Have your say, if you care about this game

_Nosferatu_

Hi guys,

There is a questionnaire on www.tombraider.com, where you can give your opinion on things like DLC etc. You can win a signed copy of the Game Informer issue that covered the official reveal of this game. So, if you care at all about this game, go ahead and click the link above. I guess it should only take a few minutes, but it took me longer though since I took advantage of every question that wasn´t ´multiple choice´ to rant away (I´m a big fan of Tomb Raider since ´96). Not sure if they´ll actually read all of my banter, but it felt good... :p

So excited for this game! :Bounce:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I love tomb raider, so yea im pretty excited about this game. i saw on gamestop that the release for this is in November 2012 :( damn i hope that's a mistake.

I'm on the wall about this game. I'm so damn excited and I can't wait for it to come out, but I question whether it'll be what I'm truly hoping it to be. When I watch the trailers I see the emotion, I live the environment, and I feel the tenseness and pain of every step she takes. They've done an excellent job of making it feel like she's on the brink of death and struggling to survive.

The question is, though, will it be able to translate well into the gameplay? On one hand, you're making a game. This typically means shooting, platforming, and since we're dealing mostly with long-time fans of this action series, we're expecting it to move at a moderately decent pace. But from what we've seen of this game, it's the kind where everything rides on emotion. The slow, staggering walk and the consistent fear of bleeding to death. The fear of knowing there a new danger around every corner that's going to cause players to slow to a crawl instead of flying through puzzles. And even though the goal is to survive, the gruesome traps and ambushes is a big part of what's going to make this game so emotionally charged.

So basically we have two opposing game types. Fast pace shooter that ruins the feel and emotion of the story or the slow-paced, fear-driven emotional gut-wrencher that will lead to a lot of elements that could potentially become repetitive for a game of this nature. Unfortunately in modern-day gaming it's impossible to create a truly cinematic game while maintain the game aspect of it. Everything consistently cinematic is either heavily scripted, a cutscene, or a CQB sequence, none of which is something most gamers want to deal with the entire length of a game.

That being said, what kind of game do you guys want this to be? Do you want it to play more like the rest of the TR's or do you want this to be a slower survival-horror kind-of game with the bleeding, limping, etc... while being in complete control?

I personally want the latter. I'm a big fan of the slower-paced cinematic games and I enjoy games like Heavy Rain and Indigo Prophecy, both of which were very... unique to the industry.

i do have a feeling its going to try keep to most of the core moving features in the games before it, but putting story above everything else to evoke emotions in the players, whereas in the previous games it was rarely felt.

We know this is going to take place on a secluded island after a wreckage from the trailer with from what i understand only some of the remaining crew will be around on the island and you'll have to make do with things you find around for weapons, think a bow and hiking pike were to weapons, bow i am not totally sure where it came from but still guessing.

the best part about *tomb raiding* is actually exploring the vast caverns of a place, if anything they need to mix fast paced and slow pace together, where there are danger parts but other open area parts allow you to explore freely.

I think i also read somewhere that the island they are on is going to be free roaming so you can go anywhere on the island and explore to you hearts content.

Now that i think about it maybe it be like uncharted which was sorta another version of tomb raiding that did it better, so their *remake* is gunna be something like their moving maybe.

is a good idea to try a remake, due to the staleness and outdated it has become, something like this has potential to suck the crowd right back in.

Just my op :)