Horde Soloing - All 50 Waves On Insane

Vindicator51

Great guide Vindicator~! I'm using it now, and I must admit, killing Brumaks has never been easier! lol.

Currently on wave 14, and I'm starting to feel the 'geeez this is taking forever' and then they all attack at once and I die lol. I usually buy the spikes where you said to put them, but I probably upgrade them too high :x Same with the Sentries.

Anyway, does anybody else have a problem with the sandstorm that comes through every wave? It's irritating when they're charging you and you can't see them. Just a small complaint that really doesn't matter in the long run.

How long?

How are you finding it? Do the enemies stand off enough for you to pick them off? Or is dying quite a regular thing?

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great guide Vindicator~! I'm using it now, and I must admit, killing Brumaks has never been easier! lol.

Currently on wave 14, and I'm starting to feel the 'geeez this is taking forever' and then they all attack at once and I die lol. I usually buy the spikes where you said to put them, but I probably upgrade them too high :x Same with the Sentries.

Anyway, does anybody else have a problem with the sandstorm that comes through every wave? It's irritating when they're charging you and you can't see them. Just a small complaint that really doesn't matter in the long run.

Yes, the sandstorm killed me several times as well. Sometimes when i wanted to attract enemies, the sandstorm hit and i was like, oh crap.

This can take a long time to do, but i knew that from the beginning as well. It's an alternative to dying countless times because of others mistakes on Insane.

You shouldn't make the mistake of upgrading them too high, since you only need to upgrade them once. I used this barrier solely because it slows them down and gives you time to react.

So up to wave 46 been easy so far but now i find Grenadier Elites always 1 shotting me from the other side of the map (I want there shotgun for multiplayer) Any advice on thi?, died like 20 times trying no matter how close to complete i get the random 1 shot from them happens :S

Those grenadier elites like to try to hit you from those side areas where grenades spawn in versus. you have to check those areas every once in a while or they will get you.

So up to wave 46 been easy so far but now i find Grenadier Elites always 1 shotting me from the other side of the map (I want there shotgun for multiplayer) Any advice on thi?, died like 20 times trying no matter how close to complete i get the random 1 shot from them happens :S

This is what makes it hard from wave 30+. Snipers, Bolters and Grenadiers will kill you in a single shot. The only counter to this is attracting them to you, or taking a look at the map and spot them out. You can definitely see the difference, because they will do like 6 - 7 shots with 1 - 2 sec intervals.

Do short bursts of fire against them if you want to feel safer.

Edited by Vindicator51

Is there some sort of reward to finishing Horde on Insane? I had a quick look at the medals but don't remember seeing one for Horde/Insane.

Horde medals:

FOR THE HORDE!

Completed all 50 waves of Horde on (Casual/Normal/Hardcore/Insane).

I have no good method for this yet. Not sure if mutators voids this.

HORDER

Complete (100/500/1000/2000) waves of Horde.

Cumulative, you can do the first wave on casual as many times as it takes if you want.

ARCHITECT

Earn Founder ribbon (10/50/150/300) times.

You earn the Founder ribbon by building a base, it's the tower like structures that you have to build to even start playing horde. Cannot be earned solo and only once per session.

SQUAD LEADER

Earn Point Man ribbon (50/150/300/500) times.

You earn the Point Man ribbon by finishing a wave with the most points, cannot be earned solo.

FIELD ENGINEER

Complete (100/250/500/1000) fortification modifications.

Barriers, decoy, turrets etc all counts as fortifications.

BIG MONEY

Earn $(100k/500k/1mil/5mil) cash in Horde.

Everything that gives you points gives you the same amount in cash, completing challenges also earns you cash.

LOOT COURTESAN

Complete (10/20/50/???) challenges in Horde.

If you complete 3 waves in a row without dying, your next wave will have a bonus challenge for you. It can be different side objectives like getting a certain amount of headshots, executions, chainsaw-kills, turret kills etc.

Is there some sort of reward to finishing Horde on Insane? I had a quick look at the medals but don't remember seeing one for Horde/Insane.

There is a medal for beating all 50 waves. you get bronze for doing casual, silver for normal, gold for hardcore, and onyx for insane

There is a medal for beating all 50 waves. you get bronze for doing casual, silver for normal, gold for hardcore, and onyx for insane

Ah, I gotcha.

I managed to complete all 50 in a Public game yesterday, now I guess I have a new goal... an Insane one. :drunk

I assume loading up Horde and just getting 100 kills with each of the 5 weapons will credit me for the bronze Master-at-Arms medal?

At least I hope it will!

Sweet...definitely going to try this tonight. Currently sitting with 17 Combat Engineer pins and cannot be fucked to play another 83 rounds of button mashing then dying.

Worked like a charm. Thanks.

Did this to finish waves 47-50. Worked great boss wave was 3 berserkers. But if you stayed in that spot the didn't move so i just unloaded 3 lancer clips in them and they died. Also the giant armored centipede thing if you can kill without having to hit the back. Killed it when i had super reload on. If you didn't know.

Did this to finish waves 47-50. Worked great boss wave was 3 berserkers. But if you stayed in that spot the didn't move so i just unloaded 3 lancer clips in them and they died. Also the giant armored centipede thing if you can kill without having to hit the back. Killed it when i had super reload on. If you didn't know.

That's great info to know for the people using this. :)

When the sandstorm comes, aim down the hill and spam click the left analog stick. This will spot the enemies, then you can just shoot below the marker to get the kill.

Thanks man! Another thing I found out was that if you have access to the sentry on the left and you press the tac com it shows the enemy. Sadly you cannot shoot with the tac com up, but it's another alternative :)

How long?

How are you finding it? Do the enemies stand off enough for you to pick them off? Or is dying quite a regular thing?

Ehh it's just tedious. Plus you can't doze off at all or your red gear will be so red that you're eyeballs will resemble them.

I tend to get impatient, so dying happens to me often, but it doesn't bother me that much.

You shouldn't make the mistake of upgrading them too high, since you only need to upgrade them once. I used this barrier solely because it

slows them down and gives you time to react.

Ohh haha I've been upgrading them all the way.

ALSO: I encountered Lambent Berzerkers three times. Lost all three times. Then I got Berserkers, and I didn't know the trick on how to beat them that was posted here x_x Just a fyi.