Achievements done wrong?

Your Dead McFly

Does anyone else feel like Microsoft fixed something that wasn't broken. In terms of the overly done achievements & challeges. My concern is it is not fun anymore getting an achievement with huge pictures and an unnecessary screen guide. Hopefully they condense the achievement aspect & go back to the developers unique pictures & description.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like them, the old ones were small and ugly.

I hear ya. Basically an achievement is a medal, citation, ribbon, what have you. Something small to admire/brag briefly. But I feel like microsoft thinks I'm a Mentally Hadicapped. And that I need a Huge picture of a game screenshot to post on the refrigerator like I'm the most Special guy on xboxlive. All I'm saying is I'd rather have other xboxlivers look at a small display of my awards then an oversized pictures that says hey "Your an exceptional individual"

I really don't like how XB1 achievements look more like PS trophy's now. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Microsoft started the whole idea and PlayStation copied them, so why all of a sudden is Microsoft trying to make their achievements look like PlayStation trophy's? :mad:

How do they look like PS trophies?

The Xbox One and Xbox 360 both show the Xbox logo and a trophy symbol. It has always been that way.

Maybe I just don't know how to explain this right, but they are just different.

Edit: I think the color being blue just threw me off, and I think the trophy looks a little more like the PS3 trophy now, but I might just be crazy.

Edited by UCanCallMeDuckey

I actually kind of like it. I spent an inordinately large amount of time staring at my achievements for someone who hasn't even crossed over the 50k mark, so at least now I have something to look at lol. And the fact that when you go into an individual achievement it shows the screenshot at full size instead of just a big white box to explain what you did to get said achievement was a nice touch imho.

The only thing that bothers me about the cheevos at all, and it's only a very small amount of bother, is the number devs are capable of putting in now. "(on X360 to check out cheevos for Killer Instinct) Wait...it has how many achievements? HOW MANY!? I'LL NEVER GET ANOTHER 100%! T_T"

I like the bigger format. I am looooooving the interface so far, although I am a tad disappointed I can't snap Skype to the side while gaming.

There are definitely some things I haven't figured out yet, such as how to snap espn to the side while gaming and be able to hear the audio of the game along with the snapped app, but I figure that is likely user error.

Overall, I am quite impressed.

I love Xbox One but I don't like new system for achievements. Main problems is:

You can't delete history if remain 0% / 0G :uzi:

No achievements list. Microsoft should add Achievements option where you can look at your achievements through new system or look at Lists that original from Xbox 360. Will be good. I prefer list in my opinion because it is easy and choose games scrolls down fast and choose game to look at. :(

No chat pad plug for controller. I want this since I am deaf and want to easy to use. I fucked hate using controller for texts cos took too slow and take time. Wii U is easy since Gamepad and you touchscreen using touchscreen pen to texting and drawing and that is easy. Chat pad in Xbox 360 is easy to use and PS3 got same. Stupid Microsoft should release chatpad 2.0 for Xbox One. Disappointed with it. :mad:

I hope Microsoft addressed it soon and bring it so soon not wait few years time like 360 that got chatpad 2 to 3 years after launched!!! Microsoft need to bring it to Xbox One right sooner otherwise I would fed up with Microsoft. (my mum will phone Microsoft next week for complaints about no chat pad and maybe ask to have option for choose to look at new achievements system or original achievements system that allow using list like 360. Mum want to talk Microsoft next week about chat pad since she knew how important to me and she agreed. She will talked with Microsoft. She told just now. She not happy with Microsoft since chat pad is popular in 360 and should come with Xbox One for launched lol). :uzi:

Xbox One is 85% :) in my opinion since Achievements List and Chatpad is missing!!! Many of my friends agreed me over this. Well I knew they are cos they loved chat pad but been talked with few friends and they told me how they disappointed with achievements system and no chatpad. :(

Edited by cheevo360

I like the new setup, it's not like it's all that much harder to get there than it was on 360, in fact if you pin them it's almost the exact same series of button presses.

The only thing I don't like is that your progress isn't shown on Xbox.com now. I know they are pushing smart glass and from what I've seen it's working pretty well but it's not always viable to pull a phone or tablet out. I sit in front of a computer for 8 hours a day at work and while I'm free to use the internet I'm not supposed to use my phone let alone my iPad so now I have no way to go quickly see where I am up to or anything.