Xbox Live accounts un-banned?

QuiCkz AleX

Microsoft appears to have temporarily lifted the Xbox Live ban on people who own a modified Xbox 360.

Reports on NeoGAF and Xbox-Scene show that applicable gamers were, for a short time, able to log back into Xbox Live.

That privilege now seems to have, once more, been revoked.

Why did this happen?

Nobody knows. The popular consensus is that it was a result of Microsoft testing its own security in the wake of the entire PlayStation Network being compromised.

However, some people also suggest it is because Xbox Live, too, has been breached.

The Xbox Live Status page shows only a Service Alert for Matchmaking; Xbox Live, Xbox Live Marketplace and Account are all green-ticked.

Microsoft was unavailable for comment.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-04-27-xbox-live-accounts-un-banned

The F@G guys posted this big video laughing about how all 15 of their consoles were unbanned and for people to have a ball. Kotaku is reporting that all of the unbanned consoles are now, surprise surprise, banned once more.

I figure this was either some sort of security test or something going into effect for the new disc protection dealie.

The Xbox Live Status page shows only a Service Alert for Matchmaking;

Funny, because the status for Matchmaking just says:

"Users may receive potential phishing attempts via title specific messaging while playing Modern Warfare 2."

That's been an issue damn near since the game came out. Has the Live status page always said this then? I've never checked it before today. If that's their only real problem then they aren't fixing it very quickly or effectively.

The F@G guys posted this big video laughing about how all 15 of their consoles were unbanned and for people to have a ball. Kotaku is reporting that all of the unbanned consoles are now, surprise surprise, banned once more.

I figure this was either some sort of security test or something going into effect for the new disc protection dealie.

I <3 your sig

so how does someone get their system unbanned , i bought a system from a guy off of kijiji and went to go on live and it says the system is banned, is this system junk now in the aspect of it ever going on live. do i need to call microsoft ? it seems a waste of a good xbox that microsoft will not let it on the live .

so how does someone get their system unbanned , i bought a system from a guy off of kijiji and went to go on live and it says the system is banned, is this system junk now in the aspect of it ever going on live. do i need to call microsoft ? it seems a waste of a good xbox that microsoft will not let it on the live .

You can't get it unbanned you got ripped off. Get your money back if u can.

oh well, guess i got ripped off again in life. why the heck would they ban the console , why not the person that made the live account or the persons ip? what a waste of a perfectly good machine as it plays games and everything else , just will not go on live. thanks for the reply

oh well, guess i got ripped off again in life. why the heck would they ban the console , why not the person that made the live account or the persons ip? what a waste of a perfectly good machine as it plays games and everything else , just will not go on live. thanks for the reply

They banned the machine because it has a flashed drive probably. And not banning the account kinda makes sence because people can easily get a new xbox but losing your account is a much bigger issue for most people.

Lets hope M$ live isn't hacked...5 days with out live would be world ending for me...we pay $60 a year...there will be blood on the streets.

You paid $60?

You got ripped off. :D

Seriously though, amazon.com has those 1yr gold cards for 30 - 40 bucks all the time, and MS themselves almost always have a $40 for a year sale (I got this the end of last month, cause I had forgotten my year was up & didn't have time to wait for the mail)

Just do like I did next time you are about to run out, call MS and tell them you're going to cancel. If they have any deals, they'll offer them to you.

They banned the machine because it has a flashed drive probably. And not banning the account kinda makes sence because people can easily get a new xbox but losing your account is a much bigger issue for most people.

I have a quick question regarding the banning of consoles. I currently have a flashed drive (INB4 flaming) and I have found that my console is flagged. I'm not really sure if this means I'm guaranteed to be banned or if I have a small percentage of missing the ban.

I'm not really worried about losing the console but what happens to your account? I keep hearing myths saying the M$ will corrupt your GT and you lose all of your cheevos/game data. Im pretty sure corrupting your HDD is BS, but I'm kind of concerned about my GT. My achievements list isn't very impressive, but I have still put a lot of time into getting them. So my question is: should I stop playing on my current Xbox in fear of losing my GS, or is this nothing to worry about?

I have a quick question regarding the banning of consoles. I currently have a flashed drive (INB4 flaming) and I have found that my console is flagged. I'm not really sure if this means I'm guaranteed to be banned or if I have a small percentage of missing the ban.

I'm not really worried about losing the console but what happens to your account? I keep hearing myths saying the M$ will corrupt your GT and you lose all of your cheevos/game data. Im pretty sure corrupting your HDD is BS, but I'm kind of concerned about my GT. My achievements list isn't very impressive, but I have still put a lot of time into getting them. So my question is: should I stop playing on my current Xbox in fear of losing my GS, or is this nothing to worry about?

When they ban a console no profiles are affected, so no, you won't lose your account or have it reset. And your hard-drive won't magically become corrupted, that's just nonsense.