Stage 5 enemy help

Richters Shadow

Does anyone have any pointers on how to defeat the various enemy types on this level? I seem to get a pounding all the time. I am trying to get the no deaths achievement, so retaining life is a must.

I am currently at the man with the knives. I can beat him, but my health ends up in the last couple of blocks - which I do not want.

Any tips would be helpful. Youtube vids only seem to be for the last boss!

Does anyone have any pointers on how to defeat the various enemy types on this level? I seem to get a pounding all the time. I am trying to get the no deaths achievement, so retaining life is a must.

I am currently at the man with the knives. I can beat him, but my health ends up in the last couple of blocks - which I do not want.

Any tips would be helpful. Youtube vids only seem to be for the last boss!

Well I wouldn't worry about your health because as soon as you beat the "man with knives" and go through the door there is a full health pick-up in the next room. That goes for all the boss doors after beating each boss you'll get full health again. Also I'll be doing hard playthrough vids for all the levels so, hopefully that will help you with the various boss battles etc...

• 3 weeks later...
Is thee any hidden depth to the combat? So far it seems to be all about either getting a drop attack on an enemy or just mashing the attack button. It doesn't feel very Japanese, they tend to have some sort of timing related defensive mechanic.

No real depth at all. Arcade mode is all about charge attack/dodge and that's it. It's pretty boring after you make few attempts. Practice mode is pointless, since is only up to hard difficulty (arcade mode is much more challenging with more and faster enemies, different placements etc).

Great presentation, but really forgettable game.

Edited by sepulturas666

No real depth at all. Arcade mode is all about charge attack/dodge and that's it. It's pretty boring after you make few attempts. Practice mode is pointless, since is only up to hard difficulty (arcade mode is much more challenging with more and faster enemies, different placements etc).

Great presentation, but really forgettable game.

That's unfortunate, I can't really muster the energy to play the game now. I figured it would get better eventually. Even the collectables are worthless.