No Russian - WTF!

jtr1gg3r

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You were an american spy, you killed the civvies to not blow your cover and to get close to the guy, but he knew you were american. He shot you at the end so they find the body of an american at the airport and all the russians think the americans attacked them so it causes WW3.

It's only a game. Did you feel the same way when you were killing civilians in GTA 4 or Saint's Row 2? I doubt that. It was pretty important to the story and you weren't exactly forced to play it. Just grow up.

Dude, chill out. Even though you and I were not offended by this level, you should realize that some people find this sort of scene in a movie or game to be overly offensive. This is no reason to insult someone.

Who makes up a mission about being a terrorist and going through an airport shooting civillians. And at the end, you get shot in the face, just seems pretty pointless to me.

You just answered your own question. If you had paid attention, the Russian states that he knew you were undercover, and in the next opening sequence Soap talks about how Russia is bordering on war with America because of the attack, which, again, was set up to look Americans did it.

It's why the mission's called "No Russian" - the gang was told at the start not to speak Russian.. it was a set-up.

It's only a game. Did you feel the same way when you were killing civilians in GTA 4 or Saint's Row 2? I doubt that. It was pretty important to the story and you weren't exactly forced to play it. Just grow up.

Im not offended too much by it, but I just think its totally fucked up lol, you wouldnt like it if that shit happened for real

OMFG, just did the No Russian mission... that is fucked up!

Who makes up a mission about being a terrorist and going through an airport shooting civillians. And at the end, you get shot in the face, just seems pretty pointless to me. Oh well, i dont care as long as I have multiplayer

That mission, disturbing as it is, is a key plot point.

That level was epic and very controversial, it adds a lot of uniqueness to the game. I'm glad they created that level, not offended by it at all. It is just a game, a game that was created and intended for adults not children.

You know what I'm offended by? On the mission Loose Ends when you are defending the computer in the house, if you go upstairs in the bathroom (I think,) there is a teddy bear pinned to the wall by a knife impaled through it's head.

Haha, I loved seeing that teddy bear up there.

Just to let everybody know I dont think the killing civillians part is offensive, because as people say you do it in GTA and other games. The reason I think its fucked up is because its a TERRORIST attack and the way its carried out, I just think its a bit dodgy

How many movies have that exact same plot? It's the same view of the sensationalist media.. it's damaging our kids, destroying morals, etc, etc, yet books and films get away with the same thing day-in, day-out.

I bet the same people moaning about this thought The Dark Knight was the best movie ever.

Because killing an airport full of anonymous video game characters is so much worse than having two boats full of innocent, REAL (albeit actors) people and a bunch of explosives.

Nobody batted an eyelid at that did they? Apart from Batman of course.

Dude, chill out. Even though you and I were not offended by this level, you should realize that some people find this sort of scene in a movie or game to be overly offensive. This is no reason to insult someone.

I get what your point is. But the game is based upon war scenes, so you have to expect a certain degree of excessive violence. As well as the mature/restricted ratings given out to each region across the world. The game also says at the start that a certain mission may be offensive to some people, and if they want to skip it or not.

There's just some things that are meant to be exaggerated to enhance the plot, as many people before me have already explained why.

OMFG, just did the No Russian mission... that is fucked up!

Who makes up a mission about being a terrorist and going through an airport shooting civillians. And at the end, you get shot in the face, just seems pretty pointless to me. Oh well, i dont care as long as I have multiplayer

guess the next time you see an option to skip the offensive content you'll take them up on the offer.

You actually make an extremely valid point there, and I can sincerely say that I for one didn't mind killing civilians on GTA IV or Saint's Row 2. :p Just a part of the game, and IW can do whatever they want with their campaign especially when they give you a warning about the level at the start. Anyone with the smallest bit of wit should understand it is a level in a campaign, on a video game...

I am detecting serious trolling in regards to TC's behavior.

It gave you an option to not play, just don't play it, Jesus.

