Black Monolith Failed Solutions

Fenrakk101

My idea here is to get a list of every option tried and proven failed, so we don't waste time doing things already done.

Tried Solutions

-Flying straight up and dropping for five minutes

(on the first square)

-Repeating the code on the burnt treasure map

-Flipping the treasure map 180 degrees and trying the new input

-U,D,LB,U,J,D,RB,D

-D,RB,D,J,U,LB,D,U

(on the other square):

-Going to the classroom in the 8-cube door and using the "1" code

-Repeating the code on the burnt treasure map

-Flipping the treasure map 180 degrees and trying the new input

-Spelling "METATRON" is ASCII binary using LT and RT for 0 and 1, respectively

-U,D,LB,U,J,D,RB,D

-D,RB,D,J,U,LB,D,U

If you've tried something as well, post a response and I'll edit it into this first post. If we narrow down the list of options we might eventually get it just through process of elimination.

Edited by Fenrakk101

Since the "64-bit" part of the Owl's message hadn't been used, and it nicely ties together the solutions to the other 2 red cubes, I tried standing on the other square and spelling out "METATRON" in ASCII, in the same way that the flashing red light in the Observatory spelled out "RTLTLTRTRTLT". I used LT for 0 and RT for 1, hitting them in a 64-bit sequence:

M = 01001101

E = 01000101

T = 01010100

A = 01000001

T = 01010100

R = 01010010

O = 01001111

N = 01001110

No luck, though.

Since the "64-bit" part of the Owl's message hadn't been used, and it nicely ties together the solutions to the other 2 red cubes, I tried standing on the other square and spelling out "METATRON" in ASCII, in the same way that the flashing red light in the Observatory spelled out "RTLTLTRTRTLT". I used LT for 0 and RT for 1, hitting them in a 64-bit sequence:

M = 01001101

E = 01000101

T = 01010100

A = 01000001

T = 01010100

R = 01010010

O = 01001111

N = 01001110

No luck, though.

Added to the list. I like the idea of using the owl's messages though, since they don't seem to play a role in any other puzzles. Though personally I believe some clue lies within the book ancient artifact you find, I just don't have the patience to decipher its secrets.

been at this for a while and iv tried a ton of codes and still no luck

i can say that

U,D,LB,U,J,D,RB,D

D,RB,D,J,U,LB,D,U

dont work while standing on [-] or [ ] as well as a ton or random ones i did >.< this is crazyness

I really hate abstract puzzles like this... and this is abstract to the power of an abstract number

It's been fairly exhaustively tested that, in the order they're given (front to back or back to front), the large letters in the tome do not directly translate to a button sequence, at least not when standing on the second square.

i.e. PAEAEBUB or the reverse do not represent the solution, at least not directly.

To call forth the Monolith, we entered:

UP RT UP A D LT UP D

Perhaps a variation on that sequence will solve it?

Mirror the code, flip it, etc.

Inverted:

U D LT U A D RT D (FAIL)

Mirrored:

D LT D A U RT D U (FAIL)

Reversed:

D UP LT D A UP RT UP (FAIL)

It's obvious this one is related to 3D somehow. I don't mean Gomez's 3D, but we the players wearing 3D glasses for stereoscopy. Just as there were puzzles solved with Gomez's 3D, this monolith is solved with 3D.

Isn't there a treasure map with no relation to any puzzles? The one that you need an application on your phone to scan (that makes making shopping lists easier and whatnot)? Has anyone tried scanning either the one on the map or the one in the throne room on the wall?

I don't have a 3D TV or 3D glasses and I don't have a smartphone so I can't test this myself.

So it has been solved. By someone on neogaf. They said brute force was the best solution whatever that means.

He said that he had "help from on high" and I was thinking about the phrase from one of the owls; "THE THIRTEEN CIRCLES, THE 64-BIT NAME OF GOD"

So it has been solved. By someone on neogaf. They said brute force was the best solution whatever that means.

I think he's implying that there's no point decoding the book or scouring the world for clues, everything we need is in the monolith room