Spawn trapping?

Anybody else noticed it's much more prevalent in this game? I certainly notice it a lot more in this game than on others.

Village, Mission and Interchange are the three biggest examples I can think of. I won't say how you spawn trap them, because spawn trapping sucks.

I nearly got a MOAB on Interchange (died one off due to poor aim) as we had them spawn trapped. I've been spawn trapped on mission a couple of times and it's really annoying.

You just have to hope they push up beyond that imaginary line so you get a spawn flip.

A bit of a product of poor map designs in some areas of certain maps!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit of a product of poor map designs in some areas of certain maps!

I don't see it as poor map design, because if the enemy team is good enough, they'll spawn trap you no matter how many ways there are to leave your spawn. When we play Dom, we don't let anyone leave their spawn. As far as it being more prevalent in this game, I think it's easier to do, so it's going to happen more often.

Spawn trapping is a symptom of bad map design if the spawn points are placed right and the code for how and where a player spawns is right it shouldn't be possible. Spawn trapping is just as douche a move as spawn camping as far as I am concerned. The spawning in this game is bad enough without teams trying pin each other into a corner and essentially end the game

Spawn trapping is a symptom of bad map design if the spawn points are placed right and the code for how and where a player spawns is right it shouldn't be possible.

Spawn trapping is just as douche a move as spawn camping as far as I am concerned. The spawning in this game is bad enough without teams trying pin each other into a corner and essentially end the game

I think it will be possible no matter what, though. I could watch the door that they walk through and be 100 ft away, but they still can't get out of their spawn. If the spawns flipped because they just can't get past a certain point, that would just be more catering to garbage players. It's not our team's fault if the enemy team is so bad that they get spawn trapped.

I don't see how it's a douch move. If they are so bad at the game that they can't get out of their spawn, why should the good players be punished in any way? We know what we are doing, as far as how far we can push up and where to watch, so they shouldn't be able to move out of their spawn. In my opinion, it's their own fault. We aren't glitching, we are just taking advantage of the way the game plays. Just like someone that uses a good weapon. They are taking advantage of the way the gun works to better themselves and the team. It's part of Domination and Demolition. People need to either learn to do it, learn to get out of one, or they can continue to get smacked in games. Again, it's the fault of the bad player.

Spawn trapping is a symptom of bad map design if the spawn points are placed right and the code for how and where a player spawns is right it shouldn't be possible. Spawn trapping is just as douche a move as spawn camping as far as I am concerned. The spawning in this game is bad enough without teams trying pin each other into a corner and essentially end the game

They should not be bad enough to be trapped there .

That being said the system should NOT keep spawning people NEXT to a Enemy,there are like 3/4 points in each map wtf is wrong with a point that a Enemy is NOT by .

We aren't glitching, we are just taking advantage of the way the game plays.

I don't think devs would agree here you are doing a routine to force the spawns to essentially break so you can rack up kills. I won't shed a tear when the people who do it constantly are hit by the ban hammer.

I don't think devs would agree here you are doing a routine to force the spawns to essentially break so you can rack up kills. I won't shed a tear when the people who do it constantly are hit by the ban hammer.

First of all, I can tell by your comment that you probably don't know the difference between a spawn trap and killing people as they spawn in front of you. Spawn trapping is keeping the enemy team in their spawn the entire game so that they can't capture the middle flag, or whichever flags they don't have. It's not killing them as they spawn. Second of all, if you think that spawn trapping (the way I explained it) is a bannable/suspendable offense, you have mental problems. It has been possible in every CoD game that I've played (since CoD 4) and it is part of Domination. If it was something that they would ban people for, it would have been changed after CoD 4, don't you think? Those that complain about spawn trapping are usually the bad players with 0.5 KD ratios.

Keeping them contained to an area is fine if a player is good enough he will get out and at least he has a chance to. What I have considered spawn trapping is things like in the video above and the link below which is quite different I guess thats where our wires have got crossed we have a different idea of what spawn trapping is.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbFMA3ZR6n8]MW3 | SPAWN-TRAP TUTORIAL | MISSION | ColinKS - YouTube[/ame]

When you set out as a team to do something like force this to happen and sit there camping to rack up kills I think it should be punishable not saying permanent bans but it is something that needs sorting if every time you played teams were doing this playing modes like Dom becomes pointless.

So when you said you would set out as a team to spawn trap this is the sort of thing I thought you was doing which it is clearly not from what you just said. This is the sort of thing I was saying the devs should be able to avoid happening by adding a few extra spawns spread out across the map or at least have spawn points where you have more than 1 direction to run.

First of all, I can tell by your comment that you probably don't know the difference between a spawn trap and killing people as they spawn in front of you. Spawn trapping is keeping the enemy team in their spawn the entire game so that they can't capture the middle flag, or whichever flags they don't have. It's not killing them as they spawn. Second of all, if you think that spawn trapping (the way I explained it) is a bannable/suspendable offense, you have mental problems. It has been possible in every CoD game that I've played (since CoD 4) and it is part of Domination. If it was something that they would ban people for, it would have been changed after CoD 4, don't you think? Those that complain about spawn trapping are usually the bad players with 0.5 KD ratios.

I call bullshit on your win loss ratio. NO WAY. You must dashboard ALOT!!!

if i get spawn killed twice in a row its insta-quit, so ive never actually been spawn trapped before. to me its just cheap as hell, an easy way to exploit the spawn system and get kill feed. takes no skill to do, just ignorance. half the time the people are just quitting and the enemy team members are changing constantly.

it ranks up there with camping on my book, dirty way to get kills. usually abbused by people who "window camp" or play dirty as hell anyway.

