45 lever action rifle glitch, 2.5k kills recommendation

here are some recommendation for the 2500 kills achievement:

Like the guide says, play on lab rats. It's small and east to learn the spawn points. I had a circular course I would follow to find the other player.

Use the 45 lever rifle. To equip it, press LB at the lobby screen and select your 45 lever rifle. Make sure that the player who will be dying has it equipped as the primary outfit so you can pick up more ammo.

Damage in this game seems random, even with headshots. I found that one shot head shots could be attained by aiming at the back of the head, especially at the medula oblongata (for those who are neurologist marksman ^^).

If doing that takes too much time to aim, try this. As you approach your target, fire your first shot from the hip. Then immediately press x to reload. Now start pulling the trigger as fast as you can, as the rifle is now semi automatic as opposed to single shot. After you kill the opposing player, start spamming reload as you start to anticipate where the next spawn will be. In order for the glitch to work, the rifle magazine must be at full capacity. If not, the rifle will perform in single action like it's supposed to. Make sure to pick up ammo once in a while from the dead player. You will lose ammo pretty fast doing this method. If you happen to forget to reload and you have already located your target, I recommend that you transition to your 1911 pistol and kill him. Then transition back and reload while you're searching for your target again.

I don't really remember how many hours it took me to do this. I had two xboxes with the TVs next to each other so I knew where the other player was and I didn't boost with anyone. I got it down to 100 kills per 22 minutes. Of course, it will take longer boosting with someone else and not knowing where they are unless you use good communication. It was a struggle to stay attentive. Not looking forward to the seriously achievements in gears of war and lost planet... >_<

Hope this helps out.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, quicker way still, imo, to do the 2500 kills, right you want to stand at the bottom of the stairs which across the hall from the bottom there is a dor way to the 'comupter room'. Just stand in the corner here with a sniper rifle and run your 2nd xbox player to you, all the spawns are relatively close and doing this reducces the chances of just missing a person and going round the whole level to get back to yourself. Make sur ethe 2nd player is also carrying a sniper as you will need to refill a copuple of times, also it's best for the 2nd person to pick the guy with the white shir so he's easy to spot from far away, most cases the spawn will lead him to the corridor and you can 1 shot kill him from when he just gets in the corridor. I was managing to get around 150 kills per half hour while watching DVDs at the same time! (I have done this twice for both the german and UK versions and imo this is as quick as you can get :) )

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Older post, I know...

2.5 is worst achievements ever... and i think its only ranked kills so you couldnt use a 2nd controller

ah, that's a good thought. does anyone know if the kills are obtainable with two controllers?

Rotary and Frankie are talking about 2 Xboxes, not 2 Controllers. I just tried with 2 controllers just to verify the question and it won't even go into multiplayer, period.

So no Ranked or Player matches on split screen.

• 4 weeks later...