Alternate method for Mushroom-Fueled Excess Achievement

tylerh1701

For whatever reason (Mango update, me not following directions well, something else) I was not able to get the regenerating mushroom trick to work. I had already used my free mushroom pack and didn't want to pay for another one. Here's what I did to get the Mushroom-Fueled Excess achievement:

When you're in a level and click on the mushroom bar, it pops up and has a timer and the options to buy more mushroom packs. You get an extra mushroom every time that timer hits zero. This timer counts down weather you're playing the game or not.

So once you have ten mushrooms, go into a level a click the mushroom bar and see what the timer says. For example, it may say 2:00:00 (2 hours). Just quit the game and set a timer/alarm to alert you in 1 hour 55 minutes or so. Open the game back up and go to level 2-8. Your timer should be at about 5 minutes, so use the boulder power up to kill the bird, then use 2 more powerups as well. Wait for the timer to hit 0 and you'll get a new mushroom. Now use your last powerup and then beat the level to get the achievement.

Credit to Yip Yoo's guide where I got a lot of this strategy.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
For whatever reason (Mango update, me not following directions well, something else) I was not able to get the regenerating mushroom trick to work. I had already used my free mushroom pack and didn't want to pay for another one. Here's what I did to get the Mushroom-Fueled Excess achievement:

When you're in a level and click on the mushroom bar, it pops up and has a timer and the options to buy more mushroom packs. You get an extra mushroom every time that timer hits zero. This timer counts down weather you're playing the game or not.

So once you have ten mushrooms, go into a level a click the mushroom bar and see what the timer says. For example, it may say 2:00:00 (2 hours). Just quit the game and set a timer/alarm to alert you in 1 hour 55 minutes or so. Open the game back up and go to level 2-8. Your timer should be at about 5 minutes, so use the boulder power up to kill the bird, then use 2 more powerups as well. Wait for the timer to hit 0 and you'll get a new mushroom. Now use your last powerup and then beat the level to get the achievement.

Credit to Yip Yoo's guide where I got a lot of this strategy.

Thank you. I didn't need to do this method even after the update. I just tried what the guide mentioned, change the time every two hours and play and the mushrooms kept adding up.

• 1 month later...