If They Came To Hear Me Beg

Taylorboy

****Spoilers below on mission names****

Hi,

I am having massive problems with this achievement :p.

I have seen various videos but i just can't seem to get it to work.

*Doing this on the Pillar of Autumn Mission*

When i performed the assissnation (10 times now) it won't unlock, so i presume im holding sprint too long.

However, if i cancel sprint as soon as i jump, i can't make the distance to the elite. (Even when he comes back to the right or left)

Any help here please :p ?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not sure if you can do it on custom game etc. Ill have to give it ago.

For the moment though this is really annoying. On the video the guy stops running half way down the jump. For me weatehr i do it at the top mid or bottom it won't unlock. I've done the assassination like 20 times now and nothing.

This took me some 30 tries (mainly because my left bumper is broken so it kept stopping the sprint) but you have to just keep trying it. If its not unlocking and you did the assassination, you didn't fall far enough from whem you ended sprint that would be fatal. Just keep trying and as soon as you get just behind the elite and above, stop, fall and RB.

I don't know if you guys are waiting for the elite to come closer to the cliff or not, because that makes it much easier to reach him. He moves back and forth between farther and closer to the cliff, so just sprint and delay jump, hit LB again in midair to cancel your sprint, and you'll still have plenty of speed to cover the distance. Canceling seems to be the key.

Hey guys

I was having massive problems with this and must of tried about 200 times. I'd either jump and miss and die on the floor, jump and land on him but end of bashing him, or about 25% of the time I'd actually do the assassination move without the achievement popping.

I found that it isn't so much to do with turning sprint off - as long as you turn it off before you do the assassination that's fine.

What matters is exactly when you press and hold RB. You need to press and hold it when you're falling from above at the first possible opportunity and I'd say you have about a tenth of a second window. If you press and hold too late you'll do the assassination but you'll of already touched the ground safely before it starts.

Basically just run and jump and make sure you press and hold RB as soon as the crosshair turns red and you're close enough for it to initiate the assassination sequence.

Hey guys

What matters is exactly when you press and hold RB. You need to press and hold it when you're falling from above at the first possible opportunity and I'd say you have about a tenth of a second window. If you press and hold too late you'll do the assassination but you'll of already touched the ground safely before it starts.

YOUR A DAMN GOD. I CANT EVEN BELIEVE IT HAHAHAHA.

First attmept as i read your post aswell -> As soon as it went red i hit RB and it unlocked. You sir are a god :p.

Edited by Taylorboy

Has anyone tried crouching so you dont hit the ground too soon? Might have to try this myself...

Basically just run and jump and make sure you press and hold RB as soon as the crosshair turns red and you're close enough for it to initiate the assassination sequence.

You are a god. First try doing it this way, it works. To think I spent two hours last night trying to do this. Thanks!

i got it after about 10 tries.

first from the start i sprinted to the cliff, then when the sprint was full i moved back a bit and sprinted and jumped, then about halfway down i switched sprint off and held melee down when i got near to him while the crosshairs were red.

it is luck as before i got it i did the assassination twice in a row and got nothing so i agree with the person who said the elite has to have his back exactly facing u, i never even looked where he was i just kept sprinting and jumping off the cliff and moving during the fall.

just keep trying it, at least it's at the start of the level.

I'm still struggling with this. But do i have the info correct.

1: look if he's either right or left of me.

2: step back. And sprint to the edge and jump off.

3: guide towards him and TURN OFF sprint here.

Now here's where I'm a little iffy.

Do I try to actually land on his head. Or just behind him?

Do I target his back, or his head or look straight ahead?

After that's it's hold the RB and hopefully bleep bloop.

Also does having the rifle or a pistol affect the chance of pulling it off.

I'm still struggling with this. But do i have the info correct.

1: look if he's either right or left of me.

2: step back. And sprint to the edge and jump off.

3: guide towards him and TURN OFF sprint here.

Now here's where I'm a little iffy.

Do I try to actually land on his head. Or just behind him?

Do I target his back, or his head or look straight ahead?

After that's it's hold the RB and hopefully bleep bloop.

Also does having the rifle or a pistol affect the chance of pulling it off.

Its a very finicky achievement. Took me about 20 minutes to finally get it.

But for me I tried to land just behind him, I also targeted his back and aimed down at him. I used the pistol but dont think that matters.

I could have sworn I did the exact same thing like 5 times before it registered (with the assasination animation and all) and the achievement wouldnt pop. I just kept trying and it finnaly registered.

Hey guys

I was having massive problems with this and must of tried about 200 times. I'd either jump and miss and die on the floor, jump and land on him but end of bashing him, or about 25% of the time I'd actually do the assassination move without the achievement popping.

I found that it isn't so much to do with turning sprint off - as long as you turn it off before you do the assassination that's fine.

Everybody listen to this guy. His words possess untold magical powers. I read this to a friend trying to get the achievement and his next try worked.

there isn't really any trick to doing this. you just have to stick at it untill you get it. hold sprint in as long as you need to i don't know why people are saying you have to release it as soon as you jump. as long as you release it before you mele, it will be sweet. it was for me anyway.

another tip is that after a certain amount of times trying it the elite will start standing close enough to hit without having to wait on him moving. this saves a few seconds which when your trying twenty or thirty times it all adds up. however after a certain amount of attempts he will start to respawn out of reach again. when this happened i just killed myself repeatedly untill he started spawning closer.

the key thing is to perservere. it took me almost fourteen minutes and roughly sixty deaths.

I just got this achievement, was attempting to get it on normal but I found the elite moves between various spots each time you spawn, however on heroic the elite always moves to the position shown in the video in the achievement guide, at least then you know where he is going to be, so you can focus on the timing of the assassination.