Help with Sam on Revengeance S-Rank

I'm trying to S-rank this sucker, which I should have got several times now but keep getting a B rank (or worse):confused:. I pick up the two nanopsates AND get a 50 hit combo on him in blade mode and parry counter his fourth combo move to get him down to around 30% (sometimes 10%). In the results screen I get just 75 points for BP (instead of 1000 or whatever it should be) and also I don't get the no-damage bonus either even though I definitely didn't get hit. I know if you restart too many times it messes up your time and you have to restart the fight from mission select but I don't get why I'm not getting the no-damage bonus and not getting the BP from the nanopastes. Can anyone enlighten me please? Thanks.

Getting Repair Nanopastes is not enough on its own to acquire BP in battle. It works only as long as you have already 5 RN in your inventory. Alternatively, slash random objects in 100+ parts for +100 BP every time.

As for the No Damage issue, it can be buggy just like the Time of the battle. I literally can't believe that you didn't even bother trying replaying from Chapter selection screen.

Forget the nanopastes. There will be a point during the fight where you can press :ybut: & :bbut:, knocking Sam's sword up in the air and you have to blade mode the red square.

This can occur during the fight but it will always occur at the very end of the fight.

So right at the end of the fight, do the prompt, enter blade mode and just slash him while avoiding that red square to get your combo up to 50. This, with the no-damage bonus, got me the S-rank.

I would also recommend using the Sai as this allows you to close the distance and stun him if he does any of the annoying parts, like when he dashes at you.

When i did it, i DID grab both nanopaste's but i noticed that when i didn't have full nanopaste's the BP did not add the way it was supposed too. So i entered the fight with the full 5 and it registered the right way. Also the No Dmg issue is simple if you got hit and let it save at the result screen then every attempt after will NOT be a no dmg and you time will be missed up. So basically all i did was as soon as i got hit, i would restart the fight.

• 4 weeks later...

If anyone still has trouble with Sam on Revengeance, I found a really easy strategy.

Requires: Maxed Murasama and Bloodlust, Wig B, and Red armor.

1: Start the match by going into ripper mode, and doing a Charge Y on Sam.

2: Do a forward Dodge and he should block it.

3: Slash him with a weak slash to stun him.

4: Instantly go into Blade mode and slash him until you can't reach anymore.

5: Release blade mode, quickly activate ripper mode, run forward, activate blade mode again, and keep slashing.

6: Stop when you have around a 50-hit combo, activate ripper mode, and block the string he should throw out.

7: Counter the last hit to drain his health completely and trigger his Y+B counterable move (or at least leave him really close to doing it).

8: Win.

I did something like that and got S-rank without getting any points in BP. Really easy, as long as he does the right string at 6.

Edited by Doopliss SWE

There are four or five boxes on the map that have repair nanopastes in them. If you can slash them and get the pastes before Sam drains your health and you auto-repair, you'll have a considerable leg-up in BP.

I did it this way and parried the last blow from his four-hit combo (the one where he holds the sheathe after the second hit), knocking him down to 35%.

Once he's down that low, you should try to maintain some distance from him. At this distance, he'll either do the long-jump slash, or the three fast dashes. Block these. You're looking for him to do the three dashes, though, because he taunts after them. Use that to hit him with either the charged first hit from the pincers or the first two hits of the pincers, uncharged. Get away from him.

He might try to do the YB event here, or he might try the dashes again. Just rinse and repeat running away and waiting to hit him with the pincers while he can't move away. When he does the YB and expects you to hit his sword, slash the hell out of his legs/torso in blade mode. Get your combo to 50 at least, slash his sword, and you should have satisfied the criteria for an S on Revengeance.

The first parry and the four nanopastes are important though. Skipping the second phase of his fight means you'll get a +2000 for your time. Using this strategy I managed an S and got damaged plenty.

My No Damage achievement came from doing it on Hard. Bloodlust combo into the second phase, block, first pincer hit, block, first pincer, block, pincer, third phase I play the same as for revengeance - bait the triple dash and capitalise on the taunt, then pray he feels like it's Y+B time.

restart the chapter by going to chapter select

active Wig B and use ripper mode

try to get one perfect parry then wait till he throws rocks at you for BP or get some combo by going to blade mode

but before going to blade mode activate ripper mode

perfect parry again

try to do it with no damage or ****************** :D

now you have S rank

bad english :(