Any tips for lvl 4 Rock Golem Boss?

troy0891

I'm stuck on the Rock Golem boss on Brave difficulty. I even went back and replayed the first few levels a few times to upgrade myself more. I'm used the wind charged attacks and power attacks as much as I can. The farthest I'm getting is to destroy the first portal and a pig or two. I'm dodging around as much as I can (which has worked well in previous fights with pigs and golems) but it doesn't seem to be enough. I'm still getting nailed and it only takes 2-3 hits and I'm dead.

Anyone else have any tips? Again, this is on Brave difficulty.

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old post, but thought I would put my 2 cents worth in for anyone else playing this in the future (as I am in the process of finishing this now).

The 4th level boss (on Brave difficulty) was a pain as it took me many attempts to try and kill. The way I done it, was with a co-op partner (they can be good as distraction as well as kill things) and had the earth charged shot powered up, use those and sword to kill the spawners of the minions, once the spawners are gone (took me a few goes to get the order right, I destroyed bottom first by dodging to it as soon as I landed, then went clockwise around the island).

Once it is just you and the boss, walk around and shoot, dodge regularly and if he throws the stone, double jump before it hits the ground.

I had about 20 attempts single player, got it 2nd attempt in Co-op.

• 1 year later...
I know this is an old post, but thought I would put my 2 cents worth in for anyone else playing this in the future (as I am in the process of finishing this now).

The 4th level boss (on Brave difficulty) was a pain as it took me many attempts to try and kill. The way I done it, was with a co-op partner (they can be good as distraction as well as kill things) and had the earth charged shot powered up, use those and sword to kill the spawners of the minions, once the spawners are gone (took me a few goes to get the order right, I destroyed bottom first by dodging to it as soon as I landed, then went clockwise around the island).

Once it is just you and the boss, walk around and shoot, dodge regularly and if he throws the stone, double jump before it hits the ground.

I had about 20 attempts single player, got it 2nd attempt in Co-op.

I literally just finished this one tonight, and it was a real bitch solo. I probably died at least 20 times. Your tip on using the Earth charged shot (fully upgraded) was spot on. I spammed this early on and double jumped a lot to avoid the charging warthogs as best I could. I think I got lucky on my umpteenth try as two health potions spawned on two of the last warthogs.

Once I destroyed the bottom gate (at 6 o'clock on the map) with my sword and charged shots, I switched to charged Wind shots for the upper gates because the radius is wider (and because the enemies are vulnerable to wind obviously). Make sure you jump to avoid the rocks as they are one-hit deaths. It is like the developers all of a sudden decided to make the game bitch hard for some reason.

It really made a difference though using the Earth shots early on, so thank you VERY much for that.

Good lord, for a kids' game, that section was tough as balls.