Interceptions

Scurvy Curr

These interception achievements are driving me nutz. I have 4 gutter runners all with catch, pass block, long legs and extra arms. In turn-based mode I cant get the other team to throw more than once and in real-time mode the other team just keeps running the ball. I have played against all of the wood elf teams. My best match was against The Arrows and I only got 2 interceptions with two different rats. I guess i just have to keep trying until i get lucky.

Stupid AI and their trick dice!

I got lucky I guess. When I did the Interception achievements, I was also playing against one of the Wood Elf teams, with Gutter Runners set up like yours. Try to kick first, and leave some space for one of the enemy recievers to run through. When the thrower goes for the pass, make your interception. Assuming you catch it, use the free aim (Y, I think) to throw the ball to a space one or two behind the thrower. He should pick it up, then try to pass again. Repeat twice with the same rat for the achievement.

I didnt know there was a free throw with the Y button! Ive spent hours getting one interception and then failing to get a 2nd setup before the game ended. That TOTALLY will change my tactic haha.

Thanks DeadSpace!

Edit: finally got them after hours of trying. That was not easy.

Edited by Scurvy Curr

• 4 weeks later...
You can throw the ball only once per turn.

I meant to say that they would opt to run the ball instead. They would only tend to throw the ball once per game. I just had to rework my defense to force them to pass. Its all in the past now...bye bye blood bowl!

• 7 months later...