Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

Ability Drop Spreadsheets (Ability Farming)

Hey everyone. As someone who doesn't enjoy being overwhelmed by not knowing what abilities drop from which monster and when, I put together a few spreadsheets to help visualize when and from what monsters certain abilities drop from. I have three spreadsheets for now. Two are sorted by location (Easy/Normal, Hard), and one is just sorted by abilities regardless of difficulty. They're in .ods format (Open Office) so you should be able to open them with Office Excel. :dance:

A sample image from the spreadsheets sorted by location:

http://i.imgur.com/pwru0go.png

notes:

*Does not include ailment/defensive abilities as they're simple enough to level up from lvl1.

*The progress column is so you can check off what level you've synthesized/levelled up to. For Easy/Normal, I have it up to 3. On Hard is where lvls 4 & 5 can easily be synthesized.

*Does not account for Last One monsters or Chaos Infusions.

*Easy/Normal does not include any special monsters as their ability drops can only be obtained on Hard.

A sample image from the spreadsheet sorted by abilities (with a sub-sort for locations):

http://i.imgur.com/LEfq5Of.png

notes:

*This one was the first one I made but I found it to be too complicated when sorted by abilities instead of purely by location like the other two. Hopefully it'll be more useful for you guys.

They're nothing fancy but they've helped me tons.

Downloads (PNG image files):

LR Ability Farming - Easy&Normal

LR Ability Farming - Hard

LR Abilities

Alt. Downloads (HTML files):

LR Ability Farming - Easy&Normal

LR Ability Farming - Hard

LR Abilities

edit #1: added 2 alternative download sets if the .ods aren't working for ya. One is HTML (opens in browser) and one has PNG images you can download from imgur.com albums.

edit #2: having trouble with the .ods (open office) files so if I manage to get them workin' i'll be sure to upload them.

Edited by Hishoa

Thanks for the spreadsheets. Will test them out ASAP

MS Excel users need to have an ODS converter or add on to Office that allows for opening them. Just trying to figure out best way to do this

I may just get open office installed to make it easier.

Oh yeah? Hm, all I have on this machine is an "MS Office Viewer", which I'm assuming shows me what it'd look like from an MS Office perspective.

If it's too much trouble for some people though, I'm open to just screenshotting each spreadsheet and saving them as separate PNG/JPEG files so people can download and print 'em that way.

I can not even open them in Open Office 4.01

it tries to convert to a text import. :confused:

Huh, that's weird. I just updated to 4.01 just now and they're opening fine. Welp, I went ahead and uploaded them in .html format to Zippyshare -- can those open fine for you in a browser? (I've never done much of uploading so I'm not too good with these things.)

Huh, that's weird. I just updated to 4.01 just now and they're opening fine. Welp, I went ahead and uploaded them in .html format to Zippyshare -- can those open fine for you in a browser? (I've never done much of uploading so I'm not too good with these things.)

The HTML ones open fine

the ods files:

it tries to convert to a text import.

Is it normal ODS format on the download site?

What version of Calc did you use? 4.01 I assume.

I have ApacheOpen Office 4.01

Maybe you need to ZIP them up before upload?

The HTML ones open fine

the ods files:

it tries to convert to a text import.

Is it normal ODS format on the download site?

What version of Calc did you use? 4.01 I assume.

I have ApacheOpen Office 4.01

Maybe you need to ZIP them up before upload?

Er, that's what I meant, I have updated to Apache Open Office 4.01 and it still opens for me. :confused: Anyway, I scrapped the .ods download files and replaced them with nifty PNG files via imgur.com. No one should have a problem with those! If I figure out how to fix the .ods files so others can see 'em, I'll be sure to upload those at a later time.

Sorry for the confusion.

The HTML layout is the best, however the image is good as well as I use my iPad during game play to show things like this.

I assume the spreadsheet was only static data and did not do any calculations, if that is the case then a spreadsheet file not that much needed.

Years ago a gamer created an upgrade calculation spreadsheet for Final Fantasy XIII , it actually required calculations based on various items.