The Spectre Challenge

Bahroo3

So after finishing this ungodly brutal awful controller breaking challenge, me and Veedrock managed to finish (not sure how).

Here are some notes from my perceptive (he will add his soon)

Overall:

-Cutscenes are a punishment for failing.

-TEAMMATES FUCKING SUCK

-You may break the game once you reach the 3 Primes on Rannoch

-NONE OF THESE GUNS DO SHIT

-OH BOY I GET TO THROW A TURRET ONCE EVERY HALF HOUR YAY

Prologue:

-I now know the starting cutscence by heart,

-Had difficulty on Narrative, didn't realize until very end. Had to restart. Also needed to set Squad Power Use to off.

-Had difficulty keeping shields up while emptying clips in standoff

Side Missions

-Mostly flawless and easy to get through minus saving the Rachni Queen.

Priority Mars:

-Got down to 1 health bar early, but did flawlessly for good majority. Then died to renegade Assault Trooper that ran at me after the tram.

Priority Palevan:

-Brutes are brutal.

-Marauders borrowed their shields from the Geth

Priority Sur'Kesh (HAAATE):

-Mission is heavier in cutscenes than some others, really painful to restart.

-TURRETS ARE DEADLY! Poked head out for half a second and double turrets ripped him apart.

-Pod destroyed at landing pad before Atlas came.

-Switched from EDI to James, went smoothly up to Altas. Killed Atlas, unaware there was one Assault Trooper left and was killed.

-Died trying to Heavy Melee a Trooper in the second group of Cerberus.

-Died again, unsure what happened.

-Died again because my controller died.

-Fuck this Mission.

Grissom fucking Academy

-This mission was our first real test on how hard this difficulty truly was. Not only is it long but it is also unforgiving. The atrium was by far the hardest part of the whole mission and we had to redo it so many times before we got any sort of real strategy on it.

Priority Tuchanka

-Painless run through was a welcome change.

Priority Citadel:

-Kirrahe's death was fucking stupid HEY LEWK I CAN ABSERP BEWLETS WITH MAH FACE.

-Died at double Phantoms.

-Played ring around the pillar with the Atlas when I ran out of ammo

Priority Geth Dreadnaught:

-Had lot of issues at second part of the tunnel with electric field.

-MY TEAMMATES WERE BUGGED AND DIDN'T DO JACK SHIT

-I ended up having to run through parts of the game because I simple could not fight the Geth wit no teammates.

-I love tunnels.

Geth Fighter Squadrons

-The only mission you can't die in, enjoy it.

Priority Rannoch

-This was probably the hardest mission in the game and it took some very creative moving in order to the kill the 3 Primes. Mission says I took 1 hour but in reality it was around 6

Asari Monastery

-Killing two Banshees at once took a few tries before we got it down but the mission is short so no complaints.

-Missed a Barrier Generator and kited a Banshee near it without knowing and healed the Banshee back to full Barriers when she had 1 armor left.

Priority Thessia:

-Went smooth outside of nearly dying on Nightwing.

Priority Horizon:

-Died against Banshee/Ravager combination

-Died to Banshee again.

-Cannibals had me pinned and nearly killed me if it was not for Cyro blast

Priority Cerberus:

-Didn't have trouble with Atlas and co. at beginning, got up to catwalk without issue. Died at third catwalk when Phantom popped a few shots before I could really react.

-Had same lack of Atlas spawn as Veedrock during rerun, got back to catwalk no problem and used trick of backing down the ladder to make it easy to get through.

-Kai Leng is a BITCH.

-KAI LENG IS A BITCH

-iF IT WAS NOT CLEAR HE SUCKS

-EDI NEVER FUCKING LIVED FOR MORE THAN 10 SECONDS

-10 just 10 seconds.

-Fuck.

Priority Earth:

-D':

-THERE IS NO CHECK POINT, the ENTIRE fucking mission has to be done in 1 go, 1. That means if you die defending the rockets you GET TO GO BACK TO THE VERY FUCKING START.

-i leik multi splosions cuz dey shiney

I am sure Veedrock's notes will be much more in-depth but having just finished it finally I will let him do it.

Edited by Bahroo3

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So after finishing this ungodly brutal awful controller breaking challenge, me and Veedrock managed to finish (not sure how).

Overall:

-TEAMMATES FUCKING SUCK

Prologue:

-Had difficulty on Narrative, didn't realize until very end. Had to restart. Also needed to set Squad Power Use to off.

Side Missions

Priority Mars:

-Got down to 1 health bar early, but did flawlessly for good majority. Then died to renegade Assault Trooper that ran at me after the tram.

Priority Palevan:

-Brutes are brutal.

-TURRETS ARE DEADLY! Poked head out for half a second and double turrets ripped him apart.

-Switched from EDI to James, went smoothly up to Altas. Killed Atlas, unaware there was one Assault Trooper left and was killed.

