Does knifing feel different?

Since MU2, it feels to me personally that knifing is alot harder, even on people that are not moving, I still sometimes need to take an extra swing, anyone else notice this?

What I noticed in Onslaught while knifing an opponent was that I would swing the knife and it would do nothing. However, the enemy would no longer be holding a gun (or it just turned invisible). I would then have to hit them with the knife again to kill them. It was very strange.

If you crouch and hit the knife button just after it seems to work properly, I just messed around with it in a couple games of rush. Before I tried crouching I had to kill a couple of people with the .45 pistol after missing a couple of knife attacks, afterward I got the kill first swing on all of my attempts, 5 or 6 I believe.

It used to be that if you stabbed in the wrong place, the knife would stick into the air. Now it seems it just slices the air.

I don't use the knife much, but aside from the animation and behavior having changed, I got the feeling yesterday that it's now easier to miss the person than it used to be. That you have to be more precise in the stab. That might be intended to stop running leaping people jumping on you and stabbing you in the head.

Maybe the lag changing so things play differently just makes it feel that way, but I'm glad I'm not the only person that thinks it was acting weirdly!

I haven't played yet after the recent update, but knifing was way too easy before. You didn't even have to stand close to an enemy, and pressing RB would bring you closer, or turn your player if the enemy was moving. That was kinda stupid.

But it'd be dump as well if we had to press the button more than once.

I haven't played yet after the recent update, but knifing was way too easy before. You didn't even have to stand close to an enemy, and pressing RB would bring you closer, or turn your player if the enemy was moving. That was kinda stupid.

But it'd be dump as well if we had to press the button more than once.

This.

I love the knifing in this game. It actually makes a tad bit of sense compared to the 500 miles an hour lunge knife attack of COD games.

in my opinion IW are still the only people to get it right. Granted its a little better then BC1. But for BFBC2 just seems slow as fuck.

I just want to contradict your point by saying that in MW2, the knife is a weapon that overpowers guns rather than being a melee weapon, it becomes a primary.

in my opinion IW are still the only people to get it right. Granted its a little better then BC1. But for BFBC2 just seems slow as fuck.

yeah MW2 is unfair -- think realistically how long it would take for you to get a knife out and kill a guy . . COD knife is way too easy and like that guy said it becomes a primary since its a guaranteed instant kill --

theres no problem with the length and knife animation, HOWEVER since the updates ill swing and the guy doesnt die and i have to swing again (especially when running, and yes it connects to his body) -- however this has saved me a few times when a guy tries to knife me and doesnt kill me so i hear it turn around and kill him

The way it was behaving yesterday, it seemed that two things were going on. First, if they're not in the correct position when stabbing you, you get more warning than just them saying something as they're stabbing you. Second, if you're trying to stab somebody moving away from you, it's really difficult to do. But how much of either of that is just the respective connections? Whichever (and however it works in other games) it sure doesn't seem the same as it was before in BC2.

Its pretty much broken now (for me at least). I came up behind this guy standing still, knifed (not stabbing animation), he flinched, blood came out, he turned around and shot me, I quit. :(

Was that me you tryed that on lol. I was playing conquest and someone on the Desert tryed to knife me twice. First time I heard it, 2nd time i had enough time to turn around and shoot him lol.