new firefight map

knightsuzaku

I forgot which map it was in Halo ODST Firefight match, but similar in concept with the warthog. The UNEARTHED map has a bigger complex with more play inside the complex. A lot harder to defend against the Covnenant.

Plus they added those annoying sniper jackals with the focus rifles on the bluffs.

A pretty challenging map for FF.

I forgot which map it was in Halo ODST Firefight match, but similar in concept with the warthog. The UNEARTHED map has a bigger complex with more play inside the complex. A lot harder to defend against the Covnenant.

Plus they added those annoying sniper jackals with the focus rifles on the bluffs.

A pretty challenging map for FF.

have they?? aww they piss me off so much >.<

theyre hard enough to kill on that water map (i forget the name :S)

i played it 4 times last night and its pretty good. it works really well if all 4 players stay in seperate locations or in groups of two. though once the 3 players i was playing with left i have not found it once. more people need to buy this map pack, its so much better than the noble one.

i played it 4 times last night and its pretty good. it works really well if all 4 players stay in seperate locations or in groups of two. though once the 3 players i was playing with left i have not found it once. more people need to buy this map pack, its so much better than the noble one.

Well when I get I get MSP I'll get right on that lol

Looks like bungie did something to te FF matchmaking playlists because i played it with my GF 3 times in a row.

Its a very nice map but it really needs atleast 3 players because the dropship drops allot of elites with the Concussion Rifle and the drop pods most of the time spawn white elites

I think it's great but I honestly feel like it also would be a great MP map as well, especially for Team Objective base, like guarding a flag, or territories. Slayer would be dumb because of the many possible places to hide and areas to camp. But overall love the map, very light and open and that's what I like! :D

Actually, I'd have to disagree with you. The two Matchmaking maps are useless and not even fun. The achievements are total shit. The only good thing is the firefight map, which is amazing.

At least it wasn't a total waste of money.

(BTW, I don't consider Noble useless because Anchor 9 was small but great, Tempest was like a small forge world, and Breakpoint was really fun.

So far all of the MP maps included in the two DLC packages are vastly superior to all of the maps included at Launch. Hope they keep up the good work. Get us some more large vehicle-centric levels like Highlands

As for Unearthed, it's a mixed bag IMO. The level itself is amazing. Very well put together and gives a nice balance of Vehicular terrain and On-foot ground to cover. On the other hand, it represents an enormous in the Halo Reach engine and the missed potential for what it could've been.

If anybody remembers in ODST, the level Lost Platoon was very similar to this except for one key difference. Enemy vehicles. Unless you were quick to eliminate vehicles on LP, you could easily become overwhelmed. It wouldn't be uncommon for a 5-wave match to pit you against 2-4 wraith tanks and 4-6 Brute Choppers/Ghosts on top of Brute Chieftains, Hunters, Drones, Jackal Snipers, etc...

To combat all of this, though, there were spawn points for rocket launchers, spartan laser, shotguns, and Warthogs at your disposal. LP was the most popular and most enjoyable map in the game because of the vehicles. Vehicles to drive, vehicles to hi-jack, and vehicles to destroy. It was war on a whole other scale.

In Halo: Reach, you never have this kind of situation. The game will bring one Wraith at a time as opposed to the two in ODST. It will never bring a ghost in the same wave as a Wraith and when the ghost does arrive, they only send one. Revenant and Banshee don't even get to see any action. Than for human vehicles you're limited to the Rocket Hog. No Chaingun or Gauss hog, no mongoose, no falcon, hornet, or scorpion tank. Highland has the potential for full-on vehicular war and instead it decided to pussyfoot around with one or two vehicles per ROUND if you were lucky. Some rounds they don't send any at all. Sadly none of the other maps have vehicles spawns outside of the rare appearance from a Wraith Tank, which is truly pitiful for a series that was originally applauded for it's use of vehicles in the beginning. Vehicles were an important driving force for the Halo series, but sadly with every game they release vehicle emphasis is lost a little more.