CAPCOM= great games, terrible achievements

Electriclectic

I've enjoyed most of Capcom's offerings this generation. I liked messing around in Dead Rising, DMC4 was pretty good, Street Fighter IV is deserving of praise, and even XBLA stuff like Bionic Commando Rearmed and MM9 & MM10 are good fun also, hard though they are.

But, and as much as I like the LP franchise, Capcom's achievements are the absolute worst, and LP2 is the worst set yet.

I don't expect an easy 1000, but I sure as hell don't expect to play through the game twice ON EASY. Christ.

The achievements are supposed to increase the longevity and replayability of the game...

I love the game and all of the episodes in it.

I can see myself playing through this many many times for fun, and the achievements will come naturally with time.

And Capcoms achievements are always hard. These just take longer.

The achievements are strange for me. They're a bit stupid but at the same time, unique and different. I want to achieve them. Difficult achievements like this really are ACHIEVEMENTS.

The only problem I have with Capcom is that they seem to be living in the stone age.

They don't allow player 2 to gain achievements (local,) split-screen is diagonal and it's HORRIBLE, some of the menu system is just stupid, checkpoints make you WTF at times xD.

While achievements are supposed to be in good clean fun they have become so popular that if you create a game with a garbage achievement list you're honestly going to lose sales. GRAW may be a good game but i'll never know because i refuse to buy a game with such horrible achievements as "be ranked #1 in the world in MP", I mean honestly who came up with that? And I know i'm certainly not the only person who thinks that way as so many people are OCD completionists.

edit: I should also say that on the flipside i won't buy games with achievements a two year old could get (eg sports games). As that taints your profile just as bad as a profile full of games that are 50% complete. Although in sports games defense they are slowly getting better.

Edited by JunkSkelington

It's kind of sad you wouldn't buy a game because it has achievements that are too difficult/easy. I love achievements myself and I try to complete every game I own but I also have games on my profile that I rented and only have 50G on that game. I don't like it but so what. I pre-ordered LP2 long ago and I really like the game even though it has terrible achievements. I know this is a site about achievements but the main purpose of games is having fun. If you miss out on great games you would have loved because of achievements... well, you get my point. No offense though, I totally get your point ;)

Exactly. But sometimes Capcom or other Publisher taking it over the edge.

This!

Look at super street fighter IV...

the average person could not pull off 1characters full trials, much less all of them, same with arcade, most people have to use the double lariat to do that but for the plat you must do that, and play 100's of matchs =\