Leaderboard hacking or just ridiculously ridiculous?

Since this game had no other feature to keep me entertained besides the leaderboard after the actual missions, I kinda went off the deep end and succumbed to the one up fest. What do you guys think of the guys who got 2 million points on lvl 1 co-op and lvl 1 sternguard? I really don't see how they could've done it....

i noticed on the first level that enemies just keep coming at the point where you have to stand on the 4 switches. they were spawning right in front of me, just popping into existence on the ramp up to the switches. itd take forever, unless the orcs at the bottom keep coming too, but you could use that to get insane scores.

or theyve just figured out a legitimate way of scoring mega points..

There's a couple of places in level 1 where enemies spawn until you progress. One being the place mentioned above. Also when the turrets are active outside the door, enemies continually spawn then too.

I managed to get 1.3mil points on level 3 co-op just but tearing through the enemies right at the end. Unending swarm with loads of enemies and tonnes of points. Put yourself as a Vanguard Veteran and combine that with a Techmarine or Sternguard and you'll rack up points in no time.

Theoretically you can get as many points as you want on any level with an infinite spawn, which I believe at least three of them have. It's just a matter of how long you're willing to farm points.

Yeah, I've tried a few of those places. Most of them aren't actually infinite spawns. They just spawn for a certain amount of waves. Albeit, there are a lot of those waves, but they're still finite and not really worth the amount of points given. W/e. :)

yea i have gotten to the point now adays that i wont pay too much attention to leaderboards. so much glitching and people willing to "pause their game for days to continue and infinit spawn"

i remember this one kid who was playing midnight club (or some racing game) that had a leader board for most car destructions, so what he was doing is sitting next to the beach driving into the water, respawning, driving in again, etc., etc. etc.!!!!!

i dont pay attention to global leaderboards anymore. i just try to best my friends!

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, I manage to get to Score 42 ( Muppet May Cry) ina a stage, without playing the game for hours, or even pausing or anything.

In stage 3( minelayer) use a Sternguard veteran ( the one that shoot a lot), and select Power Charge +25% and power Special +25%, at the last seen when you have to run to the other teleporter, just keep firing, your special power will fill almost Instantly and never stop :), once you are getting overwhelmed, run to the teleporter. I just did it once, I'm not interested in being Nº1

• 2 months later...

:wtf I just got my gold aquila for the chem-gen survival and looked at the Leaderboards to see who was first and what times they did it in to see if it was worth going for... Theres NO CHANCE I'm gonna do it...

1st & 2nd Times are 35791394:07:00 = min/sec/hsec = 596523 Hours = 24855 Days = 3550 weeks = 68 months = 5.7 years.

there is no way in hell that this is a true time, unless i made a calculation error, but i tripple checked.

To NAME & SHAME the gamers: Twis7edDeamon & Exiled 0sedax.

Aslo: Exiled 0sedax had the same times for ALL survivor Challenges

Edited by DigitALxBullets

• 6 months later...
:wtf I just got my gold aquila for the chem-gen survival and looked at the Leaderboards to see who was first and what times they did it in to see if it was worth going for... Theres NO CHANCE I'm gonna do it...

1st & 2nd Times are 35791394:07:00 = min/sec/hsec = 596523 Hours = 24855 Days = 3550 weeks = 68 months = 5.7 years.

there is no way in hell that this is a true time, unless i made a calculation error, but i tripple checked.

To NAME & SHAME the gamers: Twis7edDemon & Exiled 0sedax.

Aslo: Exiled 0sedax had the same times for ALL survivor Challenges

Defiantly a case of leader board hacking.

Twis7edDemon for certain has a modified gamer-score as well. (No I'm not just guessing check the achievements Twis7edDemon's AC:Brotherhood is an excellent example - you'll have to look to the bottom of the list.)

I think the other one is too from the funky ordering of the achievements in a few games. I'm not certain on that one though.

• 1 month later...

you were right until the weeks => months part. you divided by 52 which would have come to 68 years, not months (should divide by ~4 if you wanted months). so they spend 68 years playing the game to get the high score. seems legit

• 1 month later...
you were right until the weeks => months part. you divided by 52 which would have come to 68 years, not months (should divide by ~4 if you wanted months). so they spend 68 years playing the game to get the high score. seems legit

68 years...lmao

That's...one hell of a long firefight.

99% of the time, public leaderboards on xbox live are modded/hacked. Rarely have I ever seen MS do anything about the blatant cheaters tho :\