Update 8 June

Last week saw the release of Battlefield Bad Company 2 version 1.03 on the PlayStation 3 worldwide, which you can read about here. An additional update went out in North America to bring the game up to version 1.04. That update will be available in Japan today (June 7th) and in Europe tomorrow (June 8th). Additionally game servers will be updated in each region as the update goes out to everyone.

The following changes are in the 1.04 update of Battlefield Bad Company 2.

o Vehicles can now be damaged by friendly fire when playing Hardcore.

o The MG36 now properly has its red dot sight in Hardcore.

o Damaged vehicles no longer blink on the minimap for soldiers without a powertool.

o SPECACT kits can be used on all SDM and SR levels.

o 40mm Shotgun is now properly rewarded platinum at 500 kills not 1000.

o G3 and Mk14 can now use the AR Marksman specialization.

o Fixed a graphical issue when equipping the GOL with a 4x or Red Dot sight.

o Scoring is now awarded after a player’s death.

o Increased Tickets in Conquest mode and significantly increased Ticket Bleed when holding a majority or more of flags.

o The Conquest Horn now only plays for a short time when running low on Tickets.

o Updated the weapon stats in the Menu to reflect previous weapon balance changes (no additional weapon balance changes were made).

o Increased the power of the UH-60 miniguns at long range.

o Armored Vehicles are now more effective at running over soldiers.

o Fixed an issue on Isla Inocentes where destroying a fence would also destroy the building containing an MCom.

o Fixed various hangs and exploits.

An optional content update for the Xbox 360 will also be available tomorrow (8th June). Though it is optional the update contains numerous gameplay tweaks. As such we highly recommend all players apply the update as soon as it is available. The update will be required to access future VIP Map Pack content. Players will be automatically prompted to download this update when they access the Multiplayer menu. You will need to restart Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for the update to take effect.

A VIP pass is not needed to utilise the update, however a VIP pass is required for access to the upcoming VIP Map Packs. VIP Codes are available through the in game store and inside all new copies of Battlefield Bad Company 2.

Font: http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/batt...0-updates.aspx

Seen these changes from playing on the PS3 at my mates.

That horn sounding only twice is a much better - got bloody annoying when it kept going on.

Tickets for conquest have increased from 150 to 250.

A change that I don't see listed above is the points increase for capturing a flag. It's 150 for a capture and 75 for an assist now.

the first part seems to only apply to the ps3, no where does it say xbox.

Last week saw the release of Battlefield Bad Company 2 version 1.03 on the PlayStation 3 worldwide, which you can read about here. An additional update went out in North America to bring the game up to version 1.04. That update will be available in Japan today (June 7th) and in Europe tomorrow (June 8th). Additionally game servers will be updated in each region as the update goes out to everyone.

The following changes are in the 1.04 update of Battlefield Bad Company 2.

o Vehicles can now be damaged by friendly fire when playing Hardcore.

o The MG36 now properly has its red dot sight in Hardcore.

o Damaged vehicles no longer blink on the minimap for soldiers without a powertool.

o SPECACT kits can be used on all SDM and SR levels.

o 40mm Shotgun is now properly rewarded platinum at 500 kills not 1000.

o G3 and Mk14 can now use the AR Marksman specialization.

o Fixed a graphical issue when equipping the GOL with a 4x or Red Dot sight.

o Scoring is now awarded after a player’s death.

o Increased Tickets in Conquest mode and significantly increased Ticket Bleed when holding a majority or more of flags.

o The Conquest Horn now only plays for a short time when running low on Tickets.

o Updated the weapon stats in the Menu to reflect previous weapon balance changes (no additional weapon balance changes were made).

o Increased the power of the UH-60 miniguns at long range.

o Armored Vehicles are now more effective at running over soldiers.

o Fixed an issue on Isla Inocentes where destroying a fence would also destroy the building containing an MCom.

o Fixed various hangs and exploits.

the second part mentions the xbox, but really doesnt refernece the above fixes. only that it has tweaks. are they the same tweaks as above? why is it only optional?

An optional content update for the Xbox 360 will also be available tomorrow (8th June). Though it is optional the update contains numerous gameplay tweaks. As such we highly recommend all players apply the update as soon as it is available. The update will be required to access future VIP Map Pack content. Players will be automatically prompted to download this update when they access the Multiplayer menu. You will need to restart Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for the update to take effect.

A VIP pass is not needed to utilise the update, however a VIP pass is required for access to the upcoming VIP Map Packs. VIP Codes are available through the in game store and inside all new copies of Battlefield Bad Company 2.

Font: http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/batt...0-updates.aspx

i am confused.

btw, really? green text?

The reason the 360 seems separate is that on the PS3 and the PC the "patch" is well over Microsofts 4MB max size for a patch. So the patch will roll through just like the others, but all of the content will be available in the Bad Company Store for 360 I think. It's an optional free download outside of the patch.

