items) for upgrading. Don't seem to get many :(

In the final dungeon ,the SET drop one of the ForgeFires, and this enemy is unlimited and you can farm it all day long.

The ForgeFire is basically a drop from high end monsters. Omega Monsters drop it as well, however I believe you need to be on Hard Difficulty for this to occur.

You need to extinct all monsters to get enough to fully upgrade several weapons.

The in game monster data shows the common drops from them , and this info is there, if it is grayed out you need to play at higher difficulty level.

Upgrade items

For Weapons

Holy forgefire

Cyclops Ω

Neela 5%

Gorgonopsid Ω

Desert Sahagin Ω

Zaltys 5-30% depending on if tail or not

Zaltys Ω

Reaver Ω

Earth Eater Ω

Aeronite[spoiler=nk1]

Noel Kreiss

Noel Kreiss+

Demonic Forgefire

Set 10%

Skeleton Ω

Chimera Ω

Skata'ne Ω

Aeronite[spoiler=cb1]

Caius Ballad

For Shields

Life Smeltwater

Gaunt Ω

Dryad Ω

Ereshkigal

Wendigo 5%

Ectopudding Ω

Hanuman Ω

Zomok Ω

Gurangatch Ω

[spoiler=12s]Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers+

Snow Villiers++

Soul Smeltwater

Menonekton Ω

Arcangeli Ω

Chimera 10%

Ereshkigal

Cactuar Ω

Schrodinger Ω

Triffid Ω

Chocobo Eater Ω

Dreadnought Ω

Aster Protoflorian Ω

[spoiler=dd1]Grendel

Parandus

Edited by ecto69

Wow, thanks for all the great info Ecto. I'm on hard at the moment so that's a good thing. Near enough ready to take on the Omegas. Nearly all quests finished so I may just run around the highways and try to get some Chaos Last ones, whichever I can't get I will try to get them in the Lair.

Great tip with set, I'll try to max it out to 99 whilst farming some Element / Elementa. Love that spell!

One thing that's annoyed me a bit. I can't max out my Beat Down and a few others because I need to go back on easy / normal to get some level 2/3 items :(( Wish they still came up in hard for the first few days. I should of researched that.

Cheers Ecto :)