So how rare is rare?

CrazyDoginOZ

OK so what sought of luck are people having finding them,iam talking about the possesed weapons, are they really that rare? I have only just restored the water to the forge thing, so still really early into the game and have found 4 already.

Am i just lucky or is it like this for everyone?

Side note its really lazy that the Australian version of the game has the exact same game tile pic as darksiders 1

Edited by CrazyDoginOZ

if purple is the rarest, its not that rare... i find more purples than i do blue. Green is just about every pick-up and RED (possessed) i have found 5 already and im only a little past where you are now... and i've only been sticking to the main quest-line.

IDT the ppl that are finding stuff are lucky, its just the few people that aren't finding possessed/rare items are unlucky.

Purple is the rarest, and they show up pretty often, especially after beating mini bosses and opening the chests that look bigger than the other ones.

Well purple is the rarest among the non-possessed items. But I think possessed are still the rarest in the entire game. I've found far less possessed than purple, blue, green, and white.

you're probably right, but i thought i remember hearing from one of the videos about loot that there was a level above epic (purple) and higher quality then Possessed though without the ability to grow that could be found randomly

I'm not sure. I know I haven't found anything like that. The only rare ones I've found like you describe are the unique named items. (The ones I described.) And they are by no means stronger than possessed weapons. I'd like to find them if there are such a weapon type out there. I can't say for 100% certainty. I mean there are a few places I haven't been yet in the game.

you're probably right, but i thought i remember hearing from one of the videos about loot that there was a level above epic (purple) and higher quality then Possessed though without the ability to grow that could be found randomly

o.0 I haven't seen any weapons that just grow. I've found hidden weapons which all have abilities, like the ones bosses drop. The hidden weapons are golden, which are just unique items with a passive ability. I haven't heard or seen anything about weapons that glow. I've been through the game completely and currently working on New Game +.

As for the luck - my first play through I didn't find any possessed weapons until the end of the Dead lands map, where as my roommate found a possessed weapon in the 2nd chest he opened in the game. There are some talisman's that help increase your chance of finding rare items.

Are you guys serious? iam talking about the possesed weapons not the purple drops i have a tonne of them plus u can buy them, surley just playing the game you have worked that out. The possesed weapons have a gold hue around the square in your invatory and always say possesed in the tittle.

Edited by CrazyDoginOZ

Are you guys serious? iam talking about the possesed weapons not the purple drops i have a tonne of them plus u can buy them, surley just playing the game you have worked that out. The possesed weapons have a gold hue around the square in your invatory and always say possesed in the tittle.

We know that. Someone brought up a different question and a conversation developed around it. Your question's been answered. They are rare and it's random when you get them. I've found over a dozen of them on my first playthrough and I'm not quite done yet. It's different for everyone.

i've probably found 20 possessed already and i'm still in dead world, so they aren't quite that rare

Uhhh. I call bullshit. I spent over 40 hours on my first playthrough. And I found, maybe 10. 12 at the most. In the entire game. And 2 were only obtained after completing the highest possible level of the crucible.

I'm on my 2nd game now. Having just found the lost temple. I've only found 3. And again, 2 were obtained for finishing wave 100 of the crucible.

Hell, on another profile, I didn't get a set of possessed scythes until I hit the gilded arena.

I've been keeping track. And it's like clockwork. You usually get 2-3 random low level secondary weapons in the forgelands. Then a set of scythes early into the Land of the Dead. Then, 2-4 more high level secondary weapons in the Angelic realm. And high level scythes in the demonic realm.

There's no way in hell you've got 20 possessed weapons before finishing the land of the dead. I don't care how many lucky rabbit's feet you have. No way in hell.

Edited by ThePumpkinKing

Uhhh. I call bullshit. I spent over 40 hours on my first playthrough. And I found, maybe 10. 12 at the most. In the entire game. And 2 were only obtained after completing the highest possible level of the crucible.

I'm on my 2nd game now. Having just found the lost temple. I've only found 3. And again, 2 were obtained for finishing wave 100 of the crucible.

Hell, on another profile, I didn't get a set of possessed scythes until I hit the gilded arena.

I've been keeping track. And it's like clockwork. You usually get 2-3 random low level secondary weapons in the forgelands. Then a set of scythes early into the Land of the Dead. Then, 2-4 more high level secondary weapons in the Angelic realm. And high level scythes in the demonic realm.

There's no way in hell you've got 20 possessed weapons before finishing the land of the dead. I don't care how many lucky rabbit's feet you have. No way in hell.

I'd like to chime in here on a few points.

The color of the item doesn't relate to the rarity as much as it relates to its power. So while purples are a little rarer than green its available nearly everywhere.

Possessed Weapons can be randomly purchased by Vulgrim.

I'd like to chime in here on a few points.

The color of the item doesn't relate to the rarity as much as it relates to its power. So while purples are a little rarer than green its available nearly everywhere.

Possessed Weapons can be randomly purchased by Vulgrim.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Possessed weapons are random drops. Outlined in red. Not purple. Purple are the elite tier. Green are rare. And blue are uncommon. Red are possessed. And they can't be purchased anywhere.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Possessed weapons are random drops. Outlined in red. Not purple. Purple are the elite tier. Green are rare. And blue are uncommon. Red are possessed. And they can't be purchased anywhere.

Correct. Possessed can only be found in either chest's or drops if you want to waste coins you can get lucky from vulgrim. I've only found two.. But two is all i need.

Also possessed items are orange/red colour.

Edited by xTGMx INF3RNO

That's actually not true. I got a possessed weapon from one of the ornate boxes Vulgrim sells for 10,000 gilt and 8 boatman coins. It was weaker than the one I was currently using and had shitty enchantments though. I cashed in all 100 at one time. It was right when I started my NG+ playthrough last night. It's the only one I got out of all of those purchases. So it's rare to get them, but it is possible.

I'll be honest. I was hoping you'd call bs on me so I could link the pic I took last night....

However I'm working from my phone and seem to be unable to attach the pic.

Well I didn't think this through so I'll resort to the old but relevant "nuh-uh"

I'll be honest. I was hoping you'd call bs on me so I could link the pic I took last night....

However I'm working from my phone and seem to be unable to attach the pic.

Well I didn't think this through so I'll resort to the old but relevant "nuh-uh"

That's fine if you wanna waste time scouring the world for coins for him. But I don't. I'd rather play the game naturally and find what I find the way I have. Vulgrim was pointless to include in the game. I used 96 coins on him on my first run. And I never ended up with anything worth equipping. So I can't see wasting the time collecting his coins, just for the very low chance of getting a single possessed weapon. Makes no sense.

That's fine if you wanna waste time scouring the world for coins for him. But I don't. I'd rather play the game naturally and find what I find the way I have. Vulgrim was pointless to include in the game. I used 96 coins on him on my first run. And I never ended up with anything worth equipping. So I can't see wasting the time collecting his coins, just for the very low chance of getting a single possessed weapon. Makes no sense.

It makes as much sense to dashboard for this (saving you the coin and cash) as dashboarding for the weapons with Death Tombs. But that's just my opinion.

I was just listing another way to go about it to get a possessed since people were having a hard time finding them.