-Fuck this Mission.

Grissom fucking Academy

-This mission was our first real test on how hard this difficulty truly was. Not only is it long but it is also unforgiving. The atrium was by far the hardest part of the whole mission and we had to redo it so many times before we got any sort of real strategy on it.

Priority Tuchanka

Priority Citadel:

-Kirrahe's death was fucking stupid HEY LEWK I CAN ABSERP BEWLETS WITH MAH FACE.

-I ended up having to run through parts of the game because I simple could not fight the Geth wit no teammates.

-I love tunnels.

Geth Fighter Squadrons

Priority Rannoch

-This was probably the hardest mission in the game and it took some very creative moving in order to the kill the 3 Primes. Mission says I took 1 hour but in reality it was around 6

Asari Monastery

-Killing two Banshees at once took a few tries before we got it down but the mission is short so no complaints.

-Missed a Barrier Generator and kited a Banshee near it without knowing and healed the Banshee back to full Barriers when she had 1 armor left.

Priority Thessia:

Priority Horizon:

-Died to Banshee again.

Priority Cerberus:

-Didn't have trouble with Atlas and co. at beginning, got up to catwalk without issue. Died at third catwalk when Phantom popped a few shots before I could really react.

-Had same lack of Atlas spawn as Veedrock during rerun, got back to catwalk no problem and used trick of backing down the ladder to make it easy to get through.

-Kai Leng is a BITCH.

-KAI LENG IS A BITCH

-10 just 10 seconds.

-Fuck.

Priority Earth:

-D':

-THERE IS NO CHECK POINT, the ENTIRE fucking mission has to be done in 1 go, 1. That means if you die defending the rockets you GET TO GO BACK TO THE VERY FUCKING START.

I am sure Veedrock's notes will be much more in-depth but having just finished it finally I will let him do it.

Wow, excellent job ;)

Love the quality of these notes too :p

Multiplayer unending nightmare sounds almost doable. Set up reave so that it has the 2m radius, update biotic charge so that it hits 2 others close by, and you can get some biotic 'splosions goin with some teamwork. Then again, haven't checked how good/bad the recharge time is with those weapons equipped...

Sounds horrible. Y'all are crazy for considering this shit.

Overall:

-TEAMMATES FUCKING SUCK

Prologue:

Side Missions

Priority Mars:

Priority Palevan:

-Brutes are brutal.

-Fuck this Mission.

Grissom fucking Academy

Priority Tuchanka

Priority Citadel:

-I love tunnels.

Geth Fighter Squadrons

Priority Rannoch

Asari Monastery

Priority Thessia:

Priority Horizon:

-Died to Banshee again.

Priority Cerberus:

-Kai Leng is a BITCH.

-KAI LENG IS A BITCH

-10 just 10 seconds.

-Fuck.

Priority Earth:

-D':

Love this. :p

Fuck if I'd ever do this though. :uzi: Some parts were tricky enough for me in insanity to not have all this added suckage. XD I think I would truly burn the xbox if I did this on Priority Earth, and knowing how hard it was for M Shields on my other playthrough (Died like 20 times just to the husks, lets not mention how many more times I died to Mr Shields. ><) I could not STAND having to redo this entire mission over...and over...and over... and over...

Bravo, you two. haha

Love this. :p

Fuck if I'd ever do this though. :uzi: Some parts were tricky enough for me in insanity to not have all this added suckage. XD I think I would truly burn the xbox if I did this on Priority Earth, and knowing how hard it was for M Shields on my other playthrough (Died like 20 times just to the husks, lets not mention how many more times I died to Mr Shields. ><) I could not STAND having to redo this entire mission over...and over...and over... and over...

Bravo, you two. haha

Oh trust me there were plenty of times we wanted to just say "fuck this" and quit right then and there (like Rannoch). And I was about ready to throw my controller at the wall of I had died at M.Shields after spending 2 hours on the final mission.

• 3 weeks later...

Multiplayer Version

*Spectre*

-Must be set to Gold

-Cannot fight Geth

-All players must be a Human Soldier

-Cannot use any Consumables

==Each player may use 1 rocket per game.

-You may only be revived by teammates 2 times per round, after that you must bleed out.

-Weapons must be an Avenger and Katana

-Cannot use Armor/Weapon/Ammo bonus/Gear

-Must achieve a Full Extraction

Just finished this and it was 70 minutes of Hell.

We have Hack, Hack and Devices.

http://i45.tinypic.com/5d0329.jpg

Edited by Bahroo3

You mean like we did before games had achievements and rewards?

Man, god forbid we try and have fun in a game.

Memories of Quake speed-running on Nightmare.... and failing miserably :p

*snip*

Multiplayer Version

*snip*

Sweet hesoosmuthatruckabloodyhellcatyarblekicker :eek:

Well, it was only a matter of time wasn't it?

Edited by Opiate42