Here's what you get from importing your saves

one84

Check this link:

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/1338/cross-save-in-borderlands-the-handsome-collection

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you transfer your save, here’s what comes along with it:

-Character level and all mission progress

-Badass Points (all of these will transfer, but you’ll get to re-spend them)

-Backpack inventory

-Weapon slots

-Cash and Eridum/Moonstones

-All unlocked character customizations (heads/skins) ***note that customizations obtained from Telltale’s Poker Night 2 will be added in a patch following launch***

-Items stored in the bank in Sanctuary

-Note that items stored in Claptrap’s Secret Stash in Borderlands 2 will NOT transfer along with your save, so be sure to move anything you can’t live without to the bank. Trophies and Achievements will also not transfer over and will need to be re-earned.

Your Golden Key balance will also not transfer. However, as a reward for playing Borderlands 2 and/or Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, all players will receive the following bonuses upon signing into SHiFT in The Handsome Collection for the first time:

Borderlands 2

75 Golden Keys

A healthy chunk of Badass Rank

Bonus character customizations

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

75 Golden Keys

A healthy chunk of Badass Rank

Bonus unique weapons and character customizations

Note: These bonus Badass points can only be earned once and are redeemed instantly upon entering the game. We recommend using the Cross/Cloud Save functionality prior to starting a game in The Handsome Collection to transfer over your account’s Badass Rank. This will ensure that bonus Rank is awarded in addition to existing Badass Rank.

but I cannot even start a new game with my high level character

so not sure why I even needed to transfer it over

I select my character then select new game, then it starts me at level 1 no matter what I do

Can anybody confirm this? Cuz it would really be lame transferring your powered up characters with all your collected gear if you have to begin at level 1 again when you start a new game. I have full GS at the original game so there are no missions or whatsoever left to do anymore. so in order to earn most of the cheevos I HAVE to start a new game..

As lighthouse said, where's the point then? Basically we're being punished for having put that much time and effort in the game already.. well then, great work gearbox!

Edited by Seth Gecko

there is a guy on my friendlist who is on the handsome collection with a level 72 character.

are you guys clicking new game? doesnt work like that i believe ultimate vault hunter difficulty was the only difficulty that lets you reset story progress to start a new game. i cant remember how you do that tho i think you pressed X on the character when selecting your character save.

but yeah clicking new game always started a new character as far as i remember

there is a guy on my friendlist who is on the handsome collection with a level 72 character.

are you guys clicking new game? doesnt work like that i believe ultimate vault hunter difficulty was the only difficulty that lets you reset story progress to start a new game. i cant remember how you do that tho i think you pressed X on the character when selecting your character save.

but yeah clicking new game always started a new character as far as i remember

Hmmm maybe I'll mess with it a little more. Thanks.

Guys, I just checked it out and can hereby confirm that you can only reset story progress in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode by pressing (Y) in the selection screen.. But I think whenever you do so, all challenges get reset to zero, too, cuz I remeber having reset my progress before and now I have to kill Jenkins again.. whatever, Doctor's Orders FTW! hope this clears things up a bit..

Guys, I just checked it out and can hereby confirm that you can only reset story progress in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode by pressing (Y) in the selection screen.. But I think whenever you do so, all challenges get reset to zero, too, cuz I remeber having reset my progress before and now I have to kill Jenkins again.. whatever, Doctor's Orders FTW! hope this clears things up a bit..

i dont remember challenges resetting i used to restart UVH mode all the time. challenges only reset when you made new character.

unless the handsome collection itself is what is resetting the challenges?

You are essentially importing your game save from 360 so you're picking up where you left off, not starting a new story with the same character. If you click New Game, it starts a new character.

And I haven't tried anything yet with Ultimate Vault Hunter so I'm not sure about starting that over.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
i may have to get this so me and the girlfriend can play always had good time playing this hope the framerate is better on the one/

The framerate on both are pretty solid, though TPS does tend to bog down a little bit, and a bit more than BL2.

Just picked this up, 360 saves are long gone, but I got 77 keys and 111 badass tokens. Pretty happy with that, leveling doesn't take THAT long, although I had 3 72s and 3 50-ish previously....

• 4 months later...