Do you buy or rent games

Tootell

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really only rent. If it's something I know I'm going to sink a lot of time into, like an online multiplayer, then I'll buy it. That would be things like Battlefield, Mass Effect 3, Halo, etc.

Obviously you can't rent Arcade games, but I tend to only buy ones I know I'm going to enjoy or that have been reviewed well like Bastion, Minecraft, etc.

must be nice for all of you to still be able to rent games. We don't have any rent by mail options in Canada (our postal system is terrible), and there isn't any more video rental franchises or stores left. There is one local run video store I know of in my city, but it's a 25-30 min drive from my house and they don't get very many games.

So I buy a lot of games, but I also skip out on many & never get to play ones I'd like to at least try.

must be nice for all of you to still be able to rent games. We don't have any rent by mail options in Canada (our postal system is terrible), and there isn't any more video rental franchises or stores left. There is one local run video store I know of in my city, but it's a 25-30 min drive from my house and they don't get very many games.

So I buy a lot of games, but I also skip out on many & never get to play ones I'd like to at least try.

Yep, same. In Canada and there's no more rental stores at all around here. I used to rent games whenever I could back when the stores were common place. It would be a great way to trial a game and see if it was worth buying.

Nowadays, I'm forced to just wait until the game has dropped in price if I'm unsure about it.

I have searched and couldn't find this thread

I personally buy

Me too! I'm also a collector, so renting makes 0 sense to me unless I did sell off a turd and found out later that it got DLC that I wanted to complete it. But so far that hasn't happened to me, I havn't rented a game since my gamefly trial last year. Before then, i havn't rented a game since the Sega Genesis/MegaDrive.. yes really. haha!