Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

I beat Aeronite!

I beat Aeronite! It took me 6:44 and I got 5 stars. No EP recovery. I can't believe I actually did it. He was quite easy, actually, now that I think about it. Now I just need to beat Ereshkigal and get two more upgrading achievements and I've got all the achievements.

For anyone who's interested, I used the schemas that it tells you to on the TA walkthrough. The only thing I changed was using the 'Battle Axe of the Believer' instead of 'Gangrad' on the 'Quiet Guardian' garb because Gangrad decreases stagger power by 90%.

I know I'm not the first person to do this or anything like that but I'm just so amazed that I beat the 'hardest' boss in the game.

Well done, weren't you playing it on Hard as well?. I gave him a go but just can't stagger him quickly enough so he just keeps flying off, going to attempt him again on my NG+ play through when i'm stronger and have some upgraded weapons. Managed to beat Ereshkigal after a few attempts though, mind you I did have to spam Overdrive just to stop him from completely whooping my ass.

Well done, weren't you playing it on Hard as well?. I gave him a go but just can't stagger him quickly enough so he just keeps flying off, going to attempt him again on my NG+ play through when i'm stronger and have some upgraded weapons. Managed to beat Ereshkigal after a few attempts though, mind you I did have to spam Overdrive just to stop him from completely whooping my ass.

Thanks. I beat Ereshkigal as well after posting this but I didn't want to make two pointless threads. Poison was extremely useful in that battle. Also I was playing on NG+ on easy for both of them so it's not even that impressive.

Thanks. I beat Ereshkigal as well after posting this but I didn't want to make two pointless threads. Poison was extremely useful in that battle. Also I was playing on NG+ on easy for both of them so it's not even that impressive.

It was someone else in another post that said they were playing it on Hard, apologies. But still no matter, whatever gets the job done. I've been playing on Normal and Ereshkigal certainly packed one hell of punch, his Meteor attacks just flat out killed me every single time. I finished the fight with no stars and used all my items including an Elixir, two Ethers and a Turbo Ether. But like I said whatever gets the job done. My wife is playing it through on Easy and the difference is quite frankly absurd! I'm glad I've played it on Normal, it's been quite a challenge and a relatively good one. Aeronite can do one for all I care though lol, like I said he's gonna go down in my NG+... hopefully. :p

Edited by The Big LT

Well done! Hope you punched Aeronite in the genitals at least once for my sake!

Thanks, and don't worry; I most certainly did!!

Well done, you should now try 5 star Aeronite, Ereshkigal and Bhuni+ on Hard.

Thanks. I would kind of like to try the game on hard but I know I probably will struggle a lot. I'd say I'm decent at this game but I know I've got no chance against hard Aeronite, Ereshkigal, and Bhuni+ (who I didn't even know existed) let alone 5 star them!

Did not want to start new thread.

Playing on Easy , I can finally take on the earth eater solo :eek: but it is a push over compared to Aeronite.

I am on Day 8 and only have access to level 2 abilities, and those in the Garbs that have level 4 and or 3, aka Helter Skelter.

Is it even worth it to try and fight this one in NG , I am thinking NG+

I tried a few times and failed, just to see what it is like. The gear suggested are not even available until day 10.

Did not want to start new thread.

Playing on Easy , I can finally take on the earth eater solo :eek: but it is a push over compared to Aeronite.

I am on Day 8 and only have access to level 2 abilities, and those in the Garbs that have level 4 and or 3, aka Helter Skelter.

Is it even worth it to try and fight this one in NG , I am thinking NG+

I tried a few times and failed, just to see what it is like. The gear suggested are not even available until day 10.

since you are on easy, no comment. for the sake of comparison though, i did my ng on normal, and beat ereshkigal and the final boss without too much trouble, but after a little time with aeronite i decided to leave him for a ng+ on easy (not at day 7 yet, so no comment on how hard he is on easy)

i'd say save him for an ng+ play through, but make sure to deal with ereshkigal on your ng playthrough so you don't have to do all the side quests for unlocking the ultimate lair again.

since you are on easy, no comment. for the sake of comparison though, i did my ng on normal, and beat ereshkigal and the final boss without too much trouble, but after a little time with aeronite i decided to leave him for a ng+ on easy (not at day 7 yet, so no comment on how hard he is on easy)

i'd say save him for an ng+ play through, but make sure to deal with ereshkigal on your ng playthrough so you don't have to do all the side quests for unlocking the ultimate lair again.

He's actually not that bad on NG+ on Normal, I can only imagine that he's an absolute cake walk on Easy. The biggest issue I tended to find was staggering him within the three minute time limit on each phase. I personally had more trouble with Bhenivelze+ in terms of staying alive.

For anyone who's interested, I used the schemas that it tells you to on the TA walkthrough. The only thing I changed was using the 'Battle Axe of the Believer' instead of 'Gangrad' on the 'Quiet Guardian' garb because Gangrad decreases stagger power by 90%.

The procedure actually says not to use Gangrad for the exact reason you stated. (Maybe it was updated from when you read it)

I am at Midnight (Game time) Day 13 trying this Monster. Actually saw it on the screen once "FED UP" and battle over , time to reload save and try again.

For some reason my Lightning is not fast enough and can't seem to damage it enough, even though my setup has more powerful spells. MY HP is a tad more as well, purchased the strongest weapon and a nice shield.

Screen shots of setup

[spoiler=kda]

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m150/ecto9/ffxiii/aeronite/1.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m150/ecto9/ffxiii/aeronite/2.jpg

2a. Nobelesse Veronique

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m150/ecto9/ffxiii/aeronite/2a.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m150/ecto9/ffxiii/aeronite/3.jpg

3a. Gridanian Sigil: This might be a better shield for the Mage.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m150/ecto9/ffxiii/aeronite/3a.jpg

UPDATE:

GOT MY WHITE MAGES HAT.

With only a minor tweak of above setup.

Edited by ecto69

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to give my experience with Aeronite, whom I beat earlier this morning (before work, so that's a great way to start the day :) ). It was on normal on my first playthrough.

I'd tried a few times since the weekend using some online strategies with no luck, so I decided to go back to a more traditional scheme (except of course for the magic resist one).

I don't have my exact setup, but I did have the magic tank, with a level 3 ra spell, deshell, heavy guard and imperil.

Soldier of peace for artemis arrows with a heavy guard and a level 3 ra spell.

And I think the 3rd was midnight mauve for the level 3 fira, with heavy guard, ruin and deprotect.

Also had Cauis' weapon, that Morgenstern (or something similar) sword, and the Omega Reaver weapon.

My items were: 3 phoenix downs, 3 ethers, 1 turbo ether, 1 hero's potion, 1 crusaders potion, and the omega nektar. That's a lot of EP if you add it up, but sadly most of it went to Arise after I quickly ran out of phoenix downs.

I did get about 4-5 overclocks in during the first 4 staggers, but by the time the 4th happened, I was literally down to 2 EP and flashing red health. Thankfully one of the potions had haste, so even with the 1 overclock I managed to bring that SOB down (and being extra careful to tank every single spell he threw).

I swear near the end my hands were sweating because I thought he was going to escape. Naturally, i got 0 stars and 1 battle point, but it was worth it :). Now, to the ultimate lair! I'm sure that will be nothing compared to Aeronite