Kind of hard to explain but long story short DICE just needed to release most of the patch in free DLC to get around the size limit. Coming out the same time though.

from the ea uk forums joe grant:

As for 360, the Title Update size is limited. As this update includes additional content for the new Map Packs as well as future updates for the release of Onslaught it would not fit into the allowed TU update size, hence it becoming an optional download. We do recommend everyone update - however if you don't you can still play. The downside is that if you do not update and your friends do your data versions will mismatch and this will limit your games against them.

even more from joe:

You are confusing even me now!

Please, don't refer to the Xbox 360 patch as 1.03, or 1.04. These numbers suggest something came "before". ie there was a 1.02.

360 Patching is handled differently to PS3. It does not follow the same naming convention when we deliver content. 360 has had Title Updates recently, none of this confusion happened then and no threads appeared from PS3 users asking why they didnt get one (well not to this extent).

As I have said - Xbox 360 will get an Optional Multiplayer Update 1. When this releases it will contain some changes. I didn't note, and I will now, that in addition to this a new server configuration will GO LIVE at the same time the Update is on. Those who paid attention would have seen that I said if you do not update you can still play, but on different servers to those who have the update. This is because of the server side fixes that will occur, as they did for the PS3 owners.

All of this is on going work.

As to why we don't list fixes, we fix things the majority of the community is unaware of. We are not currently in a position to announce these fixes that may lead to potential exploits before we deploy the fix. Imagine a company telling you "next week we will fix a security update that lets people read your credit card details when they are transmitted across the internet if they visit a certain web page". There would be panic. So we dont http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/images/smilies/smile.gif

In summary - yes, 360 will have a server update as well. If you chose not to download the optional update, you will play on the older server configuration.

Edit: And no, there is no security update taking place.... So don't think I am saying there is.

it seems, though they dont call it this, xbox users will get the 1.03 update ps3 user got, and will have to wait for 1.04.

There's too much confusion here. As 360 players we aren't missing out on anything. The update that went out to PS3 as 1.04 or whatever you want to call it is coming to us as well. It's not a Title Update though because the size it too big. It's an optional mutliplayer download that in turn updates your game.

Remember the one time DICE rolled out an update and everyone was asking where is the prompt for an update on my XBOX? It's the same thing. It's a download for the content, and the update is rolling out onto the servers we are connecting to.

even more from joe:

it seems, though they dont call it this, xbox users will get the 1.03 update ps3 user got, and will have to wait for 1.04.

No. What he said was not to pay any attention to the numbers (1.02, 1.03, 1.04, etc.). He said flat out that PS3 and 360's patching systems are handled differently and named accordingly. And basically said 360 users seem to be dumb since PS3 users don't ask that question much or nearly as much as 360 users.

Please fix the AN-94....................tried of that guns power!!!!!!!!

Is the AN-94 actually more powerful than it should be? It seems like I get killed by that gun the most out of anything...I always thought it was because people like the burst rather than automatic fire...but is it actually OP?

The GOL fix is very appreciated. Basically what it was, was that a thin or thick (random widths) black line would be drawn from the tip of the gun to some arbitrary point on your soldier, so it's like if your gun had a shoulder strap on it that kept getting in front of your eyes. It was very distracting. I didn't think they'd actually fix it, so I'm quite pleased.

Is the AN-94 actually more powerful than it should be? It seems like I get killed by that gun the most out of anything...I always thought it was because people like the burst rather than automatic fire...but is it actually OP?

Hell yeah, that gun is the only Assault that I can't beat in a fair gun fight. According to this web page, the AN has the highest damage of any AR with in 20 meters.

Of course that is suppose to off set the 2 burst action of the gun, but since the gun shoots as fast as you can pull the trigger, you end up with M60 power at UZI fire rates!!!!!!

That gun needs to be lowered or have a limit put on how fast gun responses to multiple trigger pulls.............

Hell yeah, that gun is the only Assault that I can't beat in a fair gun fight. According to this web page, the AN has the highest damage of any AR with in 20 meters.

Of course that is suppose to off set the 2 burst action of the gun, but since the gun shoots as fast as you can pull the trigger, you end up with M60 power at UZI fire rates!!!!!!

That gun needs to be lowered or have a limit put on how fast gun responses to multiple trigger pulls.............

Hmm...I didn't know this. No wonder I get killed by it so often. I tried it a couple of times but couldn't get used to the burst fire...maybe now this'll be incentive enough for me to give it another go ;)

Really?????

I'm deleting my posts, I hate that gun.................. I don't wanna sale more people to using that zero skill quiff gun.:(

But reading that page tells me alot about guns I used to consider inferior are now being used more and actually killing me more. And others way less.

The AEK is basically a Full auto M16 with the 16's drop in long range damage. The 9a-91 and T88 are other guns that are alot better now.

Edited by Anji