OK, so this game is out now...

Wanz1

The controls are just the worst, the tutorial information is clunky with instructions that make me have to sit right next to my TV to see the distinction between bumpers and triggers, and the minimalist UI does more to annoy than engross.

Nice graphics for an arcade title, but I didn't even finish the tutorial before quitting and deleting.

In what regards? Like, is it just the singleplayer that falls apart or is the multiplayer bad too? I'm only asking because I'm curious, I tried the trial after being extremely underwhelmed by the Bloodforge trial, and although the story or singleplayer in Deep Black doesn't interest me, it really felt like the controls and underwater mechanics of the game could be really fun, especially online with other players.

Should I still consider this purchase, or does the game really get even worse after what you see in the trial? I would love some underwater deathmatches at least.

Ugh.. when do those Sega Vintage collections come out? I've been excited for too many XBLA games that end up being severely mediocre, it'd be nice to at least get a game I already know is good.

This game is terrible... You haven't heard of it for a reason.

Clunky controls, terrible gunplay, cliche voice acting, generic graphics and it's pretty much boring.

When I died I had no clue I was even close to death, your health meter seems random.

This game isn't even worth a download.

In what regards? Like, is it just the singleplayer that falls apart or is the multiplayer bad too? I'm only asking because I'm curious, I tried the trial after being extremely underwhelmed by the Bloodforge trial, and although the story or singleplayer in Deep Black doesn't interest me, it really felt like the controls and underwater mechanics of the game could be really fun, especially online with other players.
When I played the MP with a friend who lives in the same city, it was still unplayably laggy and glitchy. Like his character would just teleport around and be impossible to hit even when we were boosting! But even if that was just some weird lag fluke and the game is normally fine, you still shouldn't buy it simply because this game sold extremely poorly. You would never be able to find a match.

And Monster World is apparently coming within a month, so don't give up hope! :)

This game looks like a cross of Hydrophobia and Blacklight. I'm disappointed since Hydrophobia held promise and never panned out as a trilogy and this one doesn't seem to do much better.
The game is eerily similar to Hydrophobia!

- Both are large projects that were made "episodic" because the developer needs money.

- Both games sold too poorly for an episode 2 to be possible.

- Both games are all about water.

- Both games have a main character with a phobia.

- Every cutscene in both games has the main character looking at a futuristic holo-display and talking to someone.

- Both of them just end suddenly when you're about to go do something exciting.

- Both feature a plasma-based "stun gun" that kills instead of stunning.

There are more; if you played Hydrophobia, like every other thing in Deep Black will remind you of it.

This game is terrible... You haven't heard of it for a reason.

Clunky controls, terrible gunplay, cliche voice acting, generic graphics and it's pretty much boring.

When I died I had no clue I was even close to death, your health meter seems random.

This game isn't even worth a download.

To each their own-I'm enjoying it.

Yeah I must say, play it for what it is. It's cheap, it's fun, and it beats the hell out of Witcher 2 and mw3 when you just want to lighten things up. And if you can't see the stuff on your tv, adjust the settings. Or don't play it. Whatever. It's an arcade title, NOT some epic mmmmorrrrpppgggg!!
Man, I have 230 XBLA completions, please don't tell me what to expect from an XBLA game when you have like 5 and don't try to twist this into me not realizing what XBLA is like or about. This game is just bad, it being an XBLA title has nothing to do with it and is not an excuse. Edited by DROGTURIST

Exactly. For a measly $10 what more can one expect? Well worth it.

So, please, enlighten me and tell me how games are supposed to be. For I, obviously don;t drop the cash that you do on XBLA games, nor do I seem to be able to co-op complete them. I must be in some way inferior as to how games are really supposed to work. Please accept my humble apologies as I just don't have a clue.

JACK ASS!

Man, I have 230 XBLA completions, please don't tell me what to expect from an XBLA game when you have like 5 and don't try to twist this into me not realizing what XBLA is like or about. This game is just bad, it being an XBLA title has nothing to do with it and is not an excuse.

herpderp *I'm awesome and am the only one that can legitimately judge games because I've played so many*

I don't see how the controls are clunky. On land movement is sluggish but the controls are fine. The movement in water feels right although a little slow. I'm enjoying it. It's definetley not the worst arcade title out there at the minute. Arcade Next titles have been pretty shoddy next to this (Bloodforge and Fable Heroes anyway)

• 7 months later...
Man, I have 230 XBLA completions, please don't tell me what to expect from an XBLA game when you have like 5 and don't try to twist this into me not realizing what XBLA is like or about. This game is just bad, it being an XBLA title has nothing to do with it and is not an excuse.

Wow that's the dumbest comment I've ever read.