Retro Lancer in multiplayer, what's your opinion on it?

Literally almost every game, someone is raging towards me for using this gun.

I love using this gun and find it effective against shotgun rushers. I will B button them if they come right up to me. I also find it very powerful.

So are you one of the people that despise retro users? Do you not care? Or are you one yourself?

If you use this too, do you get so much hate as well?

I love using this gun and find it effective against shotgun rushers. I will B button them if they come right up to me. I also find it very powerful.

So are you one of the people that despise retro users? Do you not care? Or are you one yourself?

People will hate on you for killing them with any weapon in this game. Just ignore it and play on man. :rock

Its pretty rubbish compared to the lancer in this one... kinda like the same fire power yet at long range its shit now compare to the lancer(i used to burst people down with the retro across the map in GOW3) and at close range the "spiking" (not impalling) dosen't do shit now... compare to GOW3 where it was as powerfull as a melee.

So bottom line... exept a very middle range the lancer own the retro on every aspect... and i REALLY miss my retro of the third game... It was my main weapon, even before the Gnasher.

that my friend is WHY they rage out, i get it too, its a good gun to counter the N00B stick. EVERY match, Gnasher Shotgun, Gnasher Shotgun, Gnasher Shotgun... thats all i usually see in the kill feed...

they cant take it when someone ends their killing spree you see, they use the shotguns and feel like god. till they take a Retro mag to the face :)

i love the Retro and the rage i get, lets me know im doing something right.

I use the retro or the hammerburst....why you say??? As the other guns like lancer get used loads in other modes, ie campaign, survival & overrun. I never use a gnasher as a starting weapon as I can always pick 1 up off the floor from a killed enemy. I just want to slowly gain all my onyx medals although I doubt I will ever beat Survival on Insane, yet to try but have done Hardcore as I did the Soldier cheevo with Cole.

I use the retro or the hammerburst....why you say??? As the other guns like lancer get used loads in other modes, ie campaign, survival & overrun. I never use a gnasher as a starting weapon as I can always pick 1 up off the floor from a killed enemy. I just want to slowly gain all my onyx medals although I doubt I will ever beat Survival on Insane, yet to try but have done Hardcore as I did the Soldier cheevo with Cole.

I tried to up the onyx as well, but i promised myself after the grindfest that was Seriously 3.0(and i did play the game for real online A LOT) i would not bother boosting the medals this time, achievement or no achievement. I would be surprise they would pull out one now, as the only thing i may see is "get the embry star" but getting half of them is all easy enough to do completely legit.

But in the end if there would be an achievement or something whatever... i doubt i could pull out insane survival... that shit is horribly difficult... i did Hardcore too, but all i could ever done on insane with a party of 5 was to get to wave 7... and considering its when the real difficulty normaly start (longer waves, harder ennemies) i think im pretty much doomed.