can u avoid pressing the balance button

if anyone can help me, im trying to do a time trial ona hard level the second egypt level, i get to a point where u have to cross 3 pillars, with 3 crushing rods or w/e, and every time i have to press the y button, and there is no time hardly, sometimes i can press it just in time to get to the second one,then i have to hit y again, this is frustrating, i can never get across, and i usually dont have much time to spare.. i line up the pillars pretty st8, i mean wtf, some guy on u tube, just hops right over, but with me, nope dont even get 2 seconds

• 8 months later...

I need help on the exact same point. Thre must be a way to get through these thumpers (Galaxy Quest, anyone?) with out having to hit Y to balance, as there is not enough time for that and get past all three pillars and thumpers.

Now I know there is a way to avoid having to hit Y to balance, as after about a million attempts Lara just happily skipped past all three without a pause, but I have no idea how to make her do that.

This is going to be a massive headache when it comes to the time trial, and it MUST be something obvious I'm just not seeing. Please Help me xbox360achievements.org, you are my only hope.

• 2 years later...