Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

Aeronite and Ereshkigal - Easy difficulty, no Ethers, first run

I just beat both of them on the normal playthrough (first time). It wasn't easy and I had to use pretty much every item/EP I owned for both of them as well as the final boss since I had trouble staggering him in his final form for some reason. It is unbelievable how easy he is once staggered in the final form.

I just beat both of them on the normal playthrough (first time). It wasn't easy and I had to use pretty much every item/EP I owned for both of them as well as the final boss since I had trouble staggering him in his final form for some reason. It is unbelievable how easy he is once staggered in the final form.

Beating them on Normal 1st time is a great achievement IMO. Very nicely done.

I have been farming Double Deity on Easy first run, my record is 1:59, 5 stars and 265000 score. It's out there with an Elixir. I know this isn't really impressive, except the time, maybe, but this isn't my point. My point is, even with the Beggar's Beads equipped, bringing the drop rate of Double Deity to 10%, I have been chain-killing Bhunivelze for 4 days now and still no weapon drop… I have always been the unluckiest gamer on Earth, but this is getting ridiculous… I do 20 fights a day, so it's already been 80 of them or more…

As for Aeronite and Ereshkigal, and even Bhunivelze strategies, I want to thank all of you. You have helped me, a lot, in tackling them with shitty starter weapons. I know they're not hard on Easy mode, but still, since I refused to use a single GIL to buy anything, it helped a lot ;)

With starter weapons and shitty garbs and abilities, I have managed to kill Ereshkigal in 6 minutes on my second try, Aeronite in 4 minutes on 1st try, and Bhunivelze in 2 minutes and change on 1st try as well. All 5 stars. Again, I know it's only Easy, but still. Thanks.

Edited by Asturgis

To increase the odds of getting the Double Deity weapon , it has higher odds when played on hard mode, not sure if that also applies for normal.

The weapon l according to what I read is not really that impressive. It might look cool, not sure, saw it on sale by a roaming NPC, cost was crazy high, 9999,999 Gil, did not have it so did could not test it out.

I did not even care on my NG and currently on NG+ have yet to start the final run, play on hard mode, just for fun tried Aeronite with a normal enemy setup adm failed. Have also tried the lair boss and failed, and reverted back to prior save. Have close to maxed out stats and abilities and weapons will try again at some point.

For Double Deity, it's not a question of Hard mode or not, it's just that Bhunivelze drops it at a 5% rate, so 10% with the Beggar's Beads, and Bhunivelze+ 15%, so 30% with the Beggar's Beads. I just wanted it for my hybrid SAB/COM, which is my opening Schema. And according to its stats, Double Deity is the best double-blade in the game, excluding the DLC weapon Crocea Mors which has higher DMG but takes away 95% of your HP. It's even better than Heaven's Bridge, and has the Overclock Manual+ auto-ability, which makes each Overclock last longer. Difficult to argue with that after a Stagger :p

Here are a few Bhunivelze and Bhunivelze+ strategies I have tried and succeeded with. Excuse the shortness, but I have to go very soon so I'll EDIT and add details later.

To summarize, you have to reach Stagger status as fast as possible for each phase of the fight. You can do this in 2 ways.

The first is going for physical staggering, using Equilibrium+ with Ultima Weapon and Shield, and Vengeance and Shadow Trooper equipped with a Spear. Stagger with Jump and Light Slash. For the final form, Jump won't work, so just use Beat-Down and stabilize your wave with Blitz or Fatal Sweep if needed. Equilibrium+ should be your default Schema and be equipped with Imperil and Deprotect to recover ATB faster every time you re-cast your ailments.

The second way is to use magical staggering with Equilibrium+ still equipped with Imperil and Deprotect but now with Aerora, L'automne and Urban Outlaw. Try to chain batches of 2 spells without Finales by quickly changing Schemata and staying airborne after a Light Slash. If you can't, try the same by staying very far. If you really can't, try to replace Urban Outlaw by Quiet Guardian and Preta or Ghostly Hood depending on which attacks give you the most trouble.

The third way only works on Easy and Normal, and is very cheap in the sense that it completely breaks the fight, IF you have the stats. Use COM COM COM and just chain regular Attacks with Helter Skelter, Equilibrium+ and Innocence. Cast Deprotect, use a Bravery potion and just attack. Don't bother staggering. Use brute force only. Since Bhunivelze is very weak to physical DMG, you will destroy his 3 first forms by Overclocking during his attacks. For the last though, no choice there. Equip 3 Aerora or 3 Thundara or a mix of both and do as suggested in the second strategy, to reach stagger. It works. I got 1:59 like this on Easy and 2:44 on NG+.

I'll EDIT this and add details later ;)

Edited by Asturgis

• 4 weeks later...

I just completed the final battle with "Ereshkigal"

And ran out of time at the end of the battle

and guess what could not pickup the BOSS dropped item from the ground

Looks like I revert to prior save and do it again.

:dance: At Least I got the achievements 2x90G out of the way.

I really did want the Accessory drop item.

[spoiler=lkj]Diamond Matinee Necklace