Completionist achievements

chuckbartowski

Thanks psybOltOn, you rock man, so cool, and thanks everyone else for the tips and helping out too.

I havent really been gaming much due to illness, but i'm going to get on it soon.

How tempted am i to be me2 in my xbox is unreal, but i wont, i'm resisting those urges.

Is it normal that i'm a lvl 51 on 2nd playthrough and i havent even visited the citadel yet? or is going between lvl 51 and 60 a bigger challenge? I just feel closer to 60 than i expected i guess,

I will complete the game 100% before jumping into me2 i hope.

I know i'm going off topic, but in my me2 i've got the cerberus code, i know what it is and what it does, but is that activated over xbox live dashboard or in-game? or is it one of the codes you've got to enter online at ea.com?

Thanks again, take care and have fun!

As Halme said, the last levels are really take long time, I also got to level 60 somewhere in my 3rd playthrough. You can reach level 60 in 2 playthrough as well, but you need to play through 3 times before to unlock the level 60 achievement with the XP bonus.

Thanks halme, especially for clearing that cerberus thing up.

At the moment i think by the time i get to 4th playthrough to get liara, i think i'm going to be sick as fck. But once i got it, it's straight to ME2!! Woohoo!! its cool though coz it's saving me money on buying new titles, by the time i've completed me2 all new titles will be cheaper by then. Win! Win!

Your fourth playthrough will be a breeze, just play with the lowest difficulty and make only/mostly Paragon decisions. You dont have to, but Paragon Shepard was the one I wanted to build. I rather am Galactic Jesus than Galactic Jack Bauer. Because you are going after the ally achievement you are going to do most of the side missions. I don't know everything that carries over to ME2, but atleast do that Scan the Keepers quest, you'll get interesting email from that guy in the second game by doing that.

Yeah, I have Dragon Age Origins ultimate edition collecting dust at the shelf for the moment and I'm going to play it after ME2. It's going to be long game with all expansions so hopefully when I complete it Dragon Age 2 and some other titles have gone through pricedropping.

I do the exact same, I am one game behind with all the big series, but I really don't mind, as when a new title comes out, I can buy the previous one (hopefully in GotY edition) for a better price. That is the plan with ME2 too, when ME3 comes I hopefully can get a fully patched, all DLC included version of ME2. I like when the DLC on a disc, and I don't like the lots of glitches what usually comes with a new game, and since there are a lots of good game on the market, I don't have the urge to buy the newest titles.

Halme, as for your Galactic Jack Bauer, it was a really good one! But do not dare to mess with Jack in the future. Go back to play, NOW! :D

hey psyb0lt0n man how ya doing dude?

Thanks for the advice again,

I've decided that on my 2nd playthrough i'm going to complete it with kaiden and trying to get liara's ally achievement out of the way with. So when i come to mop up it wont be so painful in completing it on 4th playthrough.

So that leaves me now with wrex, tali and garrus to choose from on insanity playthrough, who do you guys recommend on that last playthrough? One of them will be benched for mop up achievements.

I think once I've completed game on insanity that will probably be it for me on that playthrough with shepherd and keep that game save character for me2. Then I think i will create a new style character to get biotic/tech achievements and work through that storyline till i get the last ally achievement.

Then if i buy some xbl points I will buy the pinnacle station dlc and finish off getting the last achievements, then onto me2. Might just be me, but i seem to be flying through this 2nd playthrough on me1 on hardcore, seems quite straight forward, but I got a feeling insanity is gonna hurt like salt and vinegar crisps in wicklows

Use Wrex and Garrus for the Insanity run. Gives a mix of biotic and adept plus loads of firepower.

If you get both with good armour they will hardly ever die, especially Wrex, he's a great damage sponge.

I flew through the Hardcore playthrough as well. My times were roughly, 46 hours first play, 17 hours hardcore and 17 for Insanity but I missed Liara's achievement. Luckily I have a save from just before Ilos so I reloaded that last night and started to do some extra assignments. I've got about 7 or 8 I can do (including the DLC) those had better be enough to pop that damn achievement.

Insanity isn't that much harder, just takes longer to kill things. I switched to using the shotgun for most of my Insanity run, it seemed to kill quicker than the assault rifle.

hey psyb0lt0n man how ya doing dude?

Thanks for the advice again,

I've decided that on my 2nd playthrough i'm going to complete it with kaiden and trying to get liara's ally achievement out of the way with. So when i come to mop up it wont be so painful in completing it on 4th playthrough.

So that leaves me now with wrex, tali and garrus to choose from on insanity playthrough, who do you guys recommend on that last playthrough? One of them will be benched for mop up achievements.

I think once I've completed game on insanity that will probably be it for me on that playthrough with shepherd and keep that game save character for me2. Then I think i will create a new style character to get biotic/tech achievements and work through that storyline till i get the last ally achievement.

Then if i buy some xbl points I will buy the pinnacle station dlc and finish off getting the last achievements, then onto me2. Might just be me, but i seem to be flying through this 2nd playthrough on me1 on hardcore, seems quite straight forward, but I got a feeling insanity is gonna hurt like salt and vinegar crisps in wicklows

Use Wrex and Garrus for the Insanity run. Gives a mix of biotic and adept plus loads of firepower.

If you get both with good armour they will hardly ever die, especially Wrex, he's a great damage sponge.

I flew through the Hardcore playthrough as well. My times were roughly, 46 hours first play, 17 hours hardcore and 17 for Insanity but I missed Liara's achievement. Luckily I have a save from just before Ilos so I reloaded that last night and started to do some extra assignments. I've got about 7 or 8 I can do (including the DLC) those had better be enough to pop that damn achievement.

Insanity isn't that much harder, just takes longer to kill things. I switched to using the shotgun for most of my Insanity run, it seemed to kill quicker than the assault rifle.

Thanks dude, great advice, with wrex and garrus really appreciate it, havent got a clue what to expect for them i'm enjoying this playthrough because i'm flying through it, but it is annoying at same time.

I wish i had not been so naive and done more saves especially so i could go back and get liara out the way, but now i'm paying price for stupidity, but going to try my best to get it on this playthrough.

Thanks again guys, this community rocks!

Just as Springveldt says.

Also, don't be afraid from insanity, you can run through it if you plan well.

Check out this thread as it contains some good info how to make it easy.

If you didn't play Pinnacle Station yet, and you need the biotic/tech cheevos it might be a good idea to start a new biotic/tech character and go to the station as soon as you get your ship. You'll need to level up a bit to unlock every talent you need, and the DLC offers a lots of targets. It might take a bit longer but definitely not that boring as casting your abilities on the terminal for hours and reloading all the time. Also, if you put some points in Hacking you can reduce recharge times.

And about saves... I had hundreds of them, the habit comes from the PC times when you could save as much as you wanted. :D

It is a good idea in many games to save often and in different slots, this way you can avoid a lots of pain.