New Guide for "1000AD achievement" - TESTED AND APPROVED !!!

Well, after many tries of all the strategies I found on the forum, I finally got a really really efficient method. I got the achievement around -600 !!!

I found it on 2K Forums, big thanks to SpartacusMagnus.

1. Game Type: Scenario > It's all about the money

2. Difficulty: King (though you can go higher)

3. Civilization: Arabs (though other civs can work)

4. Victory http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/images/smilies/wink.gif

Notice we didn't do a standard game type. This scenario starts you out with 1000 gold, MORE than enough to rush all the units you'll need. We also used the Arabs for the +1 attack given by fundamentalism. As a bonus, you can set the difficulty up to Deity to snag another achievement if you haven't done so already. Also you can get the "Power never takes a step back" (win with only one city) achievement in this game.

Again, I won't bore you with the details, so I'll be brief here. Don't bother with many warriors, just 1 or 2 to scout around before you get horsemen. Wait to attack barbarian huts with horsemen to ensure the upgrades go to your better unit.

RUSH EVERY UNIT WITH YOUR AMPLE GOLD SUPPLY. Build archers to defend your city and send out horsemen to capture barb huts. Send scouting parties to find your opponents, then mount an attack on the CLOSEST capital using 3-4 horsemen armies.

BUILD ROADS. Build a road to your newly conquered capital and use it as the launch point for your next attack. Rinse and repeat.

CATAPULTS. Catapults will probably be needed for the last 2 cities as their defense will be greater- especially if they happen to be the English or the Greeks.

SAVE OFTEN. If at first you don't succeed, die, die again...

I was able to gain a victory on my first file at 450 AD, I'm sure some of you will do much better. English and Greeks can slow you down, but they aren't impossible. My last capital was London and they were dug in quite well. I sent a full attack force of spies (5 units), horsemen (6 armies) and catapults (2 armies) and they laid down and died without much fuss.

Hope this helps..

In my case, against me, I got Gengis Khan, Cleopatra, Isabella, Chaka. I siege the last capital with around 10 catapults armies and 20 horsemen armies.

It was my last achievement, I'm really happy !

Edited by Amalrik

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

could someone who was successful with this expand upon it or give tips that make this plan work?

cause i'm playing on diety, rounding 750AD, and barely had 1 other race dominated. it was zulus with 1 last city on an island. not sure if the rest were on the same land mass i was, but romans and americans were there with me.

thanks.

edit for somethings i did. maybe i'm going about it the wrong way

- everytime i take over a city or capture settlers i build barracks, make an army of archers, then start producing catapults or horsemen

- i rush build everything, but sometimes i run out of gold

Edited by Fruhmann360

• 2 weeks later...

WOW! Thank you so much for the post on this achievement! I got it on my first try following this method! I got it by 550 AD. This was so tough for me until I tried this one out. Only 5 more achievements until i'm completely done with this game. :woop: Thanks again!:Bounce:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

worked great, thanks! i should add you need a little luck in having the 4 other civs close to yours in proximity, usually the last one is across water, rush a galley as soon as you can just to be safe. this method does give you some wiggle room, i won my game in 400 bc

Big thanks for this guide! Using the Scenario you suggested seems to be the most important thing. It gives you more gold than you could possibly need - and don't forget, every time you capture an enemy capital, you gain all of their gold (normally 700-800 left in their vault).

With all that money, simply repeatedly rushing horsemen armies allowed me to win by 2000BC, when I'd been struggling at this on other game modes for months! I got a bit of luck by having all of the opponents on the same continent, but I'd already lined up several troop transport galleys which I could've used if I'd needed them. And even a prolonged battle for the Greek capital didn't overly delay me, or force me to reload - this was easy as pie! Thanks again!

Thank you VERY MUCH!

I have tried all the other methods posted on these forums and could not do it.

But with this method, although I changed it a bit... I used the Mongols to quickly gather new towns from Barbarian villages to help speed up unit production, I was able to not only get this achievement on the first try, but I completed it on 900BC.

Thank you

You guys must be gods among men! When I had this I couldn't get this achievement for the life of me. Everytime time I tried it I always got screwed somehow and it's left with the desire to rent this game again and snap it in half out pure hatred! I feel so disheartened by it, and it's such a nuisance to see 900/1000. I'll rent this eventually and keep in the meantime, hoping for the best.

But I'm also curious. How do you accomplish such a thing BC? Like, really? Do you spend countless hours scoring the map and plotting out the best attack strategy? Do you go to your nearest library and sign out books based on your enemy civs. and research their greatest weaknessess? Do you ask the help of God and does he reply in turn giving you cheats to beat the game so fast? Do you hax!? :p 'Cause I'm dyeing over here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, after many tries of all the strategies I found on the forum, I finally got a really really efficient method. I got the achievement around -600 !!!

I found it on 2K Forums, big thanks to SpartacusMagnus.

In my case, against me, I got Gengis Khan, Cleopatra, Isabella, Chaka. I siege the last capital with around 10 catapults armies and 20 horsemen armies.

It was my last achievement, I'm really happy !

Worked like a charm on the first try, thanks!

I won in 1300 BC I believe...rushing settlers in the beginning helps though--that will help you double and triple the amount of troops for you armies, and building roads to each city cuts down transport times, too.

• 2 weeks later...