Also, so many stupid points in this topic:

Im not offended too much by it, but I just think its totally fucked up lol, you wouldnt like it if that shit happened for real

Game =/= real life. Grow the fuck up. If you wanna argue a point, don't bring up real life, it's the lamest point you could bring up.

Just to let everybody know I dont think the killing civillians part is offensive, because as people say you do it in GTA and other games. The reason I think its fucked up is because its a TERRORIST attack and the way its carried out, I just think its a bit dodgy

Please don't pay any attention to the story at all. /sarcasm

Contrary to your belief, this mission is NOT a terrorist attack. Far from it. The people killing the civilians are Russian (note people, not terrorists). The airport in which they are killing civilians is in Russia. Attacking your own country =/= terrorist attack. The whole point was to frame America for an attack. That's why they killed you, as you were American, and the finding of an American person who is perceived soon after to be a terrorist would give Russia a reason to attack America, which is what this whole mission is about. At the start Makarov sais "Remember, No Russian" in which he means to not speak Russian as to blow their cover.

In no way was this attack a terrorist attack.

If anything, the killing of Russian soldiers should be more offensive, as they are trying to defend their countries rights and not be forced under American control, but you killing these soldiers who are fighting for what they believe in is ruining it for them. I sincerely doubt those virtual civilians could care less about their country.

Edited by Lordvader178

The game wouldn't flow without it, it's a much needed part of the plot. I think it's actually a well done level, despite the massive amounts of violence. It gets you more involved in the story, especially with the betrayal at the end of the level, it shows just how carefully Makarov has thought through the plan.

I am detecting serious trolling in regards to TC's behavior.

It gave you an option to not play, just don't play it, Jesus.

Also, so many stupid points in this topic:

Game =/= real life. Grow the fuck up. If you wanna argue a point, don't bring up real life, it's the lamest point you could bring up.

Please don't pay any attention to the story at all. /sarcasm

Contrary to your belief, this mission is NOT a terrorist attack. Far from it. The people killing the civilians are Russian (note people, not terrorists). The airport in which they are killing civilians is in Russia. Attacking your own country =/= terrorist attack. The whole point was to frame America for an attack. That's why they killed you, as you were American, and the finding of an American person who is perceived soon after to be a terrorist would give Russia a reason to attack America, which is what this whole mission is about. At the start Makarov sais "Remember, No Russian" in which he means to not speak Russian as to blow their cover.

In no way was this attack a terrorist attack.

If anything, the killing of Russian soldiers should be more offensive, as they are trying to defend their countries rights and not be forced under American control, but you killing these soldiers who are fighting for what they believe in is ruining it for them. I sincerely doubt those virtual civilians could care less about their country.

JESUS, CHILL OUT! I just think its a bit offensive to people, who have had their family/friends killed in that way. Everybody who is saying its just a game, I agree. It's a great game, and a good mission and the pivotal part of the story, I just think its fucked up, and anyone who doesnt think this mission, isnt the slightest little tiny bit fucked up then you are just morally wrong.

This was one of my favorite missions. The whole aspect of you walking through an airport killing everything that moves is just fun. I didn't find it disturbing, because it's a game. You need to remember that movies and games are FAKE and never HAPPENED. (Except the ones based off of true events, of course)

JESUS, CHILL OUT! I just think its a bit offensive to people, who have had their family/friends killed in that way. Everybody who is saying its just a game, I agree. It's a great game, and a good mission and the pivotal part of the story, I just think its fucked up, and anyone who doesnt think this mission, isnt the slightest little tiny bit fucked up then you are just morally wrong.

I don't ever recall in the history of mankind a group of people walking through an airport killing everyone, do you? So, just because we don't find pixels "fucked up" we are morally wrong? Really? You're killing PIXELS WITH PIXELS. How on EARTH is that fucked up? Someone making a game based off 9/11 and flying a plane into the towers is fucked up. Stuff that never happened before is not. Get a grip on reality.

Edited by Slegger