I hate the inventory system

cleric_80

I had an AWESOME shotgun... amazing damage, super accurate. only downside is it only loaded 2 shells at a time. But it was so awesome I didn't care.

Anyways I was unloading a ton of loot from a few side missions to open up spacein my backpack. And I accidentally unloaded my shotty.

I didn't realize until the next mission but I was cool b/c you can buy everything you sell back. So I go to the buyback option of the machine I sold it in (& every surrounding machine) and they were all empty!!!

we can't get a trunk or something by the bounty boards we can stash stuff in? I mean COME ON!!!

I had an AWESOME shotgun... amazing damage, super accurate. only downside is it only loaded 2 shells at a time. But it was so awesome I didn't care.

Anyways I was unloading a ton of loot from a few side missions to open up spacein my backpack. And I accidentally unloaded my shotty.

I didn't realize until the next mission but I was cool b/c you can buy everything you sell back. So I go to the buyback option of the machine I sold it in (& every surrounding machine) and they were all empty!!!

we can't get a trunk or something by the bounty boards we can stash stuff in? I mean COME ON!!!

...watch what you sell?

I hear this isn't the first game to have the features "player inventory" and "selling shit to vendors"

don't hate on borderlands because you can't grasp basic concepts like, maybe, watching what items you sell when in the sell tab.

I hear this isn't the first game to have the features "player inventory" and "selling shit to vendors"

don't hate on borderlands because you can't grasp basic concepts like, maybe, watching what items you sell when in the sell tab.

well I'm not the typical RPG player myself & the last RPG I played (fallout 3) everything I sold to ppl they kept for as long as I can remember.

They didn't buy it from me then purge their entire "bought from player" section 2 minutes later.

And for the record I'm not saying it's the game's fault I lost my shotty. I was merely stating that I'd like to have the option to store weapons somewhere that they won't take up space in my inventory or just effing disappear from the store. Something like Resident Evil or something...

Edited by cleric_80

I think it would be a good idea to have a chest to stash weapons in. I a collector of weapons when i play my rpgs and try to keep rare weapons.. But in this game i really cant since you can only carry so much..

Would be a neat little perk for the game to just be able to collect weapons and stuff specially when you start making them.

^ QFT. I'd also like to add that there should be a safehouse or something where you can replenish your health for free or at least put a dollar amount on it. I don't want just partial health packs and small loot drops when I need the full thing.

Edited by NickelNine20

^ QFT. I'd also like to add that there should be a safehouse or something where you can replenish your health for free or at least put a dollar amount on it. I don't want just partial health packs and small loot drops when I need the full thing.

Use a health regenrating shield.

I have 2 shields, one with high capacity and fast recharging, and a health regenrating one which I put one after a battle until my health is full, then switch back to my main one.

i think the whole idea of the game is to sell these weapons asap, there's a challenge that gives u 20k xp for reaching 9.999.999 gold, so selling fast gets u there eventually, what bugs me most is that u hardly find weapons of ur lvl, im lvl 25 now and i ussualy find weapons around lvl 16-20... i could be so much better if i could use weapons ON lvl 25 OF lvl 25.

there's absolutely no point in stocking up on gear unless u have lower lvl friends that could use some and u want to share with

There's no excuse for a game that's main claim is that it has over a bazillion weapons to NOT have some sort of collection ability outside of your main inventory. You want us to experience as many guns as possible, and then limit the max we can have to 42, including shields, grenade mods, etc?

With the HUGE amount of items in this game and how quickly they become obsolete, a storage system would be 100% useless. Keep track of what you want to keep.

The real gripe is that you may find a super rare gun you don't want to drop or sell and you're stuck carrying it around. I'm lvl 13 and I found a sweet sniper rifle that requires lvl 19, now I'm stuck carrying this lump of crap around until my hands get big enough for it.

I was planning on getting the game tonight or sometime this weekend but this whole weapons limit thing suddenly sounds slightly annoying. Good points from both sides on this issue. I was hoping for a huge personal arsenal of weapons but now I'm sure I'd find certain ones that work for me while leveling up and stick with them while they were helpful. However, finding a sweet gun early on and not being able to use it for a while? That doesn't seem right. I'm sure I'll pick the game up but a 'bazillion guns' sounds more like a marketing deception instead of the gaming goodness I perceived it as.

You level up so fast and outgrow guns, there really isnt a need for some safe. Once you get 42 storage you should be around level 35ish and at the end of playthrough 1. There are Snipers, Pistols, Repeater Pistols, Rocket Launchers, Shottys, SMGs, Machine Guns and Alien Guns. Thats 8 classes and each gun has 4 different elements, thats 32 guns(Side note, I havent gotten an Alien gun yet so I don't know if they can also have elemental effects). Leaving room for granades, shields, med kits and class mods.

Are you really going to be proficient with 8 different guns that you will need all 4 elementals effects on one character?

This really only becomes an issue I imagine at level 50, when some of the best loot becomes avail on playthrough+s.

How long will it take you before you find an uber leet irreplacable lvl 50 gun to perma fit that 1/32 spot?

You get new guns all the time, you sell guns all the time, a safe isnt really needed. At level 50 you arent going to pull out that yellow level 16 gun.

You pass by Vending Machines all the time, use that to store em until you get finished with your mission and check out what you sold, buy back what you feel is better. Yea, those don't carry over after you quit, but I havent found inventory really restricting at all.

Edited by Methionine

I do kind of agree that the system is a bit restrictive, but that's mainly because I scavenge every dropped weapon in solo to go sell. If I didn't do that, I'd have no problem with the limited storage capacity, since I don't tend to use more than six guns at a time, and half of these are in the gun slots and don't take up inventory.

I roll with 7-8 weapons at a time myself:

shotty, pistol, 2x sniper (elephant gun & highest power w/ a scope I can find), rocket launcher, 2 energy weapons (infinite ammo): sniper & sniper cannon, & an assault rifle just in case.

I like to have my options for any situation I come across... :)

In addition to my health kits (2-5 depending on what level my character is) but yeah I grab & sell everything I can pick up & when I have 12 slots I can manage but when I sell something by accident & can't get it back 5 minutes later it does piss me off.

I have a private combat arena but I can't have an effing foot locker in a shed in any town I go to & save the inhabitants from a horrible death?

If storing weapons is really that big of an issue, you could always use a second controller to sign into another profile and give the weapons to that character in split screen. It would allow you to save weapons without carrying them. It would probably take about 5 minutes every time you wanted to get to the guns again.