Walkthrough/Guide (Spoilers)

Here is a link to the PC version of the game which will get you on the way to 1000g :woop: (I found it hidden away in the Discussion thread)

NOTE - IT WILL INCLUDE SPOILERS SO USE AS YOU SEE FIT

http://www.gameboomers.com/wtcheats/pcSs/SH6/SH6.htm

(Thanks to Mangoose for finding/posting the link)

Please check the Achievement Discussion thread for a few side notes on possible achievements that COULD be missed

The guide itself has all the achievements, although for the PC version, they are called "Honours".

Going through the walkthrough and based on other people's comments, it seems that the following are missable:

Pea-Souper

A Very Fine Loafer

The Holmesian

Blackmailer

The Brain

I found this guide using google as i was stuck on a puzzle!! :)

I used the guide and still didn't get THE BRAIN achievement :mad:.... any ideas mate as I see you have full 1000g now

It might help to know also how many puzzles there are in the game. There might be somewhere that doesn't seem like a puzzle yet it is and vice versa.

So far from the guide, I found (using CTRL-F):

The Chessboard

The Chest-safe

Jenny's locker

Alarm on the prison doors

Grave box

Electric box

Farley's office (deduction board)

Roman Numeral box

Fraternity name puzzle

Chest inside Judge Beckett's secret room

Grate in the sewer mechanism

Animal puzzle

Work shed padlock

Merry-go-round control panel

Planted bombs puzzle around the carousel

Are all these considered puzzles? Are there any more?

Can someone list all of the missible achievements and how to obtain them?

You are best reading the other threads and following the guide

That said, I along with others still didn't get achievements but that's down to the game being a bit glitchy in places I'm afraid and a 2nd run through may be required :(

missable are

a very fine Loafer: speak to a load of people in whitechapple before going to where you are supposed to.

Homesian: Check out all objects in Holmes house - can be done in a few places but i missed the fishing line above Watsons room on 1st sweep.

Blackmailer - 3 conversations where you must choose a blackmail option - separate thread on this.

The Brain - do all puzzles ie no skipping, i got this but others did not.

Pea Souper- use the LT hint button 15 times (very easy). hit LT and then it will flash where to go or DING when you are by what you need.

Edited by burnoutbabe
changed the names around to correct ones.

missable are

Pea Soup: speak to a load of people in whitechapple before going to where you are supposed to.

Homesean: Check out all objects in Holmes house - can be done in a few places but i missed the fishing line above Watsons room on 1st sweep.

Blackmail - 3 conversations where you must choose a blackmail option - separate thread on this.

The Brain - do all puzzles ie no skipping, i got this but others did not.

Lofian - use the LT hint button 15 times (very easy). hit LT and then it will flash where to go or DING when you are by what you need.

(I may have Lofian and pea souper the wrong way round)

The least you could do is get the damn achievement names right... ;)

And yes, you have "Lofian" and "Pea Soup" mixed up.

As I said in post #3 of this very thread, the missable achievements (with the correct spellings) are:

The guide itself has all the achievements, although for the PC version, they are called "Honours".

Going through the walkthrough and based on other people's comments, it seems that the following are missable:

Pea-Souper

A Very Fine Loafer

The Holmesian

Blackmailer

The Brain

And as IEvil IMonkey stated two posts up, if you follow the walkthrough, you will get everything. But, some people are having trouble unlocking "The Brain", which is why I listed all the puzzles in the walkthrough (post #7) and asked if that was all of them. Nobody's replied yet.

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

just saying "use the walkthrough" isn't that helpful as lots of people want to solve it themselves BUT know they have not missed the missable achievements so just want to know when they will come up and what they need to do to not miss them.

So you want us to guide you through the parts that are missable :confused:

That kinda goes against you doing it yourself

Why not just play it and get whatever score you can from it then if you don't want to use the guide as doing this (or using the guide) still doesn't mean they will unlock at all anyway as its a bit glitchy :(

Guys, how long it takes to get the full 1000G??

I used the guide and it took me 10hours

You're looking around 20hours if you want to do it yourself but as I stated above some achievements maynot unlock so you would still need a 2nd playthrough to get the full 1000g

So you want us to guide you through the parts that are missable :confused:

That kinda goes against you doing it yourself

Why not just play it and get whatever score you can from it then if you don't want to use the guide as doing this (or using the guide) still doesn't mean they will unlock at all anyway as its a bit glitchy :(

I used the guide and it took me 10hours

You're looking around 20hours if you want to do it yourself but as I stated above some achievements maynot unlock so you would still need a 2nd playthrough to get the full 1000g

Thank you very much, friend.

Guess I´ll just do it with a guide, too much to play and too little time.

i did follow the walkthrough, i only missed one achievement, called the holmesian.

in the guide, they say to touch something above the fireplace, some letters and you can not touch anything at that point, so this must be done earlier in the game.

every other achievement is in the right order of the guide.

the letters the guide refers to later on in the game, are in the beginning of the game, the first time you check in at holmes' house, you can check the letters on top of the fireplace.

once you come back from the judges house, you can check the letters another time, but it isn't what i hoped, because i have played the game twice until the point the guide says that you should get the achievement, but still nothing....

i got the last one:

typewriter in watsons room

bust in holmes' room

letters on top of fireplace

harpoon above watsons door

Edited by dutchy

The guide for the colored ball chest inside Judge Beckett's secret room does not give any specific description on how to complete this puzzle. Instead, it says you have the option to skip it if you want. Obviously, if you are going for "The Brain" achievement this is not an option. Since it looks like the puzzle starts of the same each time (and you can restart it anytime from the beginning) does anyone know of a definitive solution for this puzzle? Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...