I call bullshit on your win loss ratio. NO WAY. You must dashboard ALOT!!!

How about you play with me one game and see why my ratio is so high before calling me a dashboarder. Most of my losses are from dashboarding faggots. If I did dashboard, both ratios would be much higher. Send me a friend request and we'll play a game.

takes no skill to do, just ignorance.

It does take skill and organization as a team to do it. If you and your team aren't good enough to get to the spawn trap and hold them there, you won't be able to spawn kill.

This is the sort of thing I was saying the devs should be able to avoid happening

I agree. Even though I don't do it, killing people as they spawn is still a legitimate way to play. That's part of demolition.

How about you play with me one game and see why my ratio is so high before calling me a dashboarder. Most of my losses are from dashboarding faggots. If I did dashboard, both ratios would be much higher. Send me a friend request and we'll play a game.

It does take skill and organization as a team to do it. If you and your team aren't good enough to get to the spawn trap and hold them there, you won't be able to spawn kill.

I agree. Even though I don't do it, killing people as they spawn is still a legitimate way to play. That's part of demolition.

I dont give a shit how good you are. You cant do it all by yourself. Joining random lobbies will sometimes net you a loss if you dont even play. I just dont see all the games you have played , even being the BAD ass you are, only losing 18 games. Sorry i just dont see it. So you have only played 18 hrs and are 7th perstige??? Strange.

Edited by upindat

Joining random lobbies will sometimes net you a loss if you dont even play.

I just dont see all the games you have played , even being the BAD ass you are, only losing 18 games.

So you have only played 18 hrs and are 7th perstige?

No shit, but we play in full parties, and that rarely happens.

Sorry you're garbage and we're not.

I have almost 7 days played. It's spelled prestige, smart one.

Make sure you have the facts before you talk trash. You don't have to believe me, but just because you're garbage doesn't mean it can't happen. There are at least 5 people in my clan with over 40 W/L ratios. Nobody cares if you don't believe me, but we'll slap you and anybody else anytime. Your sub 1.00 KD says it all.

I have done a few games in parties against randoms and it does give you an edge when you are communicating and they aren't. You are always more likely to win when this happens so if he plays in parties most of the time I can see how his stats would be high but look at the kdr in most of the games you can see he can play.

Nice stats there snipingheadshot wish I could get an 8.0 kdr on FFA. If you appear in a lobby I think I will just leave to save myself the punishment lol.

No shit, but we play in full parties, and that rarely happens.

Sorry you're garbage and we're not.

I have almost 7 days played. It's spelled prestige, smart one.

Make sure you have the facts before you talk trash. You don't have to believe me, but just because you're garbage doesn't mean it can't happen. There are at least 5 people in my clan with over 40 W/L ratios. Nobody cares if you don't believe me, but we'll slap you and anybody else anytime. Your sub 1.00 KD says it all.

to be fair, not everybody has the opportunity to play on a set team. a lot of players join games at random and dont know what to expect when hopping on. its much different when you have a group of 6, and chances are you will never get thrown in a game thats pretty much over.

its much harder to play well when you do it by yourself. rather than having a full party calling out kills, and using map control to gain an edge. either way gj with the WL ratio.

to be fair, not everybody has the opportunity to play on a set team. a lot of players join games at random and dont know what to expect when hopping on. its much different when you have a group of 6, and chances are you will never get thrown in a game thats pretty much over.

its much harder to play well when you do it by yourself. rather than having a full party calling out kills, and using map control to gain an edge. either way gj with the WL ratio.

I'm the first to admit that it's hard to do well/win without a party. I used to play solo or with one or two people until I joined a clan. But, he claims that I dashboard to have good stats, probably because he can't do it and so he thinks it's illegitimate or impossible.

Nice stats there snipingheadshot wish I could get an 8.0 kdr on FFA.

Thanks, but where do you see that I have an 8 KD, and in FFA? I know that elite is pretty messed up, but I've never even played FFA.

I'm the first to admit that it's hard to do well/win without a party.

It's even harder to find a match that's not in progress, let alone one in progress that's not a losing game.

I don't play with a party too often, usually it's a rarity... My W/L is usually never positive because of the shittiness of matchmaking. "Looks like these guys need help, their losing the game horribly and are missing 4 people, let's drop this random guy into the game so he can help play target practice for the enemy team *trollface*"

Every damn day. That's why I just ignore the team based games most of the times and go straight to Free For All.

It's even harder to find a match that's not in progress, let alone one in progress that's not a losing game. "Looks like these guys need help, their losing the game horribly and are missing 4 people, let's drop this random guy into the game so he can help play target practice for the enemy team *trollface*"

Exactly my feelings.

Spawn trapping is just as bad as camping. It is essentially camping except you are not in a corner waiting on another player to run by you are out in the open not having to WORRY about somebody coming from behind you standing in one spot (camping) waiting on one of the other players to run out of their spawn . At least regular campers have to watch their back occasionally. And it doesn't make you a bad player if you get spawn trapped. I have been spawn trapped a few times only on mission and no matter how good you are you can't get out of that spawn just back out and play the next match.

We aren't glitching, we are just taking advantage of the way the game plays.

Thats the dumbest thing I've heard in a while